StarCraft® II

You choose to watch the leaked ending.

[quote]
the point is the ending sucked, 2 years ago people said it sucked, and they didnt make a better one.

Lol I love how you assume whatever you said is factual and that only your refined and sophisticated critic matters. I bet you are one of those people who say pop arent real music or that only underground raps are real talented rapper or how big name bands have no talent only indie bands are pure musicians. ....

News flash. It appears you people that this like hots are in the minority. For every thread that is started on how the game sucked the reply appears to he overwhelmingly in the "ending good!" Camp. Even in this thread I see one other person that agree with you while the rest disagree with you both.

Explain how wol is retconning any thing or how hots suck for what reason?
Reply Quote
[quote]
the point is the ending sucked, 2 years ago people said it sucked, and they didnt make a better one.

Lol I love how you assume whatever you said is factual and that only your refined and sophisticated critic matters. I bet you are one of those people who say pop arent real music or that only underground raps are real talented rapper or how big name bands have no talent only indie bands are pure musicians. ....

News flash. It appears you people that this like hots are in the minority. For every thread that is started on how the game sucked the reply appears to he overwhelmingly in the "ending good!" Camp. Even in this thread I see one other person that agree with you while the rest disagree with you both.

Explain how wol is retconning any thing or how hots suck for what reason?

I don't understand how some people can claim wol never retconned anything, I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling but in case you are serious, there are plenty of threads on this forum that tell you.

I also do not care who disagrees with me, most people are like sheep
Reply Quote
I thought it was a fake, but either way... It let me ponder a bit on what could happen. I'm glad there are no Kerrigan Clones...

The leaked ending didn't have a clone Kerrigan. How do people come up with these things?
Reply Quote

I don't understand how some people can claim wol never retconned anything, I'm not sure if you are serious or trolling but in case you are serious, there are plenty of threads on this forum that tell you.

Firstly, part of the problem is, for the most part the use of the term "retcon" is rather broad. Much of the time people throw it out there when something doesn't match up with what they had in their head, or what was merely inferred from a previous source. It also gets used a lot when lore is fleshed out -- not specifically changed, but added to. Thus, there's going to be some disagreement about that because its often all-inclusive, when perhaps it shouldn't be.

Secondly, the term "retcon" has been given a stigma -- that it is universally the worst possible thing that writers of any game/movie/book franchise could ever do to their lore. Which is pretty ludicrous. Quite often, in any genre, very little thought is given to continuity or backstory when the original product is being produced/created. This necessitates changes/additions to things that were left amiguous or just don't make any sense because at the time, they didn't seem to matter. For example, in the original Star Trek series, Kirk refer's to the Enterprise as belonging to different agencies (e.g., UESPA) before the writers settled on Starfleet. Similarly, some of the bare bones backstories from Blizzard games in the 90's had to be fleshed out/altered in order to progress the franchises. This sort of thing is both good and necessary in developing a franchise.
Reply Quote
The leaked ending didn't have a clone Kerrigan. How do people come up with these things?
Actually, it could be speculated from the leaked ending that the Kerrigan we switch to when Arcturus activates his weapon is a clone with a psychic link to the real Kerrigan. Not my first interpretation of it, but then it would explain the marking on her head (and how Abathur could even miss such an obvious weakness).

1) Notice how you didn't explain anything. You simply told her that you're right, and the evidence is over the forum, and for her to go looking for it herself. You're really not making a strong case here, nor are you trying.

You're also accusing her of being a troll. 50 points from Ravenclaw.

2) If you do not care who disagrees with you, why should we care about you? You've got an awfully high opinion of yourself, but you've really only expressed that. Your opinion. Of the two posts you've made in this thread, you've really only said "The ending sucks." Not much else beyond that.
Edited by Revenant on 3/19/2013 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the leaked ending had kerrigan setting the zerg free and they flew off into the sunset to live happily ever after.

the real ending didn't.

thank goodness.

I agree. The entire thread starts from a false premise that Blizzard didn't change the ending. Another huge difference is that Kerrigan doesn't pretend she's all goodie doing "justice". She wants vengeance. New ending = much better.

One exception is the dialog! Mengsk's dialog doesn't fit the new ending at all. What, did they change it too late, and couldn't get the actor to come back and do new lines? I carefully avoided the leaked ending until yesterday, so spoilers and exceptions aren't an issue for me. I just thought Mengsk's lines didn't work at all, and only after seeing the old ending did I realize why.
Reply Quote
People get mad about SC 2 retcons, but did they get so fired up over ones made to SC 1.

for example, when you play SC 1 for the first time (toss episode), you are just a random executor, yet later you are specifically retconned to be Artanis.
Reply Quote
Uh, you realize he was responsible for the stories you are venerating, all the way back to D1?

