StarCraft® II

Jim and Sarah

Possibly, but if she does that, she'll never be able to go back to a human life, which she still wants after Amon is dealt with.

I'm pretty sure she wants Amon dead and the universe safe more then she wants to down grade back to a human body. Given that the Xel'naga made that artifact it seems reasonable they would use something like it against her again. It'd be selfish to take that risk when she could prepare for it on the off chance that maybe the artifact could alter her like it did before without killing her.

wouldnt call it selfish... id call it too huge of a risk

No, others could hear it as well.

If you recall from the convo he had with Dr. Hanson after the 2nd artifact piece, he told her that some of the crew claimed the artifact fragments were seeing visions and hearing strange voices in the dark, so they thought the artifact is haunted.

It's likely that the artifact wasn't designed to do anything to terrans, but that doesn't mean it would have no effect on them at all.

oh yeah forgot about that, been a while since i saw that scene. my bad

It's ok, I had to look it up on the SC wikia too.

All I'm saying is it affects more than just Raynor, which is proof the artifact can affect ALL terrans.

I'm pretty sure she wants Amon dead and the universe safe more then she wants to down grade back to a human body. Given that the Xel'naga made that artifact it seems reasonable they would use something like it against her again. It'd be selfish to take that risk when she could prepare for it on the off chance that maybe the artifact could alter her like it did before without killing her.

I think she'd risk it. Think about it: in WoL when Valerian offered Raynor the alliance for the Char invasion, Raynor knew all along the artifact deinfesting Kerrigan was only a THEORY, there's no proof of what it'd do IN PRACTICE.

I think she'd risk it. Think about it: in WoL when Valerian offered Raynor the alliance for the Char invasion, Raynor knew all along the artifact deinfesting Kerrigan was only a THEORY, there's no proof of what it'd do IN PRACTICE.

I suspect Raynor saw a way to end his own personal nightmare in the artifact. It would either deinfest her and he'd have her back, or it would kill her and he could move on.

In any case, yeah, I think she'd risk a lot to be able to come back to Raynor and she may go through with it before it's over with.

Remember what Zeratul said about the prophecy: "I know only that she must live." We all just assume that means only she has the power to stop the fallen one. What if it's not that simple? What if the fallen one can't be stopped by Zerg and Protoss forces alone? Remember what the artifact does to each...it's pretty much a Zerg or Protoss Go Away device.

If Kerrigan hadn't lived, their might be no reason for the Terrans to intervene. But since she does live, Raynor has every reason to intervene. Cue the Big Damn Heroes moment for humanity.

In that scenario it doesn't matter if Kerrigan's still the Primal Queen or not.

I suspect Raynor saw a way to end his own personal nightmare in the artifact. It would either deinfest her and he'd have her back, or it would kill her and he could move on.

In any case, yeah, I think she'd risk a lot to be able to come back to Raynor and she may go through with it before it's over with.

Remember what Zeratul said about the prophecy: "I know only that she must live." We all just assume that means only she has the power to stop the fallen one. What if it's not that simple? What if the fallen one can't be stopped by Zerg and Protoss forces alone? Remember what the artifact does to each...it's pretty much a Zerg or Protoss Go Away device.

If Kerrigan hadn't lived, their might be no reason for the Terrans to intervene. But since she does live, Raynor has every reason to intervene. Cue the Big Damn Heroes moment for humanity.

That's just it. As of this moment, we don't even know if Zeratul was aware that Amon had been revived or not.

@ragnarok conceded that yeah they do take big risks for reach other, he went to char for her, she went to that ship for him.
@ eldestructo The Terrans would likely be dead first if kerrigann hadn't lived, but yeah i doubt that artifact is one of a kind, and amon probably has more tricks
That's just it. As of this moment, we don't even know if Zeratul was aware that Amon had been revived or not.

well he was kinda expecting it to happen, so its likely he knows that he is now or that he will very soon and i am inclined to believe the former
04/11/2013 07:30 PMPosted by MajorFoley

well he was kinda expecting it to happen, so its likely he knows that he is now or that he will very soon and i am inclined to believe the former

But it begs the Q just WHAT the Protoss would do. I don't see them giving a damn about Raynor's love for Kerrigan.

They'll probably just say his love for her made him blind to reason.
04/11/2013 08:19 PMPosted by ragnarok

But it begs the Q just WHAT the Protoss would do. I don't see them giving a damn about Raynor's love for Kerrigan.

Course they will and they'll probably believe that zeratul might be under her influence just like his matriarch and that raynor is love sick with kerrigan and it influences his judgement

I don't think Zeratul was ever aware that Amon was dead. The way Kerrigan phrased it when first talking about his influance made it seem like she was the only one close enough to it to actually feel anything off of him.

She says something along the lines of " I could feel something, but it was weak, like it was dead." Mean while, as far as i can recall, or that we have seen, all Zeratul is working from is a phrophacy and the Tassadar's spoiler of the end of the Protoss staring a very alive Amon (or what we are assuming is Amon).

