StarCraft® II

Heart of the Swarm Account Upgrades

(Locked)

I am also not able to upgrade to HOTS. I have noticed that I have been given an additional battletag so that now I have 2 different battletags both with my name but two different assigned #numbers. The new battletag which shows up when i visit forums via logging in to SC has no history of me ever having played WOL, but my login on the battlenet website has me logged in under the other battletag (same name, different #). That is the battletag i have purchased HOTS under.

Is that the problem other people are having? battlenet account under one battletag and SC login under a different one?

Is that the reason why I can't upgrade to HOTS? payed for it on a different battletag than the one i log into SC with?
This sucks.

I just "accidentally" upgraded my SCII after clicking some buttons in the upgrade pages without knowing that there was no need for any confirmation from Paypal(no Paypal login required either.) I ignored that and just wanted to play the game instead but then I encountered this problem.

Sad but I requested for a refund. I hope the problem gets fixed before the refund is acknowledged so I could cancel the request.

Edit:
Just logged back on the game and everything got reset back to 0. My WoL campaign progress is gone. lol
Edited by Enigma on 3/25/2013 8:54 PM PDT
03/25/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Flik
Is that the problem other people are having? battlenet account under one battletag and SC login under a different one?

I think the two different battletags are from logging in to two different regions.

Logging into a different region starts a clean campaign/battle record, and gives you a new battle tag number also. All your previous campaign progress/achievements/battles should still be recorded, but you will only see it when logged into the region it was achieved in.

03/25/2013 08:16 PMPosted by Flik
Is that the reason why I can't upgrade to HOTS? payed for it on a different battletag than the one i log into SC with?

I have no idea if this is the cause of the problem or not, but oddly enough, I'm in the same boat too. My original WoL install was activated in the South East Asia region, but my HotS expansion was purchased in the US region...

More info on the 'Global Play' feature here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/starcraft-ii-global-play-faq
Add me to the same boat. Just purchased it an hour ago and its not showing up on my account or in game. On the support page it lists my purchase as "is this something you want to log a support case for?" but if i select it it blanks out all the support options lol..

Whats stupid is i CAN log a support case if i don't select my purchase as the reason... looks like i have to log it as another reason then just explain in the text..

Also whats up with them not providing the support phone number, instead it says "phone lines are full".. so what if they are full give me the number and i'll dial it from my speaker phone and wait on hold until I get through!
same problem here. I bought the game yesterday and it worked great (other than the overheating in my laptop which forced the laptop to shutoff several times!) ;however, the problem started today. I get to see Kerrigan's face in the loading screen but then its just WOL. No transaction record too! Appears like the expansion just vanished!

However, I do see the 'Swarm.SC2Campaign' and 'SwarmStory.SC2Campaign' installed in the Campaigns folders so I know that HOTS is still there.

Blizzard needs to do some serious answering to such a major anomaly. Their response has been mute and unprofessional at best. Hanging on to this is like waiting for a response from law school!
Same issue here, Blizzard please provide us with an update.
Another notch to the pole, same issue.

As there is no notice given of this issue when buying the game, and the email clearly stated that the game is available immediately, I'm abit disappointed that blizzard didn't even mention issues like this. I've got a mate in Aus (like me) and he got access immediately.

I'm not angry, but if it's a known issue with the dev team, it could at least be mentioned in the receipt email, or something. It's not in beta now, so major issues like this can't be palmed off.
Fizz :

A key is only necessary when purchasing retail.

Woah, bro, thanks for informing me on this man! :D

Hopefully Blizzard will look into our problems and rectify it asap man.... sigh... :(
I don't know if they are doing anything but this is on my support page now (still can't log a case on any of them though). I also already had WoL (obviously) so don't know what's happening there..

Contact Blizzard Support
Select a game or product

Are you having issue with one of the following recent activities?
DATE
ACTIVITY
DESCRIPTION
1 hour, 55 minutes ago Game License Added StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty Select
2 hours, 9 minutes ago Game License Added StarCraft II®: Wings of Liberty Select
3 hours, 3 minutes ago Digital Purchase SC2 - HOTS Digital Upgrade Select
48 hours past & no solution. This shucks, & I thought I shouldn't have met any technical problem since the game has been launched for quite a while.

Man I was so wrong.
same issue, the reply from my ticket was "try logging all the way out and back in, if you havn't logged out since you bought the game that could be your problem" it's as if they didn't even know there was a MASSIVE problem happening. the more i search around the more posts i see of unhappy customers that have paid good money for something they can't even use through no fault of their own. and all we have is 1 tiny post that is 11 days old saying "we're looking into it"
Awesome, I've paid for a game I can't play. Go !@#$ yourselves, Blizzard.
same issue, the reply from my ticket was "try logging all the way out and back in, if you havn't logged out since you bought the game that could be your problem" it's as if they didn't even know there was a MASSIVE problem happening. the more i search around the more posts i see of unhappy customers that have paid good money for something they can't even use through no fault of their own. and all we have is 1 tiny post that is 11 days old saying "we're looking into it"

thats for that - i'm going to pre-empt my ticket with a comment that i've already tried that. We should all link this thread in our tickets too

Also mine now shows on my account on the website but is not available in game. In game it still wants me to buy the expansion.. Attempted changing regions, tried them all no difference
Edited by Flain on 3/26/2013 2:58 AM PDT
I'm just adding my brother to the list of ppl with this issue.

He purchased HotS, the transaction says complete, but when he logs in it is still WoL.
Just posted a link to this thread on the blizzard facebook page, probably wont make any difference but feel free to go over and like/share it for more attention
Edited by Flain on 3/26/2013 3:03 AM PDT
[quote]Also mine now shows on my account on the website but is not available in game. In game it still wants me to buy the expansion.. Attempted changing regions, tried them all no difference

I have this too, when i go too HotS in game, all can do is watch the cinematic but on account page it says Starcraft:HotS. Please just get back to us with an update. 11 days is poor customer service, we understand complications but 11 days is very odd for the top stickied support forum post (and that blue post has no information).
I have to agree, 11 days is a long time to have paying customers not get access to their content and not be told why this is the case.
And another one...

All I get is HoTS start edition.

Interesting someones comment about regions.

I bought the retail version of Liberty in Australia... And bought the US digital key.

Wonder if there isnt a link there for blizzard to follow.
Just bought it digitally today, still stuck on HoTS starter edition. While I wait for a solution, I'll be playing GW2.

-cheers-
Purchased the digital bundle yesterday (WoL & HotS) and you can add me to the list of people with this issue, Blizzard should really suspend all new sales until they can be confident that they can deliver what people are paying for (lol fat chance of that) :-)

Edit. BTW my account already shows that i own both standard editions.
Edited by RaidZero on 3/26/2013 4:58 AM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]