diamond vs platinum

so from an observation i've found that there really is not much different between the 2 ranks.. i've been winning a fair chunk of diamond league games and i rarely lose to a platinum ranked player (only a matter of time before promotion)

after going from gold to platinum i had a hell of a time defeating platinum level players.. now that i'm on the ball it seems the diamond players play like platinum players do.. only there are a few in the leagues that i've noticed that know how to really execute an early game win very fast by containment into one base play (which of course is where zerg struggle if they can't push out and push back)

other than that.. what makes diamond leagues so much more special? (other than bragging rights)
Reply Quote
That silver league is looking pretty garbage on your record
Reply Quote
so from an observation i've found that there really is not much different between the 2 ranks.. i've been winning a fair chunk of diamond league games and i rarely lose to a platinum ranked player (only a matter of time before promotion)

after going from gold to platinum i had a hell of a time defeating platinum level players.. now that i'm on the ball it seems the diamond players play like platinum players do.. only there are a few in the leagues that i've noticed that know how to really execute an early game win very fast by containment into one base play (which of course is where zerg struggle if they can't push out and push back)

other than that.. what makes diamond leagues so much more special? (other than bragging rights)

Trust me, they don't. It might all look the same, but it's a very different game.
Reply Quote
The sparkly?
Reply Quote

That platinum league(s) are looking pretty garbage on your record.
Reply Quote
I find diamond level players more creative. A lot of platinum players are predictable, as in they use the same couple builds. However there are some really good platinum players, and some terrible diamond players.
Reply Quote
Heazy is my lover.
Reply Quote

i don't care much for team games.. they don't represent skill what so ever.. so i'm always fcuking around going mass this or mass that.. or trying to tech to broodlords (as i never get to use em)

plus i play with friends.. never on my own in team games.. and i'm in a higher skill level than my friends are
Reply Quote
Low level Diamond players are obviously more on par with high Platinum players. Higher ranked Diamond players are eons better than Platinum players. Pretty much common sense.

really?

makes me feel really sad ;_;
Edited by Fernando on 10/14/2010 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Low level Diamond players are obviously more on par with high Platinum players. Higher ranked Diamond players are eons better than Platinum players. Pretty much common sense.

that's just it though.. i've been facing off against some diamond players around rank 10ish and still beating them (not all but enough)
Reply Quote
I lose to platinum player about 1 in 10 times. Some diamond players, especially the ones that are only there because they were in the beta, are pretty bad.

On a side notes, the skill difference between a 600 diamond and a 1200 diamond is immense.
Reply Quote
Executor, I took the time to analyze your wins and losses.

1200 Diamond - Win
1200 Diamond - Loss
400 Diamond - Win
900 Diamond - Win
1000 Diamond - Loss
600 Diamond - Loss
700 Diamond - Win
1200 Diamond - Loss
1100 Diamond - Loss

Figuring these statistics I'd say you are around 600-700 diamond. Redirecting to Heazy's point the skill level drastically changes after 1000 aside from a few exceptions as shown above; and then again the skill level raises around 1400.
Reply Quote
ITT: Plat player stroking his e-peen.

shhh.. i'll give you a peek if you want!
Reply Quote
Executor, I took the time to analyze your wins and losses.

1200 Diamond - Win
1200 Diamond - Loss
400 Diamond - Win
900 Diamond - Win
1000 Diamond - Loss
600 Diamond - Loss
700 Diamond - Win
1200 Diamond - Loss
1100 Diamond - Loss

Figuring these statistics I'd say you are around 600-700 diamond. Redirecting to Heazy's point the skill level drastically changes after 1000 aside from a few exceptions as shown above; and then again the skill level raises around 1400.

interesting.. thanks for the time you put in.. i need to work more on my micro to become really efficient with my units.. i've always been kiting with A move, move, a move instead of using move stop move stop.. that should really help my early game kiting and give me the upper hand i need
Reply Quote
It's definitely a start :) Good-luck mate.
Reply Quote
Fun fact: Everything up to ~1000 diamond is actually just bonus points.

That being said upwards of around 1200+ is your mediocre diamond player. 1600+ is the high level diamonds. 2000+ would be pro-semipro? Maybe its higher now.

Find me a 1500-2400 point Diamond player that loses to a Platinum player and I'll stop posting on these forums forever.

On a side note, there are some oddities among the platinum players. The most classic example is a C-B range iccup player who transitioned to Sc2 for beta but hasn't played many league games. Their skill level may be upwards of 1500 diamond, but they are in plat still. I know another guy who was #1 plat with a 71-34 record or something like that. His skill level was probably around 1200 diamond which you have like a 10-20% chance of beating a 1500 diamond with. So watch what you say Heazy... =P
Edited by FatE on 10/14/2010 5:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Fun fact: Everything up to ~1000 diamond is actually just bonus points.

That being said upwards of around 1200+ is your mediocre diamond player. 1600+ is the high level diamonds. 2000+ would be pro-semipro? Maybe its higher now.

Find me a 1500-2400 point Diamond player that loses to a Platinum player and I'll stop posting on these forums forever.

On a side note, there are some oddities among the platinum players. The most classic example is a C-B range iccup player who transitioned to Sc2 for beta but hasn't played many league games. Their skill level may be upwards of 1500 diamond, but they are in plat still. I know another guy who was #1 plat with a 71-34 record or something like that. His skill level was probably around 1200 diamond which you have like a 10-20% chance of beating a 1500 diamond with. So watch what you say Heazy... =P

Find me a 1500 diamond who loses to a 1200 diamond and Ill drink my chocolate milk upside down, or something

No, really, 300 points is quite a leap
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]