StarCraft® II

An Internal error has occured

After i downloaded Heart of the Swarm, game ran fine with good graphics and no crashes. Apon exiting and coming back to it the next day, The message "An internal error has occured, please restart. If problems persist please contact customer service." I fully uninstalled both games and re-downloaded and played last night fine. The same message came up again today.

Rather then downloading Heart of the Swarm again to force the app to open, as i did with Diablo III (cause i was having the same message and problem but I thought that was from the Digital Purchase from Battle.net) I actually went to customer service lol.

Please resolve this issue soon cause Starcraft II is one of my favorite games and i'd like the kill Mengsk as soon as possible and avenge Jim Raynor.

Always,
Fridley
Reply Quote
but I'm playing Starcraft till then :D

guess not, but i'd buy a re-release
Edited by Fridley on 3/14/2013 10:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Getting the same message. Was really getting into the campaign too. Would also appreciate help.
Reply Quote
Same here. Played a bit, closed, icon was gone, found it, got this error when clicking on it, ran install and it worked again. Then quit again, couldn't start it again.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is the StarCraft II.app staying in the StarCraft II game folder?
Reply Quote
It seems that once you close the game, this error appears to me. Its like you can only play it once. Blizzard please help.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you verify the contents of your StarCraft II folder?

Type this in Terminal:
ls /Applications/StarCraft\ II > ~/Desktop/SC2.txt
Then open the SC2.txt file on the Desktop and copy/paste the information here.
Reply Quote
I found a way to fix this problem. This worked for me, I don't know if it will work for everyone. what I had done is move the "folder" or "launcher" (whatever its called) labeled "StarCraft II" i moved it to my homescreen after I already opened SCII. I moved it back to the "StarCraft II" folder in program filed (x86). after this, the game instantly worked.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You'll want to post that in the Windows forums. For Mac, it seems to be happening due to the StarCraft II.app file not being in the directory.
Reply Quote
This should work ...

Right click sc2 icon go to properties > compatibility tab > tick the "Run in compatibility mode" for windows 7 > apply

glgl hf ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply Quote
Can you verify the contents of your StarCraft II folder?

Type this in Terminal:
ls /Applications/StarCraft\ II > ~/Desktop/SC2.txt
Then open the SC2.txt file on the Desktop and copy/paste the information here.

Battle.net
Campaigns
Launcher.db
Logs
Mods
SetupOSX.mpq
StarCraft II Editor.app
StarCraft II.app
StarCraft II.mfil
StarCraft II.tfil
Support
Updates
Versions
Edited by bbalx on 8/9/2014 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi all, i experienced the same problem, found the solution!

see this
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/internal-error

There is probably files missing in the folder, goto
https://us.battle.net/account/management/download/
And download the battle.net client, then it should be able to run!

Cheers...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]