StarCraft® II

Zanon's PRP Bar (Part 21)

03/22/2013 10:28 PMPosted by ThaneKrios
burning hate for zerg RP's

There's this wonderful thing called compromise. I've seen some brilliant Zerg RPing.
It occurs to me that both of my long term portrait characters are dead. Warfield and Mengsk Senior.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YourHeadASplode

I'm going to go for the Brood Lord, but until then I'll get Abathur...

Two persons with same avatar confusing. Complexity bad. Use other.
"I could do a realistic Zerg. To tell the truth, Garblad was much closer to being realistic than Sahlk."
"I could do a realistic Zerg. To tell the truth, Garblad was much closer to being realistic than Sahlk."
I would probably be able to do a really good Zerg Queen...
XD
"Why? Because they are the mothers of Hives and birthers of larva?"
- Technical Support
so much change!
so much change!

You seem to be the only one who hasn't. KILL THE NONE BELIEVER!
No change. Bad. Constant change necessary for survival of Swarm.
"Yes, our brother we agree."
OOC: Hi Knarled, long time no see!
Edited by DarkZelot on 3/23/2013 9:42 AM PDT
Organsim DarkZelot. Active in Bar for noticeable period. Became inactive. Now active again. Am glad to see it.
"We were out in the stars, help collect essence and biomass for swarm, swarm changes, swarm grows, Abithur says 'hello'."
"BLOOD FOR THE GODDESS OF RAINBOWS! SKULLS FOR THE DECORATION OF HER SOFA! BLOOD SHALL FLOW THROUGH RIVERS TO HONOR THE PLAGUE GOD! PLEASURE SHALL CONSUME THE UNICORNS! KNOWLEDGE AND SORCERY OF THE NYMPHS SHALL BE COLLECTED AND ASSIMILATED INTO THE GRAND AWESOME CHAOS SPELL LIBRARY!" I start chanting this in a corner, a straight jacket being worn.
Rainbow goddess organism unsuccessful experiment. Drives creatures insane. Should render dwon for useful biomass.

Hypothesis: useful for driving enemies insane? Must experiment.
"Bar tender-creature we still require intoxicants, lest we consume another patron's spleen!"
Edited by DarkZelot on 3/23/2013 10:02 AM PDT
I probably should make the Fade RP as I said I would......

And sense when did we have such an infested bar?
Infested Bar, superior to ordinary Bar. Added catalyst to Terran intoxicants. More efficient.

*a guy drinks one beer and passes out drunk*

Catalyst, accelerates metabolization of alcoholic beverage. Intoxicated effect wears off more rapidly. Side effect, greater potency of intoxicants. Must inspect further.
Since HotS arrived ... and Fade would be nice to have again ... when CR returns I shall task him with the Marked ...
*Sees passed out bar patron* "We shall have eight of what the terran-creature has consumed, or the terran-creature, if it dies."
New storyline, good. Still causes problems. Templar RP on hold for now. Will improve for later use.

For now, three other ideas. Am attempting RP involving SC universe natives summoned to other world. Three possible premises, two based on works of Stephen R. Donaldson, one original.

Images RP, based on novel Mirror of Her Dreams, author S. R. Donaldson. World of Mordant contains magic users who summon beings using power held in world's curved mirrors.
In book, protagonist Terisa Morgan ordinary girl from "real world," summoned accidentally instead of warrior.
In RP, participants take place of Imagers or warriors summoned through Imagery.

Unbelievers RP, based on series Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, same author. World called Land by inhabitants threatened by ancient entity "Lord Foul the Despiser." Land inhabited by numerous bizzare creautres, unique essences.
In book, protagonist Thomas Covenant summoned by villain Drool Rockworm as temporary minion. Defects to "good" side, unwillingly. Covenant believes Land dream. Later summoned back to Land repeatedly by lawful mages, "Lords."
In RP, players summoned at behest of Warmark Hile Troy, or take role of Land creatures. Both? Possibility.

The Living RP, original concept. Faction "City of the Living" possesses artifact, captures wandering spirits, places in artificial bodies, resemble Terran skeleton. Many persons from many worlds become Living, are encouraged to forget past lives.
Evil enemy, Kaargan, seeks destruction of City.

Possible ideas put forward. Await feedback.

Additional note on Mordant's Need series: in the first book, the Mirror of Her Dreams, the warrior they were attempting to summon... well, if the book wasn't older than Starcraft I would say it was Jim Raynor, right down to the marine armor and commando rifle. They are literally attempting to summon an alien-fighter from a sci-fi world. Naturally they think his weapons are magic, being of a medieval tech level.
Edited by KnarledOne on 3/23/2013 11:11 AM PDT
New storyline, good. Still causes problems. Templar RP on hold for now. Will improve for later use.

For now, three other ideas. Am attempting RP involving SC universe natives summoned to other world. Three possible premises, two based on works of Stephen R. Donaldson, one original.

Images RP, based on novel Mirror of Her Dreams, author S. R. Donaldson. World of Mordant contains magic users who summon beings using power held in world's curved mirrors.
In book, protagonist Terisa Morgan ordinary girl from "real world," summoned accidentally instead of warrior.
In RP, participants take place of Imagers or warriors summoned through Imagery.

Unbelievers RP, based on series Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever, same author. World called Land by inhabitants threatened by ancient entity "Lord Foul the Despiser." Land inhabited by numerous bizzare creautres, unique essences.
In book, protagonist Thomas Covenant summoned by villain Drool Rockworm as temporary minion. Defects to "good" side, unwillingly. Covenant believes Land dream. Later summoned back to Land repeatedly by lawful mages, "Lords."
In RP, players summoned at behest of Warmark Hile Troy, or take role of Land creatures. Both? Possibility.

The Living RP, original concept. Faction "City of the Living" possesses artifact, captures wandering spirits, places in artificial bodies, resemble Terran skeleton. Many persons from many worlds become Living, are encouraged to forget past lives.
Evil enemy, Kaargan, seeks destruction of City.

Possible ideas put forward. Await feedback.

Additional note on Mordant's Need series: in the first book, the Mirror of Her Dreams, the warrior they were attempting to summon... well, if the book wasn't older than Starcraft I would say it was Jim Raynor, right down to the marine armor and commando rifle. They are literally attempting to summon an alien-fighter from a sci-fi world. Naturally they think his weapons are magic, being of a medieval tech level.
I like the first one, Images. Second requires further explanation of plot. Third has an interesting setting, but not sufficiently unique plot.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]