I think as far as Zeratul knows, Amon is just out biding his time, while things like Duran work for him, as they can blend and manipulate better.

Course they will and they'll probably believe that zeratul might be under her influence just like his matriarch and that raynor is love sick with kerrigan and it influences his judgement

Yeah hopefully they'll learn to see otherwise by LotV, depending on what Amon's next step is.
Mean while, as far as i can recall, or that we have seen, all Zeratul is working from is a phrophacy and the Tassadar's spoiler of the end of the Protoss staring a very alive Amon (or what we are assuming is Amon).

That we know. At this point, it seems he's the only one who knows the prophecy's full picture.

I think you might be on to something. When Zeratul and Kerrigan first met on Char (StarCraft 1 Zerg campaign and StarCraft: Queen of Blades), he told her, the newly emerged Queen of Blades: "Your coming has been foretold. You are a part of the culmination. But not the end of it. You shall show the way, the path that must be taken, the realigning of truths no longer valid. Yours is not the hand, but your very existence provides necessary instruction." Sounds like she will be important to achieving the end, but she will not be the one to destroy Amon. If so, I wonder why it was important for Zerus to "re-make" her?
Sounds like she will be important to achieving the end, but she will not be the one to destroy Amon. If so, I wonder why it was important for Zerus to "re-make" her?

Hard to say, LotV info will have the Protoss doing their part in killing Amon...
I think you might be on to something. When Zeratul and Kerrigan first met on Char (StarCraft 1 Zerg campaign and StarCraft: Queen of Blades), he told her, the newly emerged Queen of Blades: "Your coming has been foretold. You are a part of the culmination. But not the end of it. You shall show the way, the path that must be taken, the realigning of truths no longer valid. Yours is not the hand, but your very existence provides necessary instruction." Sounds like she will be important to achieving the end, but she will not be the one to destroy Amon. If so, I wonder why it was important for Zerus to "re-make" her?

She needed to become primal so she could fight against Amon's control. The primal zerg left behind on Zerus were like a drug-resistant disease, they were the ones who could fight the overmind's control, and they became the ancestors and essence sources for all primals to follow. Kerrigan is the vector to get that resistance into the swarm, to keep Amon from getting his most potent weapon unopposed.

The thing about the prophecy that I find most telling is a minor detail. The terrans aren't there because the zerg ate them. So what if Kerrigan's real role is sparing the terrans so they'll be available for the final battle. They're the outside factor, the thing Amon didn't see coming. Betcha that despite all the importance hitched to Sarah, it'll come down to the terrans.
04/12/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Bluetooth

She needed to become primal so she could fight against Amon's control. The primal zerg left behind on Zerus were like a drug-resistant disease, they were the ones who could fight the overmind's control, and they became the ancestors and essence sources for all primals to follow. Kerrigan is the vector to get that resistance into the swarm, to keep Amon from getting his most potent weapon unopposed.

The thing about the prophecy that I find most telling is a minor detail. The terrans aren't there because the zerg ate them. So what if Kerrigan's real role is sparing the terrans so they'll be available for the final battle. They're the outside factor, the thing Amon didn't see coming. Betcha that despite all the importance hitched to Sarah, it'll come down to the terrans.

The problem here was the Primal Zerg weren't exactly DISCARDED by Amon, he just overlooked them. Remember what Zurvan said: while MOST of the Zerg were corrupted into becoming Amon's tool, a few were hidden away and remained pure. They then evolved to become the primal Zerg because they retained their free will and individuality, rather than becoming part of the hive mind like the rest of the swarm.

As for the terran factor, it really depends on what they can do, and what Amon sees of them. If Amon is arrogant, he may consider the terran race as negligible because they don't have the evolution of the Zerg or the high end tech of the Protoss, so therefore they can't do anything.

If that's how he sees it, then it'll probably backfire on him.
Ummm, im not sure if i saw the cinematic correctly but in the battle with kerrigan and narud in the big xelnaga temple there were like a zillion xelnaga artifacts hanging down from the ceiling like chandeliers... ahem
propbably enough to deinfest her a zillion times
Ummm, im not sure if i saw the cinematic correctly but in the battle with kerrigan and narud in the big xelnaga temple there were like a zillion xelnaga artifacts hanging down from the ceiling like chandeliers... ahem

Similar architecture doesn't mean the same function. Assuming that they're the same as the artifact used to absorb the power from Kerrigan before is a big leap.
You folks got to realise that being the Primal Queen is more than just being able to stop Amon or being a Zerg for Kerrigan right now. It's her place - her career, if you will - and we can hardly expect her to throw the one position where she has serious responsibilities and duties away for love. Yes, yes - we'd all like to see love triumph in the end. But this is something that must happen through a struggle, through serious development, and be given a lot of reasoning to. Negatives and positives of both situations must be considered. If Kerrigan were to simply chose Jim over the Swarm because she felt like it, this whole story would turn into a chick flick.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]