StarCraft® II

Will there be a happy ending in LotV?

I'm personally a fan of cheesy stories but after the sad ending in Mass Effect 3, I really want to see a "happily ever after" ending. Like seriously, when does anyone get to see a game with a happily ever after ending. Also Raynor has gone through too much to get Kerrigan back, so it seems a little cruel for Blizzard to kill Kerrigan.
Reply Quote
i feel the same way, a nice happy ending would be refreshing. but i dot think it will happen
Reply Quote
Agree luotian. The "sacrificial" ending where main characters die for the good of everyone else is so ridiculously overdone, and does not provide the player / viewer with a feel good ending in my opinion. Really hope Blizzard follows your recommendation.
Reply Quote
Now, the sacrificial ending actually had become the cheesy one. At first, it was like a great plot twist but then people really just overdone it. It has been used to much. In which mature game have we ever seen a happy ending in? Everyone can infer that Blizzard most likely will add the sacrificial ending because it is used in almost every game with a great campaign play through, e.g. Mass Effect 3. So it would be nice to have a happy ending for a change.
Secondly, Jim has sacrificed so much for Kerrigan. In WoL, his motivation to continue fighting was the fact that he may be able to find her and turn her good. No one can replace Kerrigan in his life. He spent the entire WoL campaign finding her and fighting the Zerg. At the end of WoL, he finally could her and turned her. Kerrigan, on the other hand, has done the same thing to Raynor in HoTS; she vowed to avenge Raynor's "death" and immediately rescued Raynor when she knew about the prison ship. At the end of HoTS, she and Raynor accept each other. Clearly, they are inseparable. It would also be a %%#@@*%! move to separate Raynor and Kerrigan. Raynor has lost too much things for her and losing her just seem a bit unfair to him.
To those people who "like" the typical cheesy dark ending, I bet that afterwards, in side yourself, you feel regrets about the ending. You would think to yourself, wouldn't it have been better if Kerrigan and Raynor had a happy ending? Society make it seem like the dark ending would make for a better ending, but to be honest, everyone would like to see the happy ending; as humans, we like the "and they lived happily ever after" ending because it satisfies us. The people who "enjoy" the dark and sacrificial ending are actually just scared that people will judge if they like the "cheesy" ending but it is actually human nature to have a satisfying ending.
To Blizzard, if you already made the storyline, please change it because you probably haven't even worked on that part of the campaign yet, so it won't hurt to change it. Whatever you do, I will still buy LotV. Thanks for such a great game.
About the concern on Kerrigan being as good bedmate, I think that she will turn back to human because she knows that Jim likes her more when she's a ghost. After the death of Amon, she will have no purpose to be the Queen of Blades anymore so it seems fitting for her to turn back. And when she's turned back, it would seem that she would still not be a good bedmate but Jim wouldn't really care because he loves her and that's about it.
I hope that you, Blizzard will take my suggestions and make SC one of the few stories that have a happy ending.
Another thing, I would like to see a sneek peek to Nova being released like the cutscene released for Heart of the Swarm.
Reply Quote
You know what would be awesome?
When/if Amon dies, A giant explosion happens and Kerrigan is caught in it. But the explosion is so powerful that it cleansed her from any zerg/Primal zerg infestation.
That.
Would.
Be.
EPIC.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan gains shape shifting powers (like those of Narud) after absorbing some hybrid essence and... let's just say that she and Raynor live happily ever after and have lot of fun. ;)

There... my version of happy ending.
Edited by Alex on 3/16/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Kerrigan gains shape shifting powers (like those of Narud) after absorbing some hybrid essence and... well let's just say that she and Raynor have lot of fun.

No, Kerrigan transfers some of her immortality powers to Raynor, allowing them to be together for all eternity.
Reply Quote
When/if Amon dies, A giant explosion happens and Kerrigan is caught in it. But the explosion is so powerful that it cleansed her from any zerg/Primal zerg infestation.
That.
Would.
Be.
EPIC.

This is what I was thinking should happen as well.
Reply Quote
Kerrigan gains shape shifting powers (like those of Narud) after absorbing some hybrid essence and... well let's just say that she and Raynor have lot of fun.

No, Kerrigan transfers some of her immortality powers to Raynor, allowing them to be together for all eternity.

OK how about she gains shape shifting powers *and* has Abathur construct a new and improved (25 year old or so, looks human but much healthier in all ;) ways) body for Raynor whenever his current body gets too old.

Come to think of it, she could essentially keep the Dominion and, potentially, UED on her leash by providing similar service for influential people.
Edited by Alex on 3/16/2013 1:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

OK how about she gains shape shifting powers *and* has Abathur construct a new and improved (25 year old or so, looks human but much healthier in all ;) ways) body for Raynor whenever his current body gets too old.

Come to think of it, she could essentially keep the Dominion and, potentially, UED on her leash by providing similar service for influential people.

I'm not sure Raynor would like that.
Reply Quote

Which part? :) Jokes aside, Zerg are masters of biology as much as Protoss are masters of physics. It would be foolish to reject such an offer without learning all the facts first.
Edited by Alex on 3/16/2013 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That.
Would.
Be.
EPIC.

Sounds good to me.
Reply Quote

Which part? :)

Getting Raynor a new body and all that.
Reply Quote

Which part? :)

Why would he (realistically, after he learns all the details) mind? Why would one of the most powerful beings in the known universe would bother lying to him?

Besides, if you truly love someone, you would be willing to do something weird and/or uncomfortable for that person.
Edited by Alex on 3/16/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
After all we should not get too serious about the game, we've signed for the petition for a happy ending, if Blizzard writers already wrote all the plots for triology, we'll live with it. So is real life.
Bottom line, LotV is not out now.
Reply Quote
Well, if they finished the ending, they should change it
Reply Quote
Well, if they finished the ending, they should change it

Like they did for HotS's ending?
Reply Quote

Why would he (realistically, after he learns all the details) mind? Why would one of the most powerful beings in the known universe would bother lying to him?

Besides, if you truly love someone, you would be willing to do something weird and/or uncomfortable for that person.

Makes sense, but I'm unsure how far Raynor would go. Love may make a person go crazy, but I'm not sure Raynor would go THAT crazy...
Reply Quote
Despite most episodes ending on a bad note (except for BW Ep5, go earth woot!), I think LoTV will give us that Raynor & Kerrigan happy ending.

My prediction is that the protoss will hold Kerrigan's life in their hands at some point in LoTV, and Zeratul will sacrifice himself to prevent this, and thus prevent the prophecy from coming true. It's easy to poop on the protoss, nobody likes them anyway.
Reply Quote
Despite most episodes ending on a bad note (except for BW Ep5, go earth woot!), I think LoTV will give us that Raynor & Kerrigan happy ending.

My prediction is that the protoss will hold Kerrigan's life in their hands at some point in LoTV, and Zeratul will sacrifice himself to prevent this, and thus prevent the prophecy from coming true. It's easy to poop on the protoss, nobody likes them anyway.

I suggest you listen to "My Happy Ending" by Avril Lavigne. That will reflect what Raynor and Kerrigan's situation will be in LotV.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]