Jim and Sarah

What most people don't realize is Blizz wont completely finish of the Franchise, and there will be other StarCraft further down the line. Keeping the same leadership as we have now, it would be impossible to have a decent plot. Some main chars will probably die, Kerrigan will pass off the swarm to that Queen she loves, and go off with Raynor. This way there are conclusions to everything, yet with completely new leader ship, there is potential for future additions to the franchise.

So what, they'll just keep the two of them pursuing each other for additional games?
They have already set in little hints that they could let Sarah be free of the Zerg once again. That is if you take all the interactions between Kerrigan and Zagara as foreshadowing. All that stuff about Zagara leading the swarm one day? Boom. now its possible for that transition if they want to have a "happy" ending for the series. All they need is some Xel Naga artifact (which Jim might have taken at the end of HotS) or hell maybe some "good Xel Naga" who aren't insane dark deities might show up and offer it.
Edited by AerensianiC on 3/13/2013 12:52 PM PDT
I think they'll make it work in the end. Jim said he's done but then he comes back and helps her in the final battle and is all nice to her again. After realizing from the Vid that she was going to let Valerian save the civilians and try to avoid them. She showed she's still there it's still her and not the same murderous zerg she was before. I think Jim saw that.
They have already set in little hints that they could let Sarah be free of the Zerg once again. That is if you take all the interactions between Kerrigan and Zagara as foreshadowing. All that stuff about Zagara leading the swarm one day? Boom. now its possible for that transition if they want to have a "happy" ending for the series. All they need is some Xel Naga artifact (which Jim might have taken at the end of HotS) or hell maybe some "good Xel Naga" who aren't insane dark deities might show up and offer it.

Possibly. It seemed like Kerrigan WAS trying to set up Za'gara and the other Broodmothers to take her place when the task is finished.
I think they'll make it work in the end. Jim said he's done but then he comes back and helps her in the final battle and is all nice to her again. After realizing from the Vid that she was going to let Valerian save the civilians and try to avoid them. She showed she's still there it's still her and not the same murderous zerg she was before. I think Jim saw that.

That part is obvious, shame it had to take up to there before he finally realized this time, the infestation didn't take away her humanity.

You'd think during the prison cutscene where she gave him the gun and all that would have proven at least SOMETHING...
They're both pretty screwed at this point.

Sad, but who honestly didn't see it coming?

Oh I wouldn't say that. Even after her reinfestation and taking the powers from Zerus, Kerrigan still felt Amon would be too powerful to beat.

And I believe despite what she said in the epilogue of renouncing everything, I think she'll still need Raynor for emotional support.
They have different paths to walk now that the one thing that tied them together besides love is ash. Kerrigan has to take the swarm into the void to fight Amon. Raynor is very likely going to be called upon to help the Prince become a worthy emperor and be busy with rebuilding the Dominion as he set out to do from the very beginning. They still obviously love each other. The exchange at the end is bittersweet because they know that circumstances simply won't allow them to have normal lives together.
They have different paths to walk now that the one thing that tied them together besides love is ash. Kerrigan has to take the swarm into the void to fight Amon. Raynor is very likely going to be called upon to help the Prince become a worthy emperor and be busy with rebuilding the Dominion as he set out to do from the very beginning. They still obviously love each other. The exchange at the end is bittersweet because they know that circumstances simply won't allow them to have normal lives together.

At least for now. The convos with Zagara DID kind of imply Kerrigan wanted the broodmothers to take over the swarm EVENTUALLY....
03/13/2013 02:57 PMPosted by Gary

Possibly. It seemed like Kerrigan WAS trying to set up Za'gara and the other Broodmothers to take her place when the task is finished.

It also could mean that Kerrigan will be dying...HOPEFULLY NOT..but you never know.

Hey, I only said "when the task is finished", I never said HOW the task will be finished.

The only thing those convos with Zagara implied is that Kerrigan only wanted to keep this position until Amon's defeat. But once that's done...
03/13/2013 02:53 PMPosted by ragnarok

At least for now. The convos with Zagara DID kind of imply Kerrigan wanted the broodmothers to take over the swarm EVENTUALLY....

Right, but that could mean Kerrigan is being set up for a heroic sacrifice. But even if she could leave the Zerg, she can't be truly human again and the Dominion would demand justice for her crimes, new leadership or not.
03/13/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Fluttershy

Right, but that could mean Kerrigan is being set up for a heroic sacrifice. But even if she could leave the Zerg, she can't be truly human again and the Dominion would demand justice for her crimes, new leadership or not.

Oh I wouldn't exactly say that. You forget ghost agents are not know by names and such. Therefore, BEFORE the whole infestation, few people in the sector even knew of Kerrigan.

Even as the Queen of Blades and the people that felt she was an infested human, very few people in the sector knew who what infested human was...

Oh I wouldn't exactly say that. You forget ghost agents are not know by names and such. Therefore, BEFORE the whole infestation, few people in the sector even knew of Kerrigan.

Even as the Queen of Blades and the people that felt she was an infested human, very few people in the sector knew who what infested human was...

