StarCraft® II

Strategic use of the destructible safety rock

So I had a tvz on akilon opened reaper expand into reactor mine mmm. I hit his third and closed the rocks behind me preventing a surround and flank. Then I mined the ramp between his nat and 3rd and took a brief nap and woke up to a huge green goo splatter and lots of dead lings and an insta gg from him. Thought it was pretty good use of the rocks.

Is anyone using them defensively or offensively?
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 12:37 PMPosted by RaiDerRyaN
closed the rocks behind me

*gasp*
Is this a new mechanic I haven't seen yet?! O.o
Reply Quote
yah the rocks at some thirds when destroyed will block the entire entrance to the third.
Reply Quote
They also kill units in the path they fall in, so you can hit them until they have just a few HP and then crush part of the opponents (or your own) army when they try to move through the choke. I think there should be an achievement for killing units with rocks.
Reply Quote
They also kill units in the path they fall in, so you can hit them until they have just a few HP and then crush part of the opponents (or your own) army when they try to move through the choke. I think there should be an achievement for killing units with rocks.

Like "Meatpounder" to go with the Meatgrinder achievement!
Reply Quote

really did not know this i will have to do this next time defensive :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]