StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Account Upgrades

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
We're aware of an issue with upgrading StarCraft II accounts to Heart of the Swarm. We're actively investigating the issue, and we will post updates as we learn more. Thank you very much for your patience.

Update 3/27:
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that our teams our diligently working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we thank you for your continued patience.

Update 3/28 - Fix posted by Radish:

1. Create another character in a different region, like the EU
2. Sign into it and then close everything
3. Try your region.

This seems to force it to refresh in your machine for some reason and then it reflects your upgrade.
Edited by Dankorii on 3/28/2013 12:27 PM PDT
I was hoping that an agent or someone higher up than just a user would post about this issue! THANK YOU Velnrak for giving us some hint that our issues are being noticed and worked on :D!!! Hopefully it will be fixed soon so we can get to playing HOTS!!!! Work hard guys!!!
Is that why My battle.net does not display any of my friends on my friend list and does not show any of my achievements or rewards from Wings of Liberty in Heart of the swarm?

Iv earned a few achievements from the first 4 missions of Heart of the Swarm and they do not display on my achievements on the website.
ClawLemon No this is an issue gettin the game key to register that we can play the New HOTS expansion there are some of us that cant even play yet and I believe thats what he is referring to.
Any update as of yet?
ahh, yeah, this issue is a little frustrating just bought the game on a weekend and spending half a day figuring out how to play it. Nothing drives me nuts more then figuring out how to turn on a game after I already paid for it.

Well thanks for sacraficing a weekend to help us enjoy ours.
so no solution yet? I installed it witha disc it would be nice if I could even just play the campaign
I bought this game opening day, 3-12-2013. When I enter the game key that I only just opened, it says...

"The following errors have occurred:
The code you entered cannot be claimed. Please check the code and try again. If you see this error again, please try again later, as the game or website may be undergoing maintenance."

I had contacted blizzard immediately by chat. I had to take a picture of my game key and receipt. I was then told to wait, they were working on it and would let me know when they had an update they said. About 2 days later, I reopened the ticket to ask again what was going on. That rep asked for my game key, which was already in the ticket as a picture. I sent one back saying where they could find it and added it to the reply so no one else would miss it. I still have no reply and it is Saturday.

I am usually extremely laid back and forgiving about problems of any kind. But I find myself getting angry this time due to not being able to play a game almost a week after I got it. Also there are a few Blizzard reps who seem to not like to look at your comments thoroughly or review the entire case before sending a reply.

This is partially a vent, and I hope some Blizzard people see this too. If it weren't for the fact that I would be willing to wait a year for this game, and in a way I have, I would have already returned this product.
when i upgraded all that happed was the game stated using 94% of my CPU. And it's only on my computer. I've tried windows 7 and 8.
Hey devs any updates on a fix???
I just want to play the damn game :-\
I have the same problem. Is there no solution or hotfix?
This is seriously getting beyond a joke. Not only is this problem not yet resolved, you still haven't given us an update on what's going on. I have had HOTS since launch and I'm still waiting to add a stupid code to my account.

Please hurry up and fix it or tell us what's going on! What was the point on paying $89AU for a box to sit on my shelf?
I feel as though the problem is fixxed, at least for me it has. Woke up this morning tried putting the key in for the 100th time and finally success. Hope it works for the rest.
Im still having this problem..
Mine is telling me that it can't connect to Battlenet and I know my internet connection is working. I got the game digitally, so how are we making this work?
yea same cant connect to US battlenet...tried S.E. Asia and it works but I dont get any of my acheivements or campaign from the US...
Yea same when i go to put in my HOTS game key it just says that an error has occurred
I made a comment earlier and would like to tell everyone to check their key again. I looked at my code for like an hour and didn't see anything different. It turns out I mistook a "VV" for a "WW. That is, a "V V" for a "W". I always said I wouldn't be "that" guy. But it still looks like a "W" to me.

I was given a tip, the code is always 6-4-6-4-6. That is 6 digits, 4 digits, and so on. Check what you interpret it as, then check the number of digits. Try what else it could be.

I seriously thought that I entered it wrong and re-examined it several times, and over several different days. I feel like an idiot. But to get off not looking so bad, I did ask them to space their codes more when they print them. Jerks!
Is there an end in sight for our problems?????? Will we every be able to play????? Will a dev every inform us how the progress is going??!?!?!?!?!? STAY TUNED TO DAYS OF OUR LIVES!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]