StarCraft® II

Cannot buy Starcraft 2 from US Region

I own 3 blizzard games: WoW, Stacraft 2, Diablo 3. All of them from the US Region. Although when I bought them I wasn't living in the US (The reason being that I wanted to play games in English).

So now I recently moved to the US and want to buy Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm, but the price is in Euros and it says that my country of residence is France. (I'm originally from Chile, I've never played a Blizzard game from France).

I cannot change the country on my profile, on the FAQ they ask me to provide official documents with my address on it, I don't have any documents because I JUST moved to the US. I don't even have a driver's licence.

I submitted a ticket, it said that it could take 24 to 48 hours. That was 48 hours ago and I'm still waiting.

I cannot believe they make it so hard for people to buy the game.
Reply Quote
Could you log into the EU site and buy from there?

Also keep in mind the game just came out this week so they have a lot of tickets to deal with.
Edited by GeminiEclips on 3/15/2013 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can buy it from the EU site, but

1.- It's more expensive.
2.- I can't imagine what kind of issues I could encounter for having the game on the wrong region.
Reply Quote
Ah yeah. That's unfortunate. I was mostly wondering if it was the same price.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]