StarCraft® II

client side cache read connection failed

Same problem here folks! Tried cycling and flushing... still no good. Anything else that might work?
Reply Quote
I thought my problem was okay but then I realized i can only play 2vs2. If i try 1v1, 3v3 or 4v4 it doesn't work. It says download failed...
Reply Quote
same issue
Reply Quote
Can we have an update on this? After flushing my DNS I was able to play 2s but 2s ONLY! If I try 1v1, 3v3, or 4v4 it doesn't work. It says download failed, so I tried to restart routeur and reflushed my DNS and no luck this time...
Reply Quote
Did both, folder and flush, and still not working as well.
Reply Quote
Same problem here, deleted cache folder and flushed dns am only able to play 2v2's not sure what the problem is but as far as I'm concerned it's on blizzard's end not mine. I was able to play fine until I purchased HoTS yesterday.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
So far, it looks like everyone is from Canada or the Northeast U.S.

If you haven't already done so, please go through these steps, to be thorough:

1) Power cycle the router and modem.
2) Flush the DNS cache.
3) Delete the Battle.net cache, Blizzard Entertainment folder, and Variables.txt file in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\StarCraft II

Please also post your location and ISP, so we can spot some commonalities.

Finally, a trace route may help diagnose this issue as well.

This could also be a DNS issue, and using an alternate DNS server may help.
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm PST
Pelinti
Reply Quote
FYI.... Manually configuring my DNS to Google's public DNS rather than obtain automatically fixed my problem and SO FAR no recurrences.... My ISP is Start Communcations in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.
Reply Quote
I posted about this in a different thread. Flush DNS, power cycle, and deleting the SC2 folder in documents (or just the variables) didn't work for me by themselves. When I found this post and went through all the steps including delete the hidden battle.net cache and blizzard entertainment folders (Which I hadn't done before), it finally seems to work.

Not sure if it matters, but I'm in Southeast Alaska and my ISP is General Communications Inc (GCI).
Reply Quote
I'm still having issues after the power cycle , and flush of the DNS cache. Is there anything else I can try? Is this issue being worked on?
Reply Quote
Had the same problem but it went away when i ran the game as administrator.
Reply Quote
Deleting battle.net cache and Blizzard cache fixed this for me
Reply Quote
Macomb, Michigan here with the same problem. Sucky Comcast reporting. :)

It's doing the

"The Launcher is optimizing your StarCraft II install. This is a process we run from time to time to improve game performance and, in most cases, reduce the size of the install on your hard drive.

The entire process will take approximately 15 - 60 minutes under normal conditions. Please do not close the Launcher or run StarCraft II during this time.

Thank you for your patience!"
Edited by HighHemplar on 3/16/2013 10:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dns flush didn't work for me nor did deleting vairble.txt and it i fixed the firewall WHAT THE !@#$ BLIZZARD THIS IS BUULL%^-* IT WAS WORKING 4 HOURS AGO
Reply Quote

It's doing the

"The Launcher is optimizing your StarCraft II install. This is a process we run from time to time to improve game performance and, in most cases, reduce the size of the install on your hard drive.

The entire process will take approximately 15 - 60 minutes under normal conditions. Please do not close the Launcher or run StarCraft II during this time.

Wayne, Michigan

Comcast

Same problem again, after I got HotS. I wonder if this is a Comcast thing, I wouldn't doubt it.
Reply Quote

It's doing the

Wayne, Michigan

Comcast

Same problem again, after I got HotS. I wonder if this is a Comcast thing, I wouldn't doubt it.

Just reinstalled the entire game, still get the error.
Reply Quote
I also have this error, and have tried every solution outlined here and in other threads (rebooting, flushing DNS cache, using public DNS servers, clearing Blizzard cache, deleting SCII user preferences folder, repairing game). Nothing worked.

I can't play any part of the game except the campaign due to this error, and I didn't buy HOTS for the singleplayer.
Reply Quote
I've done all the steps and it still isn't working consistantly for me.

I'm in eastern Pennsylvania; ISP - Service Electric Cable

Tracert:

Tracing route to 12.129.202.154 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 7 ms 7 ms 8 ms 10.229.192.1
3 7 ms 10 ms 7 ms gateway2-t8-3-sectvcmtsfarm.sm.ptd.net [24.229.18.62]
4 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms gateway-t3-2-abn2sm2.abn.ptd.net [207.44.125.2]
5 14 ms 14 ms 16 ms sl-st30-ash-.sprintlink.net [144.228.205.25]
6 18 ms 25 ms 15 ms sl-st31-ash-0-8-0-3.sprintlink.net [144.232.3.171]
7 83 ms 15 ms 17 ms 192.205.37.109
8 121 ms 132 ms 135 ms cr2.wswdc.ip.att.net [12.122.84.82]
9 80 ms 79 ms 80 ms cr1.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.18.21]
10 88 ms 84 ms 83 ms cr2.dvmco.ip.att.net [12.122.31.85]
11 84 ms 87 ms 87 ms cr1.slkut.ip.att.net [12.122.30.25]
12 84 ms 83 ms 83 ms cr2.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.30.30]
13 112 ms 83 ms 80 ms gar29.la2ca.ip.att.net [12.122.129.241]
14 79 ms 80 ms 81 ms 12-122-254-234.attens.net [12.122.254.234]
15 81 ms 82 ms 79 ms mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.250]
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
Reply Quote
Hey so I don't know if Blizzard did anything on their side or if Comcast got their sh!t together (or if I needed to restart my PC?) but everything is all and well. I was able to "download all the items" for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 ranked and unranked.

If Jesus played any part in this, thank you. Thank you for fixing my Starcraft 2 connection instead of the feeding the kids in Africa.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]