You choose to watch the leaked ending.

So because you, entirely out of your own free will, decided to ruin the ending for yourself, blizz should change it for you? What about all the people who decided not to ruin the ending for themselves. Or the people who never even knew the ending was leaked. Durring the years that passed between that leak and now, I asked lots of people about the leaked ending, I never met one other person (out of about 50 or so who were going to get HotS) who even knew it existed. Most people don't actively try to ruin the game for themselves.

So because you viewed an illegal leak, and didn't respect blizzards writing staff, the writing staff should show some respect and put in extra work for you? Shut up and get over it. Just like you choose to spit in their face, they choose to spit in yours. Except all they had to do, was completely ignore you.

BTW, I did view the leaked ending. No I'm not upset that they didn't change it for my benefit.
Reply Quote
actually, i saw the leaked ending on youtube and i thought it was a joke, but now i realize it is actually the ending, but i never knew that was the ending until now, so i guess its not ruined, i mean you still watch the ending either ways,so it doesn't really matter
Reply Quote
People are just way too critical when it comes to Blizzard.

They say WoL and/or HoTS is crap, then list off a number of games/shows/movies that are worse.

I quite like the story, there's some cheese, to be sure, the ending was pretty cheesy, but still had the feels. But it honestly isn't bad, especially when you compare it to most games that come out nowadays.

Also, I don't get the whole retconning complaints. SC1 and BW were really convoluted and poorly explained. All you have to go off of is what's in the manual(which few people actually read.), and the extremely short campaigns, that have poor characterization and are horrible at explaining exactly how long these events took. It more just explaining unexplained things. There's some retcons, to be sure, but they honestly aren't that big, it really isn't that huge of a deal.
Reply Quote
HOTS storyline makes the Cataclysm storyline look like it was written by George Orwell.

When i first saw the leaked ending, I thought an amateur animator was pulling a prank on everybody.
Reply Quote
Truthfully, as bad as the leaked ending was, the dialogue was better and the ghost-control device made so much more sense than using the Xel-naga Artifact(wasn't that suppose to strip all her powers?). Not to mention that the ending was alot more adventurous on the leaked storyboard rather than the hunt for Amon we have currently.

Question is why did you choose to change that ending for the worse Blizzard?
Edited by Ego on 3/13/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally, I thought the ending was neat.

Truthfully, as bad as the leaked ending was, the dialogue was better and the ghost-control device made so much more sense than using the Xel-naga Artifact(wasn't that suppose to strip all her powers?). Not to mention that the ending was alot more adventurous on the leaked storyboard rather than the hunt for Amon we have currently.

Question is why did you choose to change that ending for the worse Blizzard?
Actually, the new version makes perfect sense to me. Because of one thing... Kerrigan has been infested and altered on a genetic level, several times now, and no one noticed the device meant to kill her in her head? Abathur would've freaked the hell out if he saw it, providing absolutely no benefits to the Queen of Blade while she was being spun.

So one of my issues with the current ending is that Mengsk's dialogue is the same as the leaked ending. When it was "killing Kerrigan with a device implanted in her long ago," "You'd think I'd keep an animal like you close to me without some kind of insurance policy?" made sense. Now I feel it'd be more sensible as "You'd think I'd let an animal like you close to me without some kind of insurance policy?"

And the Xel'Naga is an artifact that probably has several uses for it, such as destroying huge swaths of Zerg. Valerian and Jim used it to cure Kerrigan. Arcturus decided to use it to kill her. It might not even be able to cure her now.

Also, Blizzard made this ending better if anything. Kerrigan going on about how the Swarm serves no one, how she'll help them find their place? Cutting that out, having Kerrigan thanking Jim, and flying off into the sunset was simply better.

Cataclysm storyline makes the HOTS storyline look like it was written by George Orwell.
Fixed.
Reply Quote
The leaked ending had Chris Metzen's voice in it, of course it was real! But, yes I watched it, and I took the gamble. If anything I wasn't mad at Blizzard at all, I was mad at the myself and dude that leaked it.
Reply Quote
This is the problem when info on something is leaked. People become so biased against it, no matter how good or bad it is.
Reply Quote
I had no problem with the leaked previs. In fact, it made me even more excited for HotS.

The only thing I miss is "Arrival on Earth" kicking in just as Raynor grabs Mengsk's face. I understand Blizzard couldn't have kept it, but still... it fitted the action so well, it was awesome.

Such a shame that track was made for Michael Bay's godawful Transformers movie...
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 3/17/2013 5:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the leaked ending had kerrigan setting the zerg free and they flew off into the sunset to live happily ever after.

the real ending didn't.

thank goodness.
Reply Quote
So because you, entirely out of your own free will, decided to ruin the ending for yourself, blizz should change it for you? What about all the people who decided not to ruin the ending for themselves. Or the people who never even knew the ending was leaked. Durring the years that passed between that leak and now, I asked lots of people about the leaked ending, I never met one other person (out of about 50 or so who were going to get HotS) who even knew it existed. Most people don't actively try to ruin the game for themselves.