Chris Metzen's role from advisor to sole care taker of the story telling department is well documented. He used to be involved in the creative aspects - now he controls them. And with the transition has come the sharp decline in quality.
Reply Quote
Liked the leaked ending better. The implant device was more intriguing...when was it inserted...and why? Instead...Mengsk just pops up an anti-zerg out of the floor that he had been hiding in one of his rooms all this time?

Also liked the free zerg reference...the focus should have been on the zerg and not Kerrigan's anthropomorphic cheesy love interest with Raynor...which boiled down to a simplistic love triangle for Kerrigan to choose between Raynor and the Zerg. The zerg are unique...soap operas in space are not. The former is more interesting than the latter.

The implied decapitation of Mengsk was a little violent for my taste though...
Reply Quote
I didn't think for a second that the leaked ending was real. It's so ridiculous out of context.

When watching the real ending about the time Jim showed up I was like... "Whoa wasn't there some prank a couple years back that Blizzard is basically following here? Yea, they seem to be really similar... almost like plagiarism on that poor fan's work. No, wait-- It was REAL?! This is the ending!?"

So it didn't matter that I had seen the leaked ending, I was still shocked.
Reply Quote
Truly, her levitation has ruined the Starcraft universe beyond all hope.

+1 Could not stop laughing.
Reply Quote
I watched the leaked ending. However, I didn't see how it fit until playing the campaign and it was still enjoyable seeing the REST of the story. Such as all the Primal missions...

...That all I was not expecting.
this ^
Reply Quote
03/18/2013 11:58 AMPosted by Horebane

Well, yeah, but quality isn't a matter of numbers.
The SC2 trilogy is good regardless of how many people would like it.
Reply Quote
I watched the leaked ending. However, I didn't see how it fit until playing the campaign and it was still enjoyable seeing the REST of the story. Such as all the Primal missions......That all I was not expecting.

I watched the ending after much resistance. I watched it and I was skeptical about weather it was the real ending or not. When I saw the vengence trailler and it showed elements of the ending, I still was going to find out if it was exactly like the leaked ending. When I played through the campaign, the missions and story made the ending fit well. (It's not the beginning or the end but the journey that counts)

Actually, the new version makes perfect sense to me. Because of one thing... Kerrigan has been infested and altered on a genetic level, several times now, and no one noticed the device meant to kill her in her head? Abathur would've freaked the hell out if he saw it, providing absolutely no benefits to the Queen of Blade while she was being spun.

That was my biggest concern. There would have been surious plot holes if it went that way. Thank god they used the artifact instead of a kill switch in kerrigan's skull.

When Kerrigan pinned mangks to the wall, I was holding my brethe to see if she would get all 300 and say "This is justice" but thank god she only left it with a cold line before blowing mangsk up. And when Raynor joined Kerrigan in watching the swarm return to the levianthan, I held my breath again for the monolog but it turned out to be a simple thank you and goodbye.

Of course, I looked through the collector's edition art book before I installed the game and saw the sequence of the ending and it showed that mansgk was blown up instead of decapitated like in the leaked ending so I knew that changes were made and, as I found out, for the better.
Reply Quote
Of course, I looked through the collector's edition art book before I installed the game and saw the sequence of the ending and it showed that mansgk was blown up instead of decapitated like in the leaked ending so I knew that changes were made and, as I found out, for the better.

Blizzard is crazy. If you pay extra you get to spoil the ending for yourself.

I wonder how people would act about ME3's ending if it was spoiled to them ahead of time...
Reply Quote
03/17/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Revenant
And the Xel'Naga is an artifact that probably has several uses for it, such as destroying huge swaths of Zerg. Valerian and Jim used it to cure Kerrigan. Arcturus decided to use it to kill her. It might not even be able to cure her now.

For starters, had you read Flashpoint, you would know that Narud has the artifact. In the game, he says that "Amon lives." Which means that he used the artifact, with Kerrigan's ORIGINAL infestation/power absorbed into it.

Secondly, Mengsk did NOT have the Artifact. What he used was similar in looks, but completely different. Kerrigan reacted to it, yes, but she also knew it was different. What came out of Mengsk's floor was a Ghost controller. If the Ghost gets out of hand, you shock 'em a couple times to let them know they're being bad. You know, like you use a water gun on a cat or dog because they're doing something less than desirable.
Reply Quote
I really just hated that Levitation man. YOU'RE NOT SUPERMAN, SHEESH!

