StarCraft® II

Will there be a happy ending in LotV?

Again I can't help but say, I don't understand why you want so badly for Kerrigan to go back to being human lol I mean, she has already been saved and turned into a human once! What are they gonna do, do it again? That's just as bad as the sacrificial ending thing to me, I mean really. It's not just gonna be like, hey Jim, killed Amon, get that artifact back up and running so we can shack up and screw like bunnies! I doubt they will go the sacrificial ending route though. As you have all said, it has been a little cliche of late to do so. But this is a game about war. There is not going to be a happy rainbow unicorns and butterflys ending. Cause those endings are not at all believable. It will be bittersweet. As any victory in war is!

Personally don't want a "immortal" Kerrigan or even a "slightly zerg" Kerrigan.

She and Raynor deserve an ending where she is turned back to completely Human, and they can finally find some rest after all this war.

Anything less is just cruel of Blizzard.

And seriously all this "OH HO MAIN CHARACTER DIES" stuff going on in other games is getting tiring. A happy ending doesn't end with the main character dying a horrible death so others can live.

Something like Zeratul dying while saving Kerrigan while she and Raynor blow up Amon would be awesome. But, that is because Zeratul is portrayed as a warrior who has nothing to lose except his people and friends. Dying for his people and friends would be acceptable because it would fit his character.

It wouldn't be: "Shepard, you have a great love interest and awesome friends whom you've forged the tightest bonds with to go back to. Now you die."

What, it's okay for Zeratul to die? Why? Why does Kerrigan deserve more than Zeratul? Because he has no love interest? That's just silly. There is more to life than being in love with someone, you know. Kerrigan is a warrior as well. And as a human, she was an Assassin. She's really no different than Zeratul. Oh, except for the fact that she's killed countless innocents, and as far as we know Zeratul has not. So tell me more about how she "deserves" a happy ending ;)
Edited by Tyler on 3/17/2013 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Again I can't help but say, I don't understand why you want so badly for Kerrigan to go back to being human lol I mean, she has already been saved and turned into a human once! What are they gonna do, do it again? That's just as bad as the sacrificial ending thing to me, I mean really. It's not just gonna be like, hey Jim, killed Amon, get that artifact back up and running so we can shack up and screw like bunnies! I doubt they will go the sacrificial ending route though. As you have all said, it has been a little cliche of late to do so. But this is a game about war. There is not going to be a happy rainbow unicorns and butterflys ending. Cause those endings are not at all believable. It will be bittersweet. As any victory in war is!

Personally don't want a "immortal" Kerrigan or even a "slightly zerg" Kerrigan.

She and Raynor deserve an ending where she is turned back to completely Human, and they can finally find some rest after all this war.

Anything less is just cruel of Blizzard.

And seriously all this "OH HO MAIN CHARACTER DIES" stuff going on in other games is getting tiring. A happy ending doesn't end with the main character dying a horrible death so others can live.

Something like Zeratul dying while saving Kerrigan while she and Raynor blow up Amon would be awesome. But, that is because Zeratul is portrayed as a warrior who has nothing to lose except his people and friends. Dying for his people and friends would be acceptable because it would fit his character.

It wouldn't be: "Shepard, you have a great love interest and awesome friends whom you've forged the tightest bonds with to go back to. Now you die."

What, it's okay for Zeratul to die? Why? Why does Kerrigan deserve more than Zeratul? Because he has no love interest? That's just silly. There is more to life than being in love with someone, you know. Kerrigan is a warrior as well. And as a human, she was an Assassin. She's really no different than Zeratul. Oh, except for the fact that she's killed countless innocents, and as far as we know Zeratul has not. So tell me more about how she "deserves" a happy ending ;)

Kerrigan is a fan fav
Reply Quote

Because Zeratul doesn't really WANT to live anymore. He feels he has to because he promised Raszagal he'd take care of their people... but he's kind of tired of life at this point. Zeratul dying would be tragic, but it would also be a relief.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Seluhir

Because Zeratul doesn't really WANT to live anymore. He feels he has to because he promised Raszagal he'd take care of their people... but he's kind of tired of life at this point. Zeratul dying would be tragic, but it would also be a relief.

That's something we'll all get to see by LotV and what roles he play. Admittedly, he feels he's just about finished his part for his people.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 01:32 PMPosted by ragnarok

That's something we'll all get to see by LotV and what roles he play. Admittedly, he feels he's just about finished his part for his people.

