StarCraft® II

People complaining about Terran op

Do zerg players realise they just told Terrans to l2p when we complained about infestors?
Reply Quote
but they are zerg and this is thier expansion so they must be op. They also love thier a move armies
Reply Quote
I just have to say you know you had a good game when a Protoss player accuses you of being OP :)

Marauder, Hellbat, Thor, it was a lovely combination that dealt with his zealots, stalkers, and Colossi. The greatest thing was that he dropped some zealots on my base while I was destroying his and I just made all my buildings take off :-D

Sorry, I had to share that story with someone! As for Zerg QQ, I guess you're talking about Widow Mines? I'm no pro but I fail to see what all the complaints are. With detection, they are pretty easy to take out, I don't see them as OP at all. I'm no pro though so I guess some Masters level Terran can wreck with them, but right now I mainly find them to be a fun, semi-useful unit but far from OP.
Reply Quote
Terrans are not OP. They just need to realize that Heart of the Swarm is a different game then Wings of Liberty. Zergs that complain are zerg who are just used to do nothing but Broodlord/corruptor/infestor. HotS is not about that.
Reply Quote
I love browsing the terran forums and how afraid of a nerf you all are.
You all realise how broken the changes for terran are but won't admit it because you get free ladder points.

Terran buffs:
Reapers don't need an upgrade anymore.
Reapers don't need a tech lab anymore.
Reapers have still the same costs.
Tanks don't need siege mode upgrade anymore.
Tanks still have the same costs.
Medivac speed doesn't need an upgrade.
Medivac still has the same costs.
Hellion stance switch so hellions get tougher to kill.
Widow mines are another containment unit.
Widow mines are the most cost efficient unit in the game. (stealth with super high splash damage while just having a cost of 75/25)
Thors 250mm cannon doesn't need an upgrade and gives thors an additional anti ground attack giving them basically 3 shots. (Though it takes away their anti air)

Zerg buffs:
Hydralisk move speed.
New unit the swarmhost.
New good caster unit the viper.
Ultras are finally good.
Slight muta buff. (I don't think they needed it and I don't think it helps much. Cuz either you lose them anyways or you hit and run succesfully)

Terran nerfs:
None that I would be aware of.

Zerg nerfs:
Infestor Fungal growth doesn't do bonus damage vs armored targets.
Infestor fungal growth is now a projectile and can be dodged.
Infestor's infested terrans don't get upgrades anymore.

Just saying....
Reply Quote

Terran buffs:
Reapers have still the same costs.
Tanks still have the same costs.
Medivac speed doesn't need an upgrade.
Medivac still has the same costs.

So it's a buff when a unit's cost stays the same from patch to patch? Man zerg take butthurt to a whole new level. Maybe if you cry enough you'll get blizzard to nerf early aggression into nonexistence so every game is a 40 minute turtle to t3 again.
Reply Quote
To be fair terran was op at the start of wings. They were op for a long time but that was fixed due to some people learning to play and some buffs/nerfs. Yes fungal was a cheap move but infestor broodlord wasn't unbeatable. It was close though. There were a number of huge timing pushes that terrans could do to stomp a zerg before hive was up. So the strategy got nerfed. Even though something can be beaten dosnt mean it isnt op. Now in hots terran are op again just not to the ridiculous extent wings had. So ya speed vacs and mines might be beatable but that dosnt mean that they arnt op. The idea of balance is to make sure that one strategy isnt superior to any other. If Speed vac drops prove to be superior to any other terran strat then it might very well get nerfed regardless of anyones opinion on it.

The fact that terran got very few new units means that Terran has much less of a learning curve. Zergs are still trying to figure out how to use hosts and vipers while dealing with all of the new terran attacks. So terran dose have an advantage in that sense. Whether terran is op or not is for blizzard to decide.

To think that all zergs are whinny winfestors is pretty asinine. I know its easy to group us all up but we arn't all the same. I hope you guys get to keep your speed vacs and mines because your going to need them lol.
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Sizzlor
To be fair terran was op at the start of wings. They were op for a long time but that was fixed due to some people learning to play and some buffs/nerfs.

And half the people crying about how Terran was OP didn't even play the game when they were. That's the thing that annoys the hell out of me. I remember when you could bunker before barracks, or even barracks before supply depot. All the stuff that made them OP has been gone for a long time.
Reply Quote
Remember when they said just play like MVP? Well now just play like Life. :)
Reply Quote
I'm switching to Terran. I'm not gonna even join the !@#$%-fest cuz nobody cares.
Reply Quote
I'm switching to Terran. I'm not gonna even join the !@#$%-fest cuz nobody cares.

Enjoy. I've personally found Terran to be harder to play well than Zerg.
Reply Quote
Do zerg players realise they just told Terrans to l2p when we complained about infestors?

These posts are dumb.

Terran starts OP

Zerg ends OP

...and now we get to HotS and some how both races manage to spin both of those completely arbitrary instances of the past in order to push their ulterior motive now.

Nobody cares what happened because anything anyone ever does is look at the past through rose tinted goggles. I don't care if protoss was OP for 10 years before HotS, I want HotS balanced and it has @%*@%*#! all to do with "who was OP last/first".

Childish.
Reply Quote
oh !@#$ it, I don't want to get sucked in
Edited by Hephaestus on 3/18/2013 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
These posts are dumb.
very true, I'm not goin back to these forums cuz its full of whiners, trolls and unhappiness. Nothing really gets solved here except links to play for noobs
Reply Quote
Nerf and buffs will be given as time goes on and they will make sense usually. I must say, I love widow mines a lot!
Edited by Hephaestus on 3/18/2013 7:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
go ahead, quote me and give your 2 cents. you know you want to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]