More than just Jim Raynor know she is. They'd be on the run. Blizzard is all about the big epic and I'm convinced we got Tassadar 2.0 on our hands.
I just hope with all my being that somehow they make the ending for the series a happy one, and that Kerrigan and Jim either live together forever, or just die together fighintg amon... I really want them to be together :(

More than just Jim Raynor know she is. They'd be on the run. Blizzard is all about the big epic and I'm convinced we got Tassadar 2.0 on our hands.

Possibly. I think at the end of the game, Kerrigan was trying to tell Raynor to find someone to make him happy. But my gut feeling is by LotV, she'll discover that didn't work.

Oh I wouldn't say that. Even after her reinfestation and taking the powers from Zerus, Kerrigan still felt Amon would be too powerful to beat.

And I believe despite what she said in the epilogue of renouncing everything, I think she'll still need Raynor for emotional support.

Aaaaand how does any of that matter with regards to the two of them having any hope for some kind of a life together? They're hosed, done deal. Unless either she infests him (unlikely) or at the end of it all, Za'gara takes over and she somehow becomes human again (also unlikely).

Aaaaand how does any of that matter with regards to the two of them having any hope for some kind of a life together? They're hosed, done deal. Unless either she infests him (unlikely) or at the end of it all, Za'gara takes over and she somehow becomes human again (also unlikely).

Maybe, but the HotS ending still leaves things open. Blizzard only said their relationship will conclude before LotV, they didn't say it had to conclude by HotS.

Besides, Kerrigan left Raynor at the end, believing he'd find someone else in his life to give him that happiness, I bet by LotV, she'll realize that didn't work.
What most people don't realize is Blizz wont completely finish of the Franchise, and there will be other StarCraft further down the line. Keeping the same leadership as we have now, it would be impossible to have a decent plot. Some main chars will probably die, Kerrigan will pass off the swarm to that Queen she loves, and go off with Raynor. This way there are conclusions to everything, yet with completely new leader ship, there is potential for future additions to the franchise.

its something im hoping for and blizzard have a good knack of surprising people with what they come up with, they might have ways to turn kerrigan normal or infest jim (although highly unlikely the latter)

Hey, with them coming back in LotV, you don't know what their situation would be like for that.

Agree. Even though their relationship is so complicated and dramatic and most of all, so hard, but at the end of the day if you have to sum up what is SC story about, I think the only answer is: Sarah & Jim.
I'm not saying there will be a happy ending cuz I don't see that happen but I'm pretty sure this heartbreaking ending definitely doesn't mean they are DONE.

you never know about that

Their romance is over, but I think they'll still remain friendly throughout the story.

WHY OH WHY could they of at least have one last kiss before they depart... I know shes a zerg and all but damnit if they going to never see each other again why not that one last kiss... it would of made it perfect or at least not leave it on a such of a messed up ending... D: im so sad now I want to cry :(

Btw i finished the game just now... I should be happy that the one i shall not name >:| is now dead ABOUT TIME!, but I was really hoping to see jim and sarah together at last...

i doubt their romance is over and im pretty sure blizzard wont let SC end after this trilogy. This could lead to new leaders new factions just like nazar said
anyways theres multiple ways this could lead to/end in ways concerning their relationship

1. they both die in this war against Amon (or one of them dies and the other goes insane, suicides whatever)

2. They once again find a way to turn Kerrigan back to normal although this could have several complications (and is very unlikely), the zerg wouldnt hesitate to kill anyone without kerrigan keeping them in check and i dont see Kerrigan just giving up her seat of power again after becoming the primal queen of blades as she still seems herself instead of becoming rage induced when the Overmind infested her.

3. Jim willingly or unwillingly joins the swarm using the zerus pool like kerrigan did (although likely to kill him due to things heard from in campaign) (via choice, injury, force, prophecy, etc)

4. Because the protoss and others are still demanding Kerrigan's head (this could change due to LOTV) they might never have a happily ever after, if they dont change their mind about killing Sarah, Jim might just convince himself to go to war with fight all his old allies (again though unlikely but still plausible)

5. Raynor did say that it was over when he didnt shoot kerrigan after he found out what she did to become the queen of blades again (although this is highly unlikely as she even put his gun to her head asking if he was going to kill her for fenix and the others shes killed and that he came to save her)

and there are many more outcomes but i just cant think of all of them right now. Im hoping for another tie in novel for HOTS and LOTV and a shorter release date than last time and then SC3 maybe another 5 years down the track lol. Although doubtful one can hope, and i hope they will end up having a happy ending
and there are many more outcomes but i just cant think of all of them right now. Im hoping for another tie in novel for HOTS and LOTV and a shorter release date than last time and then SC3 maybe another 5 years down the track lol. Although doubtful one can hope, and i hope they will end up having a happy ending

This is my hope too. I mean with HotS's ending, Kerrigan has proven to fight for Raynor just as hard as he would for her. You'd think after all this fighting, it has to be worth something.

Remember what Raynor said in WoL: "Some things are just worth fighting for."

Are we really supposed to believe that despite all that, it's going to be for nothing anyway?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]