Yeah Zeratul really thinks that he won't live for much longer. It would be cool if he sacrafices to save Jim or Kerrigan from Amon
Reply Quote

Yeah Zeratul really thinks that he won't live for much longer. It would be cool if he sacrafices to save Jim or Kerrigan from Amon

Or Both. :D
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Seluhir

Lol what? Rationalizations.. Yes Kerrigan is a favorite. But she, above all others in the story, perhaps besides Arcturus Mengsk, "deserves" to die
Reply Quote

Or Both. :D

It would be the best if he saves both. It's like he sacrifices himself for future generations considering if Kerrigan is human or not so she can do it with Jim. ^^wink ^^wink
I would like to see a optional scene for 18+ showing that ^ like Farcry 3 but better
Cuz the one in Farcry 3 was pathetic
Reply Quote
We need to make a poll, Blizz must see our ideas
Reply Quote
We need to make a poll, Blizz must see our ideas

What makes you think Blizzard will even listen? The petition for a happy ending between Raynor and Kerrigan got locked, remember?
Reply Quote
What makes you think Blizzard will even listen? The petition for a happy ending between Raynor and Kerrigan got locked, remember?

That is because petitions are against the rules. Polls are not as far as I know.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 08:55 PMPosted by DaveRoid

That is because petitions are against the rules. Polls are not as far as I know.

Well either way, when Blizzard began working on the whole trilogy, they had the general idea, so that means they probably already have the LotV ending written.
Reply Quote
I think it'd be boss if during one of the last fights Raynor dies and its one of those all hope is lost mission endings (but not the ending of game)

And the twist !!!

Tassadar brings Jim back from the ether (wherever the hell Tassadar chills) and gives Jim his Psionic powers in order to defeat Amon, making him a human Protoss hybrid (like Kerrigan is a Terran-Zerg hybrid)
Reply Quote
Just as a quick reminder: any ending other than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD5KmLJ3pYc is technically a happy one.
Edited by brinebold on 3/17/2013 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
LOL Blizzard doesn't do sad. In a game called World of Warcraft the two opposing factions that are (allegedly) in perpetual war with each other constantly team up and fight together. In SC2 Raynor threatens to kill Kerrigan then saves her life....A LOT. He doesn't even mind the zerg in her hair. In Diablo.......well ok, Leah died so we're not 3/3. But most of the time, happy endings.
Reply Quote
LOL Blizzard doesn't do sad. In a game called World of Warcraft the two opposing factions that are (allegedly) in perpetual war with each other constantly team up and fight together. In SC2 Raynor threatens to kill Kerrigan then saves her life....A LOT. He doesn't even mind the zerg in her hair. In Diablo.......well ok, Leah died so we're not 3/3. But most of the time, happy endings.

Happy ending is just a POV. You don't know THEIR version of happy ending will match ours...
Reply Quote
I think it should be set up like "In Utter Darkness" like scenario and then do some kind of twist. I mean, I want to feel like the end of all things is happening. I want choices like "Save this planet or that one" and depending on what you save it affects what happens in the ending. Save a Dominion planet? They bring in reinforcements in the final battle. It would also be an interesting twist to be able to FAIL at it. Fail at saving that Dominion planet? Tough. It will be harder in the final push against Amon and his army.

Overall, I want an epic ending. Something that will bring it all together. Not all stories end happily. I feel as though there needs to be some loss to make us feel the impact. Perhaps to add to the hopeless feeling, maybe near the end Amon kills Kerrigan. I'm not convinced that she necessarily has to make the killing blow. But perhaps inspire the killing blow. If that makes sense.
Reply Quote
Well either way, when Blizzard began working on the whole trilogy, they had the general idea, so that means they probably already have the LotV ending written.

To me this reads "there's nothing we can do so just sit tight and prepare to be disappointed".

No, that is a losing attitude. It is not hard to fit a happy ending for Jim and Sarah. I drafted several while being bored in class today. Things change. If enough people express the desire for a certain type of ending, they will notice. Whether they act on it is another matter, but at least I know I did what I could.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Lwyn

To me this reads "there's nothing we can do so just sit tight and prepare to be disappointed".

No, that is a losing attitude. It is not hard to fit a happy ending for Jim and Sarah. I drafted several while being bored in class today. Things change. If enough people express the desire for a certain type of ending, they will notice. Whether they act on it is another matter, but at least I know I did what I could.

03/18/2013 08:56 AMPosted by Lwyn

That's why Blizzard needs to hear us!!!!!
Reply Quote
I want the redhead hottie from the first two missions back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]