Screen FREEZES.

Does Blizzard's Suport exists?
Reply Quote
that's good advice but highly unlikely an overtemp problem. I am running a temperature controlled controler on my system. and I clean my vents regularly. my problems started after the last update. I would start there but I have yet to see any evidence that blizzard even knows there is a problem. I'm beyond frustrated. I thin it's time I retire this bull!@#$ game.
Reply Quote
This has lost me FAR too many ladder games, i am now stopping my StarCraft 2 play until it's fixed. Blizzard HURRY UP!
Reply Quote
Anyday now blizz!!
Reply Quote
They cannot be serious about this bug, they must do something about it.
Since i'm on windows 8, it just got worse!!!!
DO SOMETHING PLEASE, I CANNOT CONTINUE LOSING ALL MY DAMN GAMES BECAUSE OF THAT!!!
Reply Quote
For those still having this issue, uninstalling the battle.net launcher and running SC2 from a shortcut resolves this issue.
Reply Quote
I had to uninstalled the battle.net app.
When I did the freezes are gone.
Reply Quote
The interesting thing when this happens is that the game continues to play, even though the video is frozen if you're playing the Campaign.
Reply Quote
I also removed the Battle.Net launcher and my freezes have disappeared.

Thanks for the quick tip, Xillian
Edited by Timpraetor on 7/1/2014 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/30/2014 02:54 AMPosted by xillian
For those still having this issue, uninstalling the battle.net launcher and running SC2 from a shortcut resolves this issue.
hallelujah give this man a medal
Reply Quote
Happy to help guys :)
Reply Quote
When I uninstalled the bnet launcher app the problem disappeared as well.

However now we may have a problem.
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/14569679/launchers-upgrading-to-battlenet-desktop-app-25-06-2014
Reply Quote
I hope Blizzard is not going to make our SC2 game's graphic freeze up on us. Being forced to use something that has broke sc2 from day one. Its been 6 months now this bug has been out.
Reply Quote
Please fix this now.
Reply Quote
So you said we are getting a patch eventually for this. Here it is 5 months later and I'm still getting the issue.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
We are continuing to investigate this issue. As some players have mentioned above, closing the Battle.net app can prevent the screen freezing issue. Here's how to set the Battle.net app to close when you launch StarCraft II:

• On the top left of the Battle.net app, click on the Battle.net icon
  • Go to Settings.
  • On the left, General should be selected.
  • Under WHEN I LAUNCH A GAME, select:
    Exit Battle.net completely
  • Click Done.
  • ________________________________________________

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
    Reply Quote
    still having same issue
    still screen freezing while i set the mode as exit the battlenet app completly
    Reply Quote
    SAME HERE CTRL ALT DEL DOSENT SOLVE IT FOR ME
    Reply Quote
    someone commented that deleting battlenet app program solved the problem.
    I tried, and it works. it totally solved the screen freezing problem.
    Reply Quote
    Hey, I have lost 2 games on the ladder because of this. If you guys could fix this that would be amazing. Thanks for your help Blizzard!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]