The Zergling with the broken horn

(Locked)

They're just setting up for the final scene of LotV where Jim, Kerrigan and Zeratul are wiped out by Amon and at the apex of his victory, Tuskie the Zergling flies through the air and deals the final blow, saving the sector and the universe.

Actually it is not a bad idea to have it sacrifice itself distracting a bad guy long enough to let Kerrigan land a decisive blow.
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Broken-horned_zergling

it doesn't refer to him as Tuskie. aww.
it runs around the leviathan in some missions if you the main screen on for a bit.
Blizzard needs to give this wounded zergling an official name. He was somehow an enjoyable character =]
I want a pet Zergling. Straight up.
You're not the only one :D or like, 10 of them o-o following you everywhere and stuff xD (<.< but only if i could control them with the same psionic abilities that kerrigan and the other zerg leaders use.)
I feel like it was dropped from the story too soon.

What do you guys think?

Indeed. It comforted Kerrigan during her darkest hour. It was present when Warfield died and miraculously Kerrigan chose compassion over vengeance. It was there when Kerrigan confronted Zeratul and chose to face her fate rather then run from it and wallow in self pity and misery. One can't help but wonder if there is more to this humble creature than meets the eye. Could it be the chosen one the prophecy have foretold?

While I exaggerated a bit when I said the above, it definitely adds dimension to Kerrigan's character and I would like to see it in LoV.

I can't help but think it showed Kerrigan's human desire for companionship. Plus with the way she's always near by I believe that particular zerg has become something of a pet to Kerrigan. She may not even be allowing tusky into battle anymore.

Now as for your chosen one comment. Well yeah that's quite a stretch but perhaps tusky is more then your average zergling. All the other zerg stayed away from Kerrigan even the brood mother. Yet this one wounded zergling seems to decide to go to her on its own accord. That or perhaps it felt her need for a companion and responded to those desires? In any case I can't help but think tusky might be a bit smarter then most zerglings. Perhaps he could be used as a model to make other zerglings more cunning.
I got kind of attached to him and was glad when he showed up again in the scene with Zeratul. It felt like Kerrigan had a bit of a human side still left- she had a Zergling pet keeping her company/standing guard.

Was a little confused it didn't jump Zeratul in that fight, but it still made for a good 'aw' character. I hope he/she shows up again in LotV. :D

Well if you could dish out punishment like Kerrigan does in that seen would you risk your pet being lopped in half? As fearsome as zerglings may be compared to Kerrigan tusky's basically a lap dog.
I think he turned into a baneling.

Tuskie! NO!
=(
but only if i could control them with the same psionic abilities that kerrigan and the other zerg leaders use.

Yeah it would kind of suck to be viciously torn apart by my own pet. And then eaten.
In any case I can't help but think tusky might be a bit smarter then most zerglings. Perhaps he could be used as a model to make other zerglings more cunning.

We don't really know how smart zerglings in general are. Might be as intelligent as a chimpanzee.
I certainly felt he was a better character than Raynor.

Agreed.

Seriously though, I was expecting that zergling to be special. :/
A far more interesting character than Dahaka. At least the Zergling had personality :/
04/11/2013 10:55 PMPosted by DaveDroid
A far more interesting character than Dahaka.

He is seriously annoying. Kerrigan should have collected his damn essence after korhal.

Or force-feed him the essence of someone interesting. You like to change so you can survive? Change into someone I don't want to stab inna neck. Like, is Tychus's body lying around somewhere?
04/12/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Bluetooth

He is seriously annoying. Kerrigan should have collected his damn essence after korhal.

Or force-feed him the essence of someone interesting. You like to change so you can survive? Change into someone I don't want to stab inna neck. Like, is Tychus's body lying around somewhere?

That's... awesome.
They're just setting up for the final scene of LotV where Jim, Kerrigan and Zeratul are wiped out by Amon and at the apex of his victory, Tuskie the Zergling flies through the air and deals the final blow, saving the sector and the universe.

Wouldn't that make a lot of complaints from the people who don't know/like tuskie?

and not to mention the elimination of the main characters if the game...
Edited by Overlord on 4/12/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Blizzard needs to give this wounded zergling an official name. He was somehow an enjoyable character =]

Horny?
After choosing to go swarmlings Kerri kept the Zergling (who was tested as a raptorling) as a pet. Currently zergling 230,491,204,543 is chewing on leftover dead locusts from moved on swarm hosts outside Korhal. Overlord 783,560 is scheduled to pick him up in about an hour.
So, anyone plans to start "give Kerrigan's pet zergling a name" petition?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]