IronManSC's HOTS Map-Making Streaming

Upvote this thread if you feel that mapmaking needs to be publicized more!

Hey Guys, this is IronManSC from the ESV MapMaking Team

For those who are unfamiliar with my work, I created your ladder map, Ohana LE. I am here today to present to you... map making! I don't see any other mapmakers this type of thing, and there are already too many streams that are focused on playing, so I thought I would step up to the plate and do what I can to show people what we as mappers do behind closed doors on a regular basis because I love it and it's new, interesting and exciting!

Stream:
  • http://www.twitch.tv/esvision

Schedule:
  • April 8: 11:00am PST (Re-working Ohana)
  • April 9: 11:00am PST (Re-working Ohana)
  • April 10: 11:00am PST (LIVE ESV Khalis test games)
  • April 11: Day Off
  • April 12: 11:00am PST Re-working Ohana)

*All videos/vods will be in the video section of the stream
in case you've missed it or want to watch it again.

WHAT I DO:

If I have a competitive, 1v1 map to work on for future use, I will stream every day if the work asks for it. I will also apply commentary and Q&A with the chat, so now's the chance to ask mapping questions! If I have no map to work on, I will create samples, do tutorials, analyze other maps, or I won't stream at all until I announce another project.

HOW TO REACH ME:

I would prefer that this thread not be used for Q&A, as it it solely for the purpose of announcing projects and schedule changes if applicable. If you would like to speak with me personally, ask me any questions you may have, or if you would like to send me replays of test games on my maps, please use the following e-mail.

Ask IronMan: askironmansc@gmail.com

I am looking forward to opening the doors even more to the public and to show you guys the wonders of the editor when it comes to melee maps. See you folks soon! Good luck and have fun.

-IronManSC
ESV MapMaking Team
Edited by IronManSC on 4/9/2013 4:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
*reserved for vods

VODs are here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=285931#1
Edited by IronManSC on 4/22/2013 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Developer
I'll give you another bump because your maps are great and streaming the map making process is really cool. It helps the community a lot to share these techniques. Keep it up!
Edited by Tenarsis on 3/21/2013 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Oh Tenarsis, how I love you :D
Reply Quote
great maps ironman, i wanted to say i really liked your map khalis i played on earlier. blizz you should check it out, its a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
Thanks for watching, same time same place tomorrow!
Reply Quote
Love Ohana man! I really think map making is an highly underrated part of sc, good luck changing that!
Reply Quote
Love Ohana man! I really think map making is an highly underrated part of sc, good luck changing that!

My goal is that even though another map of mine may not succeed, I want to bring map-making to the community. I want Mapmaking to be talked about and explored more. The fact that Tenarsis takes notice makes me smile.
Reply Quote
I think Ohana is probably my favorite map on ladder currently. Thanks IronManSC!
Reply Quote
I think Ohana is probably my favorite map on ladder currently. Thanks IronManSC!

Summer's around the corner. It's time to play Ohanaaaa!
Reply Quote
Wow so many reported posts.
I played around with the editor today thanks to you and tenarsis. Learned a lot. Starcraft maps will never look the same again =]
Reply Quote
Do you have a youtube channel? i can't watch when your streaming but i would love to.
Reply Quote
Do you have a youtube channel? i can't watch when your streaming but i would love to.

http://www.twitch.tv/esvision

Scroll down on the page to 'videos' and you should find some of them still there.
Reply Quote
DAT reports ;)
Reply Quote
MicroJackson, you are 0-4 on Ohana. It's been weeks since you even touched the game as well. Ohana was not a terrible map, statistically. It's proven to be quite good for zerg in many, many cases and I'm sorry it was an unfortunate learning experience for you. I've realized I cannot please everyone, but don't dump on a map thread that is intended for streaming information.

TvZ: 315-329 (48.9%)
ZvP: 424-458 (48.1%)
PvT: 369-337 (52.3%)
Edited by IronManSC on 3/22/2013 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Tune in today, 3/22/13 @ 11:00am Pacific (3 hours from now) and watch me continue to work on the island map I made from scratch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]