StarCraft® II

Amazing campaign

I just finish it and i have no regret, it was really fun to learn Zerg, but i'm curious to know how Protoss campaign will beat this..! HotS is my best Starcraft experience..!

Thanks Blizz for that wonderful Entertainment...!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So happy you have enjoyed it! I can tell you that the team here at Blizzard have poured their heart and soul into the game and really thrilled that it is being received so warmly.

We will keep working to ensure that the gaming experiences we continue to put out (LotV) are pushing our abilities in the medium. But, you are right, the bar has been set very high here.

My personal kudos to the entire team, along with yours!
Reply Quote
Yeah, campaign was nice, but... you should add achievement "Complete campaign without Kerrigan hero", because with her super powers, even Brutal becomes too easy.

Or just create "Inferno Mode" which can be harder, than Brutal.
Reply Quote

Or not. We dont need that, or anything related to that, please thank you very much. By all means play without kerrigan if u feel its too easy.

Also great job blizz. Not where i would take the story personally, but very executed nonetheless.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Luminous

Or not. We dont need that, or anything related to that, please thank you very much. By all means play without kerrigan if u feel its too easy.

Also great job blizz. Not where i would take the story personally, but very executed nonetheless.
Some people like the game to be a challenge. I personally do not but why not do it?
Reply Quote
So happy you have enjoyed it! I can tell you that the team here at Blizzard have poured their heart and soul into the game and really thrilled that it is being received so warmly.

We will keep working to ensure that the gaming experiences we continue to put out (LotV) are pushing our abilities in the medium. But, you are right, the bar has been set very high here.

Yo I loved the story, but there was a lack of extras, No lost viking, no new challenges, no new background for beating the game(WoL had this), No new unit skins for beating it.
Reply Quote
As a Protoss player, I can't wait for LotV. I just hope that the campaign focuses on the individual characters rather than the race as a whole. I want to know what Zeratul has been up to.

HotS, however, has been great so far. Hoping to finish it up after work. It's light years ahead of the WoL campaign.
Reply Quote
I can tell you that the team here at Blizzard have poured their heart and soul into the game and really thrilled that it is being received so warmly

Let's be realistic, your campaign was okay. It was a better story than WoL or D3 (the latter of which is AWFUL, by far the worst you've ever done), but it's still too retconned and arbitrary to be worthy of SC1's legacy.

Also, I know you're trying to sell these things as "complete games", but they're not. HotS feels like one of the old Zerg campaigns without the fat trimmed. SC1 was a complete story. BW was a complete story. Your strategy of breaking it up isn't accomplishing anything artistically. You're doing it for money, admit it.

And why aren't there more interactions with the other races? The Protoss appear, like, twice.

And stop using "space magic" esque plot devices so much. This isn't DBZ, where your only goal to perform wondrous acts is to just get "more power".

And learn to use your characters better. Duran's death, for example, was inexcusably poor.

You have a LOT of room to improve, so don't disappoint any further with LotV.
Edited by Redrum on 3/15/2013 11:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Existor
Yeah, campaign was nice, but... you should add achievement "Complete campaign without Kerrigan hero", because with her super powers, even Brutal becomes too easy.

If you don't want to use her in battle, just burrow her and pretend she's not there.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:44 AMPosted by willpower

If you don't want to use her in battle, just burrow her and pretend she's not there.

Or just not do any evolution missions. That will give you a challenge.
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Luminous

We didn't need WoL or Hots either, or any video game for that matter, so........great logic.

I also feel the HotS campaign is easier than WoL and wouldn't mind seeing more achievements or even an "inferno mode".

I really liked the story and don't understand all the complaints. I saw good character transition in Kerrigan and liked how emotions were getting the best of her at different parts in the story. Wish there was more Zeratul though and more of the grander prophecy concerning Amon, that was a little dry (maybe to maintain its ambiguity). I was happy to finally see Kerrigan end old ties (with quite some flare) to move on to bigger things.
Reply Quote
but it's still too retconned and arbitrary to be worthy of SC1's legacy.
Please enumerate the retcons and arbitrary factors in HOTS that makes it so.

03/15/2013 11:43 AMPosted by Redrum
Also, I know you're trying to sell these things as "complete games",
Not really... They're selling these games as part of a trilogy.

