Happy Ending in LotV or not (POLL)

(Locked)

Yes.
There can be bad parts, but the ending should be a good part.
For example, at the end of WoL, the Zerg had been all but destoyed and Raynor had succeded, but billions had died and Tychus was killed.
Raynor and Kerrigan: yes. If not, we totally wasted all our time in WoL and HotS.
If it weren't for the fact that all of our missions in the games so far were in an effort to protect and/or save Raynor and Kerrigan, or kill the person who is specifically trying to kill Raynor and Kerrigan, then I wouldn't care about them, but that is what happened.
Edited by Engineer on 3/19/2013 7:27 PM PDT
If anyone thinks that Kerrigan is getting out of this alive, they are dreaming.
Happy ending +1 BUT...
Kerrigan sacrifices herself and Jim hooks up with Selendis, cause human chicks just dont do it for him anymore
Zeratul retires and becomes a high templar so he can just float around.

this
03/19/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Lwyn
I'm going to guess Kerrigan dies, Jim holds some position in the new Dominion, and the Protoss and Zerg keep fighting while the Terrans rebuild. Then the UED comes again and everyone dies. The end.

Curious definition of bittersweet you have there. Sounds more like scorch the franchise to me.

I was only half serious with that definition, also it's less of what I WANT and more of what I expect from the ending. Except the UED part.

I feel like they're setting up Kerrigan's death by constantly having Zagara take command of the swarm while Kerrigan's gone. Also if they want to maintain a status quo of a flimsy multiplayer justification they have to have some way the races would continue fighting with one another.

But I would like something like the SC1 ending, where the good guys win but it costs them dearly. I liked Brood War's ending but I can't see a scenario where Amon wins and the franchise continues.

But I would like something like the SC1 ending, where the good guys win but it costs them dearly. I liked Brood War's ending but I can't see a scenario where Amon wins and the franchise continues.

I would much rather that they give a full, well-rounded ending for LotV and leave the single-player campaign be. If Blizzard feels so inclined to do an MMORPG down the road, fine, but I do feel like this will be a good way of rounding out the story. Additionally, playing SC2 has been about playing from the perspective of the 'good guys' all around...in SC1 + BW, half of the campaigns (the Terran UED campaign and both Zerg campaigns) were arguably from the point of the 'bad guys'. To me, a solid, well-rounded ending that is mostly happy (if not fully so) would be a proper way to close out the single-player side of the game.

I mainly say this because of how butchered the D3 storyline was...would much rather prefer to leave what happens after battling Amon to the imagination of others. But given the investment the first 2 installments have given Raynor + Kerrigan, I'd be heavily disappointed (like ME3-level disappointed) about the ending if one of them kicks the bucket.
Raynor and Sarah retire to a ranch on Mar Sara and live happily ever after.

Zeratul dies a hero's death dedicated to the memory of Raszagal and goes on to have epic keggers with Tassadar in the Protoss afterlife.

Amon dies, but the races are still hostile to each other, and there's generally still a lot of nastiness in the universe.

hmm for some reason i like the sound of that, also implies sc3 lol
Guys, this thread does not need your opinions, just simply say if you would like to have a happy ending. Yes and No answers only plz.
Happy Ending: Kerrigan and Jim gets back together at the end of LotV

you wrote this poorly and ruins your poll.

I want everyone to have a happy ending but I do not want Kerrigan and Jim to have a happy ending together.

Actually I dont want Kerrigan to live at all but thats not important lol

ouch harsh, id consider that important especially if you want one of the lead characters to die lol, i think she should live mainly because everything has gone bad for her since she was a kid and shes never known peace

your thinking about the protoss im guessing and their desire for their revenge? i reckon that could be part of SC3 if they continued he franchise, kerrigan on the run
Yes for Jim and Sarah!
03/19/2013 08:34 PMPosted by MajorFoley

your thinking about the protoss im guessing and their desire for their revenge? i reckon that could be part of SC3 if they continued he franchise, kerrigan on the run

And the people of the Dominion. The only people who currently dont hate Kerrigan is Valarian, Jim, and Matt
Actually now that I think about it it will be super weird and out of place if kerrigan sacrifices herself rather than say zeratul. Its a protoss campaign and we will be getting close and personal with the protoss hero's and zeratul for the majority of it and at the end if kerrigan walks in and kills herself it just does not have the personal oomph that a zeratul death would have. She is removed from us by a 2-3 year span of time and unless she gets alot of face time in Lov her death would not be as emotionally charged as a protoss hero's death.

Anyone get what am saying? lol
Edited by DaveRoid on 3/20/2013 1:49 AM PDT
No. Double no. Hell no. Too many have died, especially at Kerrigan's hand, for them to saunter off into the sunset. If Kerrigan makes it out of LotV alive, I'll consider it a failure.
in all honesty i think she deserves a happy ending, i mean her life as been nothing but suffering and misery.

Actually now that I think about it it will be super weird and out of place if kerrigan sacrifices herself rather than say zeratul. Its a protoss campaign and we will be getting close and personal with the protoss hero's and zeratul for the majority of it and at the end if kerrigan walks in and kills herself it just does not have the personal oomph that a zeratul death would have. She is removed from us by a 2-3 year span of time and unless she gets alot of face time in Lov her death would not be as emotionally charged as a protoss hero's death.

Anyone get what am saying? lol

i honestly think zeratul or some protoss that knows him well will sacrifice themselves, he has already declared himself an outcast, exiling himself, just makes it more likely.
NO

it should be like this:

1. Jim Raynor shoots the tube and dies in a fire

2. Sarah Kerrigan controls the Swarm alongside Amon the Harbinger

3. Zeratul throws himself into the beam and~

~why does this sound so familiar? ;)
Yes.

Sarah and Jim on the ranch with Tychus and Fenix smiling back at them from the smoke coming out of Jim's cigarettes.
03/19/2013 10:12 PMPosted by Galdos

And the people of the Dominion. The only people who currently dont hate Kerrigan is Valarian, Jim, and Matt

So, just because the Riaders and the prince of the Dominion are the only ones that don't hate Kerrigan, she has to die?
The only ones in WoL that didn't hate Raynor were the Raiders and some Protoss (and Prince Valerian wanted to use him as a tool, but we didn't know that until we played through the campaign).
She nor Raynor better not die!
I feel like they're setting up Kerrigan's death by constantly having Zagara take command of the swarm while Kerrigan's gone.

They are certainly setting up a power transfer within the Swarm. Whether Kerrigan has to die for it to happen we don't know but I certainly hope not.

EDIT: oh, and yes to the poll, or whatever this is.
Edited by Lwyn on 3/20/2013 10:47 AM PDT
03/20/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Lwyn
I feel like they're setting up Kerrigan's death by constantly having Zagara take command of the swarm while Kerrigan's gone.

They are certainly setting up a power transfer within the Swarm. Whether Kerrigan has to die for it to happen we don't know but I certainly hope not.

EDIT: oh, and yes to the poll, or whatever this is.

Kerrigan making the queens more powerful is one thing that I don't like about her. If she dies or leaves the Swarm, the Swarm has no right to be powerful because they would have very little moral sense or good purpose yet be able to slaughter billions. I thought the Hybrid were able to @@@*###@ Zerg anyway, so they'd be useless in this coming war. Back in WoL, the final Protoss mission showed the Hybrids instantly wiping out all the Zerg around them.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]