StarCraft® II

Disk not installing SC2 HOTS?

Hey all,

Just did the 6gb update for wings of liberty but my HOTS collectors edition disk still wont install? I put it in again now and its doing the last 200mb that it did do last time with teh 6gb update but it just wanted to do this bit again and isnt installing the disk?

I have registered my code with battle net but I cant work out why my disk wont install SC2 HOTS when i pressed play the first time it wanted me to purchase HOTS online and download it! The disk just isnt allowing me to install the game.

I was in the beta but i uninstalled that before even doing this one.

Any ideas what i can do to fix it?

Thanks
Edited by Zergling on 3/12/2013 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
dont think its installed as its a 15gb instal and it hasn't done that yet am trying to install for the third time :( Really getting kinda annoying didnt have this problem with wings of liberty.

If any blizzard employee can help fix this or check up on things it would be appreciated. I also dont think this has happened cause i dont have my collectors edition portraits etc either.

Thanks

p.s. 3rd install via disk didn't work

p.p.s. looks like it is installed i just havnt gotten my collectors edition portraits etc
Edited by Zergling on 3/12/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I put the disk in, it basically forced me to download the lot.

Between WOL BETA and now HOTS my internet cap will be up soon.
Reply Quote
damn thats a bummer! yes i was doing a 6gb update then it made me finish the 3gb that was left.

Now it keeps getting these 222mb updates and hasn't given me my collectors edition portraits and i don't even know that i can play the game cause it seems others that havent gotten there portraits cant play :( So am hoping blizzard can fix it up soon

I put the disk in, it basically forced me to download the lot.

Between WOL BETA and now HOTS my internet cap will be up soon.
Reply Quote
Hey all,

Just did the 6gb update for wings of liberty but my HOTS collectors edition disk still wont install? I put it in again now and its doing the last 200mb that it did do last time with teh 6gb update but it just wanted to do this bit again and isnt installing the disk?

I have registered my code with battle net but I cant work out why my disk wont install SC2 HOTS when i pressed play the first time it wanted me to purchase HOTS online and download it! The disk just isnt allowing me to install the game.

I was in the beta but i uninstalled that before even doing this one.

Any ideas what i can do to fix it?

Thanks

Read this :) https://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/9064004/

As far as I am aware (I haven't installed it myself yet due to my laptop being fixed) you enter your CD key and then optimize the files of WOL and it will download any patches etc that you need for HOTS :)

Hope I helped :D
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
The HotS disc went gold before the HotS patch came out, so all new installs need to download the 6 gig patch(which really sucks for us people with quota).

As for it asking you to upgrade that's just the client suggesting it on install, once you log into the game as long as you have put your key into the website and the website shows your SC2 account as HotS you can play it.

The WoL and HotS clients are the same, if you have been playing WoL before HotS came out then you don't need to install anything.
There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Old English'
Reply Quote
I cannot Download SC2. I tried a bunch of things, i even uninstalled and deleted every SC2 and when i try to download it, it gets stuck at the set up and the update launcher bar wont go anywhere. what do I do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]