So because you viewed an illegal leak, and didn't respect blizzards writing staff, the writing staff should show some respect and put in extra work for you? Shut up and get over it. Just like you choose to spit in their face, they choose to spit in yours. Except all they had to do, was completely ignore you.

BTW, I did view the leaked ending. No I'm not upset that they didn't change it for my benefit.

the point is the ending sucked, 2 years ago people said it sucked, and they didnt make a better one.
Reply Quote
You know, the leaked ending really did pump me up to play HotS...

I thought it was a fake, but either way... It let me ponder a bit on what could happen. I'm glad there are no Kerrigan Clones... I'm glad the Zerg are fighting Amon instead of just... finding their way "Among the stars."

Both endings would have been cool, but I like the cannon version better than the leaked content... Especially since I didn't see that damn artifact coming.

Really the best ending would have been, as Kerrigan reaches forward to make Mengsk go pop, Dehaka comes in and pimp slaps kerrigan out of the way, then takes Arcturus and absorbs his essence and then next thing you know, the primal zerg are creating a new dominion.
Reply Quote
You guys, who want a new ending, know what happened in case of Mass Effect 3, where the ending was leaked and the writers tried to make a new one?
Edited by Bfler on 3/18/2013 2:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As for your comment blade, I can tell you that WoL and HotS ARE NOT crap, but they are not quality either. They are desecrated corpses in fancy suits that are fun but not of any quality or content. This game was devoured of all its plot, and intrigue and sub plots that we were literally told of and promised before it came out, even at Blizzcon. WoL is retcon tastic and ever since Blizzard has focused more on money making rather than making quality games, they have made some crap. Like Diablo 3, WoW's constant pandering, and the competitive market focus.

Hahaha, that was a good one. Its always funny to read your need to bash Blizzard baselessly.

Btw, interestingly, you can have quality and profitability, which fortunately is something that they realize by continuing to focus on quality.
Edited by Chorn on 3/18/2013 2:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
What I think is interesting about the leaked ending is that it didn't feel out of context when it was leaked, despite having nothing around it. When watching it, we were all pretty capable of filling in all of the story blanks so that we understood the entire story of Heart of the Swarm. From one short and unfinished scene. Because to get from the ending of Wings of Liberty to that ending sequence wasn't terribly complicated.

But, what is most damning about Heart of the Swarm is that most of our assumptions were not only correct, but that the "ending" was actually made worse by the game that proceeded it. Placed in proper context, that ending destroys any shred of respect Starcraft II's story could hope to hold on to.
And then they decided that it needed more "Marry Poppins", almost as if they felt the need to spread the cheeks of their behind and lay a nice long deuce of the faces of their fans one more time before asking for yet another $50.00 so that we can finally put a bullet in this god awful story.

Starcraft II's narrative is garbage from every conceivable perspective. It's not because Blizzard are money hungry, or greedy - it's because they're incompetent. The most responsible person is Chris Metzen, who is single handedly killed Blizzard's reputation for being solid story tellers.
Reply Quote
But, what is most damning about Heart of the Swarm is that most of our assumptions were not only correct, but that the "ending" was actually made worse by the game that proceeded it. Placed in proper context, that ending destroys any shred of respect Starcraft II's story could hope to hold on to.
And then they decided that it needed more "Marry Poppins", almost as if they felt the need to spread the cheeks of their behind and lay a nice long deuce of the faces of their fans one more time before asking for yet another $50.00 so that we can finally put a bullet in this god awful story.

Starcraft II's narrative is garbage from every conceivable perspective. It's not because Blizzard are money hungry, or greedy - it's because they're incompetent. The most responsible person is Chris Metzen, who is single handedly killed Blizzard's reputation for being solid story tellers.
...Allow me to dare a question. How was it all THAT bad? Your hate for Starcraft II is clear as day, but you're really not giving any reason for it.

Starcraft II has a good bunch of characters, and Heart of the Swarm has some really nice emotional and awesome scenes, not to mention some neat character arcs. I'll grant you, its not a perfect package, but "garbage from every conceivable perspective" comes across as baseless hate, and you're not even giving us proper details.

Also, pardon me, but the whole "Mary Poppins" bit of your post just seems to be pointless. Yes, Sarah Kerrigan, queen of the swarm, a psychic whose power is off the charts, can fly. Truly, her levitation has ruined the Starcraft universe beyond all hope.
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 02:59 AMPosted by ZehDon
The most responsible person is Chris Metzen

Uh, you realize he was responsible for the stories you are venerating, all the way back to D1?
Reply Quote
I watched the leaked ending. However, I didn't see how it fit until playing the campaign and it was still enjoyable seeing the REST of the story. Such as all the Primal missions...

...That all I was not expecting.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]