HotS feels like one of the old Zerg campaigns without the fat trimmed.
Correct, and that's really good because that's the objective to some extent.

SC1 was a complete story. BW was a complete story.
Another reason why comparing either WOL or HOTS ALONE to the SC1 story (SC + BW) is (a) unfair, (b) incorrect.

Your strategy of breaking it up isn't accomplishing anything artistically.
On the contrary... They accomplished setting up a whole theme of space cowboy lore in WOL that had the effect of introducing every single major piece of the chessboard while staying as cheesy as was intended, till the end. In HOTS, they went deeper and centralized everything around one character's overriding need for blood and vengeance, and they went far into the character's conscience and highlighted a lot of undertones that were not as obvious as her main goal, but they then fleshed out the major/real threat to the whole universe, and focused on broadening the story and introduce the main villain for the next game, while still pulling in a few negative characters from the current and previous games, making the HOTS story (sort of) standalone, but creating a strong tie to the next chapter.

You're doing it for money, admit it.
Of course they are... They are a corporation. Corps do everything for money. Are you naive or something?

And why aren't there more interactions with the other races? The Protoss appear, like, twice.
Because this is a ZERG campaign, focused on fighting TERRANS. The Protoss story comes after in LOTV.

And stop using "space magic" esque plot devices so much.
???

LOL... So, you're not able to process the fact that Protoss is all about power of the mind and a lot of psionic energy manipulation is LIKE magic? The thing about Protoss is that they are fanatical as a race and are mostly fanatical about their religion. SC1 talks about this quite a lot, especially Zeratul admonishing the Judicator caste for clinging to their "vaunted religion" that they do not see the fall before them.

where your only goal to perform wondrous acts is to just get "more power".
You have one TWISTED idea of how Protoss works...

And learn to use your characters better. Duran's death, for example, was inexcusably poor.
lol! Seriously, you have no better idea of how to make that ending "better", and you come here saying it was "poor", without a shred of supporting arguments to support that claim.

Yeah. Right.

The ending to Duran was actually the best one I could think of. Duran is not a final boss, and was merely a puppet that was insidious and really crafty. An end with shape-shifting involved, then getting beaten at his own game, is more than fitting.

You have a LOT of room to improve, so don't disappoint any further with LotV.
Actually, you probably need to tone down your ignorance of what good story-telling is about.
Reply Quote
Yeah I have to say, though I really enjoyed WoL it was fun and humorous to say the least but HoTS did an amazing job, not quite sure how i feel about the "boss battles" in which i wont really go into as its the only problem i have with it but other than that, it was amazing so much depth and emotion in it, reminded me why i loved the story in the first place & well the two people I wanted to return in HoTS from broodwar did and it was awesome.

Personally I cant wait for LoTV either as a HUGE protoss fan and knowing how dark it probably will get in LoTV with the protoss being very prophetic with there story's and game-play genuinely I cant wait, I dont mean to sound kind of morbid 0.o but im looking forward to the possibility of some quite dark and i mean DARK story telling, if its anything like HoTS(though it didnt feel as dark as anticipated to me) or better I ask you to take my wallet now and keep it for eternity.

THANK YOU blizzard you guys are incredible keep it up! :)

on a side note/ @zamara completely agree with every single response you added to these people but i wouldn't waste time on them, most of them are seriously just trolls, it happens every time someone says something nice about a games story lol.
Edited by xeN on 3/15/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
have to agree with OP here, i loved the campaign. i'm probably not looking forward to LotV as much as he is though ;) all i care about is my zerg
Reply Quote

I hate to be "that" guy but judging from the rest of the threads on the forums the game wasn't received that warmly.......:-/
Reply Quote

I didn't know that the thread has continued ;))))
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
I hate to be "that" guy but judging from the rest of the threads on the forums the game wasn't received that warmly.......:-/

If you look and read them most people disagree with the OP. Only time I hear people complain and have people actually agree with them is with how easy they say brutal is.
Reply Quote
All I gotta say is I am very impressed! I've only done a few missions but it is epic so far.
Reply Quote
I loved the campaing as well(even thou i didnt wanted kerrigan to get infested again) but there is one thing I would really like changed on it... Last mission should have been like the last mission in the original starcraft, you control both factions by yourself with independant supply and stuff, would have been way mroe challanging
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]