StarCraft® II

blzpts00008

getting the 00008 when trying to launch can not extract from archive. I have tried every suggestion still the same results. I have also read all threads with responses and tried those as well.
Reply Quote
I am no computer expert but I have gone through step by step with every suggestion.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
TimmyC,

It sounds like something is preventing the launcher from connecting. There are lots of things that can cause this.

If you are using Windows Vista/7/8, please try right clicking on your game shortcut and select the Run as administrator option.

Disabling or temporarily uninstalling firewall and anti-virus programs (Norton, McAfee, etc) can permit the patch to complete successfully. Of course, do not remove security software if you can't reinstall it, and always restore disabled security after patching.

If the issue persists, we can try resetting the launcher files completely. Follow the steps here to do that.
Reply Quote
Ok have tried all of those suggestions more than once with no change what so ever. I have not played in over a month due to this problem. I have un installed and re installed plus every suggestion there was a thread for with no results.
Reply Quote
So am I just SOL on this I don't feel like wasting my time trying to figure this out but I did pay for the game. I just feel ripped off you can not even play it off line.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
TimmyC,

I'd like to get a bit more information regarding the situation. What were the results for the steps you tried? What security program are you running? Did you uninstall or disable it? What happened when you deleted the Battle.net folder?
Reply Quote
I am running McAfee and did drop the firewall to try and patch. nothing different happened. Same when I deleted the Battle.net folder same results. The launcher sets up get 1/2 way through checking for updates then gives me the error message. I have tried to open it as the admin as well.
Reply Quote
I've been getting the same error as of yesterday. Everything was running fine. Uninstalled the game and tried all similar error fixing solutions and came up with nothing.
Reply Quote
Hmm seems like a few of us are getting this - I'm running it on a Mac. Any update?
Reply Quote
Thanks Jurannok, you helped me more out than the help-site i was sent to :)
Reply Quote
ive tried deleting the battle net file and reinstalling- both times i get this same BLZPTS00008 error.
Edited by PauloPete on 5/12/2013 9:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am experiencing this issue as well. Any quick fix on this one? Tried all of the suggested fixes, btw.
Reply Quote
yes i am getting that exact same error code.its not just you I am am having the exact same issures so are the same error code. its blizzards side that is at fault; as proven with multiple players having the exact same issue
Reply Quote
blizzard please address this issue. many players are unable to play. take this seriously please.
Reply Quote
It would seem this error is the bane of many of us players. In my case, I don't ever get past it checking for updates, so I had not realized it could be the same error that the rest of you are suffering from. Now however, I suspect it must be.
Reply Quote
for real?? so what game are we gonna switch to.
Reply Quote
lol do you think they pay attention to any of you????
Reply Quote

i hope you get this error
Reply Quote
06/09/2013 01:49 PMPosted by PauloPete

i hope you get this error

I already have 20-30 others to deal with trust me it won't be a surprise if/when I do
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]