Campaign/Saves on different systems?

I'm currently running SC2 on my bootcamp partition, but all the streaming data is filling up the drive too fast and I'm literally about to run out of space.

***BTW - if anyone knows if there is a way to delete the previously completed missions' "streaming data," that would solve this whole problem. Please let me know!!!***

So anyway, my question is if I install SC2 on my Mac side, what do I need to do to transfer my saves/campaign status? Hopefully I don't have to just restart the entire campaign! I assume because I'm logged in that it's saving a lot of that info, at least achievements, to my account. Honestly, I wouldn't even mind if I lost the physical saves themselves - as they're all from previously completed missions. However, I would like to be able to start right into the same spot in the campaign I'm at now.

Do i need to do anything or is it all automatic?
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 08:33 PMPosted by Jeeves
if anyone knows if there is a way to delete the previously completed missions' "streaming data," that would solve this whole problem. Please let me know!!!***

Would that be the game's cache?

To your other question: Don't take my word for it, but I believe the most recent automatic save (checkpoints, victories) is synced to your account so you can use the Continue button. I would install on the Mac side and check that just to be sure, and if I'm right, it's all good. But the saves, replays, and all are under your account directory in the support folder. I don't know where it is on Windows, but on Mac it's under~/Library/Application Support/Blizzard/StarCraft II/Accounts/[buncha numbers]/[buncha hyphenated numbers]/
Hope this helps.
Edited by Frungi on 3/16/2013 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Well, after looking into all my options, I finally found a safe method that only takes about ~3 hrs total to expand the disk space on my windows partition, so I should be good. If it doesn't work, I guess I'll find out the exact answer to my question when I install this on my Mac side.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]