Other than that, pretty cool. I miss the choices though.

Douchebag or Nice Guy - Take your Pick
Hanson or Selendis - Hanson
Tosh or Nova - Tosh
Tunnels or Platform - Platform (Cause Choice B is for Jerks right?)

Warfield or Lasarra - Oops they Both Die D:

See what I mean? It's just that with Kerrigan found out Raynor was alive after she went on a care-free killing spree. Sure she expressed regret, but there was always another way for both Kaldir and Char.

Wonder how she's gonna explain to Jimmy about Warfield kicking the bucket and the dead Protoss on Hoth...I mean Kaldir.
That's what I don't get.

Oh yeah, the Brood Lord section of the Mutalisk Evo Mission. Why can't Kerrigan just take control of the Brood Lords? She's the Primal QOB by that time. Kinda surprising how she doesn't just bring them into the fold instead of wasting time fighting them. The same goes for the Impaler part of the Lurker Evo Mission. Just 'cause those Impaler Colonies are enraged doesn't mean you have to waste time fighting them.
Minor points but some clarification would be nice.

Now the story...was fine. Just the above stuff I didn't get. We better get 'Trial of Zeratul' for LotV. Would be a nice parallel to the 'Trial of Tassadar' in SC1. Although there wasn't much courtroom stuff being said back then. More like the 'Great Escape of Tassadar', eh?
Edited by UltraNoob on 5/13/2013 5:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I really just hated that Levitation man. YOU'RE NOT SUPERMAN, SHEESH!

Other than that, pretty cool. I miss the choices though.

Douchebag or Nice Guy - Take your Pick
Hanson or Selendis - Hanson
Tosh or Nova - Tosh
Tunnels or Platform - Platform (Cause Choice B is for Jerks right?)

Warfield or Lasarra - Oops they Both Die D:

See what I mean? It's just that with Kerrigan found out Raynor was alive after she went on a care-free killing spree. Sure she expressed regret, but there was always another way for both Kaldir and Char.

Wonder how she's gonna explain to Jimmy about Warfield kicking the bucket and the dead Protoss on Hoth...I mean Kaldir.
That's what I don't get.

Oh yeah, the Brood Lord section of the Mutalisk Evo Mission. Why can't Kerrigan just take control of the Brood Lords? She's the Primal QOB by that time. Kinda surprising how she doesn't just bring them into the fold instead of wasting time fighting them. The same goes for the Impaler part of the Lurker Evo Mission. Just 'cause those Impaler Colonies are enraged doesn't mean you have to waste time fighting them.
Minor points but some clarification would be nice.

Now the story...was fine. Just the above stuff I didn't get. We better get 'Trial of Zeratul' for LotV. Would be a nice parallel to the 'Trial of Tassadar' in SC1. Although there wasn't much courtroom stuff being said back then. More like the 'Great Escape of Tassadar', eh?

The cutscene with warfield was awesome, so I'm glad they did what they did with that. As for Kaldar, she needed that brood back under her control, and she wasn't yet ready to take on the full might of the golden armada (been hearing skytoss are pretty powerful this expansion). She had to kill the them or else the armada would have just returned and taken her out. The last mission though... Now that she had her brood, she might have been able to simply fight her way out.

As for the broodlords and impalers, those were supposedly the last of their kind. Abathur needed them dead to absorb their essence to make more. And as he stated in the zergling mission, the strands from evolution missions compete with one another, so only one of them would survive in the long run. Keeping a handful of them alive wouldn't really help much if he didn't get their essence from them.

I do think that the prison mission should have given you a choice to either rush in with everything you had, or Kerrigan and a single infiltrator (tosh or some other ghost, depends on what you did in WoL) would have to do some sneaking and puzzle solving. Maybe the last three missions could have been altered so you could choose to listen to valerian request of dropping outside the city, or ignore it causing a lot of nasty urban combat and civilian casualties which also causes valerian to attack you. Maybe you could let the protoss go, then instead of sneaking on the ship, you had to do a mission where you break a protoss blockaid because they warned the armada about you (I don't really care to much about that captured protoss ship, and I doubt it'll play a big roll in LotV anyway).

But yeah, there were some missed opportunities. I understand the majority of her moral choices had to be locked in place in order to establish her new character, but there were still some opportunities that didn't really change her personality to much, if one looks hard enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]