StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Account Upgrades

(Locked)

hmm..let me share my problem:
i can't play/log on my own region (southeast asia)
and i cannot install my HOTS that i have recently bought. :|
I'm in N.America... and I can't log in after using the launcher either. The log in window or app attempts to run and then suddenly locks up my whole PC. I have to hit the power supply button to shut down. I do not have this issue with "World of Warcraft:Mysts of Pandaria", or any problems with Diablo 2 or 3. Just having issues with "Starcraft 2" and it's expansion... I'm just say'n. And I just bought mine as well.
Edited by Aretrossit on 3/20/2013 2:05 AM PDT
Any update on this?

It's kind of unacceptable that I am still unable to play this game despite purchasing it 3 days ago; but my whining won't go anywhere.

Thanks.
awww, i can't upgrade my account, why o why
Thanks for all the updates Velnrak... really keeping our hopes up.
Ya, i just bought the game today and even after registering the code and re-installing the game i still cannot play Heart of the Swarm. Any idea on when this is going to be fixed yet? I bought the game in store and even installed it from the disk and still can't play :(
So I bought the bundle pack of HotS and WoL today for my buddy (using his account, my card) as a present, and he's having an issue. It used his email address and sent him the email, but no activation code. Is this a common issue? I found an old thread on it, but no solutions. Any help/fixes?
I just bought the HotS and after patching it i cant play because the login 'Connect' button icon is greyed out, not able to acess. I was playing WoL normally yesterday, and now i cant even login. Anyone with the same problem? Any help?
Any updates on this? Still unable to activate my key.
Hey blizzard just wanted to let you know that people actually like updates. Even saying " its not yet working but we are working on it" helps maybe more than you know. Just a progress update would make us feel like you might actually care about getting this problem fixed
Wow. This is totally retarded. If I could CONTACT THE DAMN SUPPORT I WOULD ASK FOR MY FREAKING MONEY BACK BUT I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT.

FURTHERMORE I NEVER ACTUALLY PRESSED BUY, IN THE MIDDLE OF FILLING OUT MY INFORMATION IT DECIDED THAT I WAS GOING TO BUY IT AND NEVER LET ME FINISH IT.
I AM SO UPSET WITH BATTLENET RIGHT NOW IM WRITING IN ALL CAPS AS IF IT WERE A PERSON I WOULD BE YELLING AT THEM. THIS IS RETARDED.
Just recently upgraded thru Battlenet and my client in-game says Starter Edition(HotS). Is that part of this problem, too?
Same here :( just bought HotS but my only able to access WoL & HotS starter edition.

Going to uninstall WoL & redownload 15GB again
It's the same for me too.

Really not keen on re-downloading 15GB of game data to reinstall - I only put WoL back on my system yesterday after buying HotS - but could you let us know how you go with it please?

As it stands I'm fully installed & patched, and have the 'Kerrigan' HotS loader screen happening, but seems like the same issue as you guys.

Only have 'Wings of Liberty' and 'Starter Edition (HotS)' listed in:
Options > Gameplay > Expansion Level

All suggestions on how to fix this would be most welcome!
And just in case any of this info helps anyone else:

Known Issues Thread

I note that the 'Known Issues' thread for 2.0.6 currently contains the following info:

You will not be able to play offline unless Background Downloading fully downloads the game.

Downloading all complete here, so not an issue for me personally. Have you guys waited for the full download to complete before trying the campaign?

You have to play online once after patching before you can play offline.

Though I'm only really interested in the campaign at this stage, I have tried this too and no dice. I only played one of the 'training' match ups, but I take it this should suffice as it shows up on my player record OK. Maybe this might work for some of you guys?

Using The Repair Tool

Another suggestion I saw somewhere on these forums (can't remember where though!) was using the 'Repair' option in the loader tool. Again, this hasn't worked for me, but in case it helps someone else, after clicking the desktop icon, try:
Help > Repair Tool

Good luck!
Edited by Fizz on 3/25/2013 5:19 AM PDT
I'm into this fray guys.. got "Kerrigan" s loading face but it's still WOL.
Only have 'Wings of Liberty' and 'Starter Edition (HotS)' listed in the expansion too.
I have been waiting for two days and not yet into Hots ?!!! And the best part is... Is there even a cd key or something like that to activate it ? -.-"

And ... I even took leave from work to play this game ... it's so depressing man :(
Edited by kweez on 3/25/2013 8:44 AM PDT
Have you had the problem when for example: I had wings of liberty then after the huge update/patch was downloaded i decided to purchase HOTS then after I did I encountered a problem every time i wanted to Log in it will either pop a window like 2 or 3 times then at the forth time it will say cannot connect to battle.net check your connection info which it seems dumb cuz i have a perfect connection, after a couple of tries i will finally get connected and it will sometimes flicker between being connected or not, a message saying achievements are temporarily unavailable and such. after playing some 1v1 vs AI at the end of the match either i win or loose I will soon disconnect from battle.net and will not show my result again untill i get a clear connection again. I tried the repair tool, I uninstalled the game twice and downloaded it directly from my battle.net account through the website and NOTHING.... sigh... I don't' know if i'm the only one with this problem, I've Google it and tried changing the registry on my pc which i did, but nothing happened and i still get this flickering connection i checked the registry and it didn't create a new one which just complicates the mystery.

ps.
I forgot to mention I had an error during the downloading process stating that an error occurred I closed the windows open the game again and the error was gone, maybe i have some missing files? that i didn't get during the downloading process? i don't know but its really annoying i want to enjoy the game it might be too hard for blizzard to fix, but please post me if there is a solution for my problem. THANKS.
03/25/2013 08:43 AMPosted by kweez
Is there even a cd key or something like that to activate it ? -.-"

I'm hardly any kind of expert here mate, but if you bought a digital version there shouldn't be any need for a key. The product is directly added to your battlenet account for you.

A key is only necessary when purchasing retail.
skywalker:
but please post me if there is a solution for my problem. THANKS.

Hey mate. Have you opened a Blizzard support ticket detailing this problem? I'm guessing you'd be far more likely to get a helpful response that way as your problem seems quite specific.
Edited by Fizz on 3/25/2013 9:44 PM PDT
I'm from New Zealand, and I have this issue. I purchased HOTS five days ago and can only play the WOL campaign. Completely deleting Starcraft and re downloading didn't help, I sent a ticket to Blizzard fours days ago and they requested my computer specs which I sent back to them, fours days later and still not a word.

Whatever this problem is it seems to be major, I've run into so many people in SEA server region who have this issue. It's got to be hurting blizzard too as I have ten people who will not purchase HOTS, due to what's happening. Seriously blizzard, an update on what this for all of us would be greatly appreciated.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]