StarCraft® II

The True Purpose of the Xel'naga Artifact

I got the achievement ... but WTF didn't understand or hear anything about it in the game.

(Spoilers)

Was it to resurrect Amon? After using it against the queen of blades at the end of wings of liberty, apparently there were enough hybrids around to collect the energy to resurrect him.

Is this correct? someone please help me out.
Edited by Dustymang on 3/13/2013 8:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The old QoB's power was absorbed by the Artifact and sent to Amon to resurrect him.
Reply Quote
That is what it seems to suggest but if that is true I'm not sure why killing Kerrigan would have doomed the universe unless in the Overmind's vision the artifact was still used and the showdown with Tychus is what changed, though honestly even without the prophesy I don't see Raynor being able to kill her.

Unless of course in the other timeline Raynor sought out the protoss for aid in the invasion and they killed her before the artifact went critical.
Edited by Anvos on 3/13/2013 8:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Anvos
I'm not sure why killing Kerrigan would have doomed the universe

Because a resurrected Amon still needs an army. And the zerg/hybrid was his army in zeratul's vision. Now he only has the hybirds and that shouldn't be enough to be a game ender right of the bat.
Reply Quote

Because a resurrected Amon still needs an army. And the zerg/hybrid was his army in zeratul's vision. Now he only has the hybirds and that shouldn't be enough to be a game ender right of the bat.

But if her QoB's essence was used to revive him if she was killed without using the artifact or before the artifact went critical Amon wouldn't have had the energy to return and since he thought he wiped out the original zerg Duran wouldn't know to look for the Old One as an alternate energy source.
Edited by Anvos on 3/13/2013 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 08:41 PMPosted by Anvos
she was killed without using the artifact

That was never possible. Only way she could die was after she was deinfested and Mengsek (via tychus via narud) was on top of that.
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 08:45 PMPosted by DaveRoid
she was killed without using the artifact

That was never possible. Only way she could die was after she was deinfested and Mengsek (via tychus via narud) was on top of that.

One would assume that like a cerebrate if she was killed by a Dark Templar it would stop the return.
Reply Quote

One would assume that like a cerebrate if she was killed by a Dark Templar it would stop the return.

You guys need to read.. she never really "died". She deep burrowed and went back to her cocoon. They only tell you this ever so bluntly in 5 missions in HotS.

Last time I checked humans aren't Dark Templar and the energy of the Dark Templar cut off a similar revival effect for the cerebrates so it isn't much of a leap to believe the same would apply to her.

As for your edit that wouldn't work as long as their was still a hive cluster containing her zerg code. Also from what we can see destroying a single Leviathan is supposed to take a whole fleet of ships.
Edited by Anvos on 3/13/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thing is Warfield's line if you die in the final char mission to free the planet seems to imply she is actually killed and respawns from the zerg code, a lot like the brood mother you fight on char.
Edited by Anvos on 3/13/2013 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 08:39 PMPosted by DaveRoid

Ironically it makes me wonder just how big the hybrid army really is.

And the hybrids themselves still proved a match for Kerrigan even in her primal form.
Reply Quote

And the hybrids themselves still proved a match for Kerrigan even in her primal form.

Yes but the Swarm is numberless.

There's no such thing as a limitless army. Besides, Kerrigan made that mistake in the last WoL mission and got blasted by the artifact.
Reply Quote

There's no such thing as a limitless army. Besides, Kerrigan made that mistake in the last WoL mission and got blasted by the artifact.

She was arrogant and over-confident because of her Psy-level 13.

With a truly regenerating army of masses, it would be quite easy for a leader of vision to rule the galaxy.

But she doesn't want that anymore. Hell, at this point, the only reason why she's still leading the swarm is to deal with Amon. If in LotV, we defeat him and Kerrigan is still alive, what do you think happens then?
Reply Quote
03/13/2013 10:01 PMPosted by ragnarok

Ah but now she has absorbed Narud/Duran as well as a number of Hybrids. Do you think they would still be a match for her now?
Reply Quote

Ah but now she has absorbed Narud/Duran as well as a number of Hybrids. Do you think they would still be a match for her now?

Hold on, I thought in that mission she only KILLED the hybrids and Duran. Where did it say she absorbed them?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]