StarCraft® II

Hello everyone, I am sort of new here

Hello everyone, I am Nazasu. I have been playing starcraft for a while now, but I never really got into the community or the ladder. I mostly spend my free time playing the campaign of both WoL and HotS or going against the AI, but I occasionally go into the ladder. I really am losing interest in any multi-player due to the damn cheap crap people pull in bronze-gold play, but I guess it is the cheap crap that get the wins :l I always try to do the best I can without cheating the other people out of a fun game. I could care less about winning and all that crap. I play for fun and I hate those who ritualistically play to win because they want to be #1 :l I don't follow anyone, nor will I. I am myself and I play for my enjoyment, it is the people who are determined to be like the big names that ruin it for me. I am just here to make friends and talk about things, and maybe play the occasional fun game that we all know and love as StarCraft 2. Please let me know if you wish to talk, or send me a message or add me on the game. Whatever you fancy is, I will be here, on the game, and whatnot. :3 ^-^ I will admit, I am a complete noob and shouldn't be talking bad about the stategies people use, but I honestly feel that win or lose, a game should be played between two people for fun! And that is why I am here in the first place, to just gave fun.
Reply Quote
First of all, welcome to the community! I'm sure lots of people will love to add you and play some fun games with you ^_^. I personally am one of those competitive players who, while isn't that good (only in plat right now), plays for the fun of competition. So I guess our tastes don't jive too well I would say. Anywho, the 'cheap crap' is healthy for the game, if we didn't have that, we'd just have zergs making nothing but drones and getting 4 bases in 6 minutes and all that silly nonsense >.<. Anyway, I hope you make some new friends on the forum :3
Reply Quote
Well, I can't promise that you'll get many of us in JRB to play. Most of us are Role players. I play the WoL campaign, haven't gotten HotS yet, and ladder every now and again, but hey, add me and if I'm in game and available, I'll play.
Reply Quote
Ah... I remember my n00b days.
I cannon rushed for my first 30 or so wins.
Cheesy? Yes.
Cheap? Maybe.
After cannon rush I moved on to zealot rush. I wasn't good enough to handle late game economy, so I tried my best to not let the game reach that point.

Just remember, rushing is a legitimate strategy, and if anyone QQ's about it, they should have been better prepared for a rush and it's their fault they lost.
Vigilance is key to victory, know where they are, know what they know about you.
Reply Quote
@Nazasu,
My name is Zanon. I am a regular at Joeyray's and the unofficial forum sheriff of Joeyray's.
My (unofficial) job is to give a brief orientation to new RPers at Joeyray's Bar. This includes relevant facts about myself and others.

The first and most important thing is: BLIZZARD'S CODE OF CONDUCT.
You can find this on the bottom of any page on the forum. In them you will find all the things that they can ban you for.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thundercrash (He isn't here right now) knows what he is talking about, but really any of the people here can be counted on to answer a serious question.

As a courtesy to others, do not kill their characters. Also try to keep your punctuation in top form. We have a lot of perfectionists here, as this is primarily a story forum.

Have fun.

More information is available on:
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4139866899?page=1

----------IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ME----------
I am an easy going person but, if you post something that contains x-rated or downright disgusting material I WILL REPORT YOU.
I have reported two people for this, and they were both PERMANENTLY banned.
----------End note----------

Post script...
Zarkun is correct, this is primarily a role play section of the SC2 forums. Most of the people here (not all) are bronze for life players who got tired of the laddering system.
Reply Quote
03/19/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Zanon
bronze for life

One of my IRL friends started playing Starcraft 2 a couple months before I did, and played a lot more frequently than me when I got it. As of now, he has +1000 games under his belt and he remains in the bronze league.
I've got another story that relates to this- When I first started playing solo Quick Matches, I played a very good (at the time) game with a guy, so I friended him. He now has about 1300 solo wins with Terran, yet he hasn't been able to claw his way out of the slums known as "Bronze League". I played a match against him a couple months ago, he's actually a pretty okay-good player. He makes good use of micro and is effective with ghosts. I don't think he belongs in Bronze, Silver at the least. I mean- I've played Gold players who are worse than him.
Sometimes I wonder how fair the League system actually is...
Reply Quote
Gold players who are worse than him.
"Like myself. I was gold in WoL thanks to my Zealot rush strategy. But now I am going into bronze in HotS. Primarily because I fail at the game."
Reply Quote
Sometimes I wonder how fair the League system actually is...

MMR needs time to settle for people. After all, HoTS only released. People will get to the league they belong to.

03/19/2013 03:06 PMPosted by ShadowFury
Gold players who are worse than him.
"Like myself. I was gold in WoL thanks to my Zealot rush strategy. But now I am going into bronze in HotS. Primarily because I fail at the game."

Worker rush. I guarantee you that some people still do not know how to respond.
Reply Quote
Worker rush

The only 1v1 Terran wins I ever accomplished were done at the hands of SCV's.
Those little buggers are brutal when micro'd right. Single out one or two of their workers, retreat, repair, go in again, fall back, repair, move in for the kill.
Reply Quote
Worker rush. I guarantee you that some people still do not know how to respond.
I recently Carrier rushed into Silver. You'd be surprised at how much damage a single Carrier with +1 weapons and Graviton Catapult can do if you get it in their base at 8 minutes and then micro the heck out of it.
Reply Quote
o-o I am supprised on how many people replied xD To be honest. And thank you all who welcome me :3 Although I have been lurking in the game community for 5 years, this is the first time I've actually took it upon myself to talk to others. :/ I've been watching a lot of Day [9]'s dailies since his Brood War stuff, and I've always loved StarCraft. But since I feel I really want to get to know some people and just, have fun, why not just do it :3? So, here I am! :D

With all that aside. I just feel that people just rush for every build to try and win early. That is how the majority of the matches I've played through have been. I know in the end of 2012, I did almost get silver in the ladder through 2 gate, robo, then colossi, expand, push. Though I felt awesome when my opponent was just mortified with my army, I kinda felt like an... !@#... Pardon my word usage there, but that was the best way to describe it. Then I took a hiatus from StarCraft for a few months and just came back for HotS, which has rejuvenated my love for StarCraft 2. I have no real life friends who are into StarCraft.... And believe me, I've tried to get them to see how awesome it is, but they all play those CoD games and whatnot. Those get boring real fast. I really had no where else to turn to, to try and find people i could share my love of StarCraft with. I guess I am weird I guess? xD I have no idea, but oh well. I hope I can find some lovely individuals I can talk with and hang with in the game. Again, I mainly play the main missions and some AI stuff, ladder isn't my favorite :/
Reply Quote
I just started doing ladder again myself and I only have WoL. To be honest, you don't see many rushes anymore, but all but one Terran I've faced has gone BCs if possible. Another went, or tried to, Thors, but I rolled over him with Banshees. I'm silver, but I don't think it's because my skill has improved. I'm still way too defensive. But, like I said in my earlier post, I spend most of the day in game. Zarkun 856. Look me up.
Reply Quote
I have no real life friends who are into StarCraft.... And believe me, I've tried to get them to see how awesome it is, but they all play those CoD games and whatnot.

STORY OF MY LIFE

I'll add you in-game! :D
Reply Quote
I have no real life friends who are into StarCraft.... And believe me, I've tried to get them to see how awesome it is, but they all play those CoD games and whatnot.
I know how that is. In my entire school there are literally three people that I know of who even know what Starcraft is. Add me if you'd like though, I'd be happy to play a few matches sometime. Owlfeathers #198
Reply Quote
@Thane Krios, Alright :D Nazasu, 531 :3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]