StarCraft® II

too easy

seriously, I won every mission with practically nothing but banelings
Reply Quote
banelings are sooo cheesy with the jump upgrade and healing. Is that what you used? I used that with zergling restitution and jumping zerglings. lings kept getting healed.
Reply Quote
@OP: What difficulty was that?
Reply Quote
You can pretty much beat this game with zerglings/kerrigan on brutal. Takes a little longer than if you mixed hydras in, but still possible.

Inferno Mode plz.
Reply Quote
It sounds like the level design needs to be tweaked and/or some unit upgrades need to be nerfed, if that's the case. Or perhaps Kerrigan should take more time to respawn.

You can pretty much beat this game with zerglings/kerrigan on brutal. Takes a little longer than if you mixed hydras in, but still possible.

Inferno Mode plz.
Reply Quote
I enjoyed it, maybe you should play it on a difficulty above easy :)
Reply Quote
Some of the mastery achievements are actually challenging, try them.
Edited by medcsu on 3/21/2013 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I enjoyed it, maybe you should play it on a difficulty above easy :)

Considering OP beat it on brutal

Reply Quote

Sounds like you bored yourself.
Reply Quote
I just spammed roach/hydra with Kerrigan's Mend and beat every mission on brutal on the first try. It was a little disappointing after Supernova, In Utter Darkness, and All In on brutal. Not to say it wasn't fun, just easy for the hardest difficulty. I suppose the real challenge is the mastery achievements.
Reply Quote

And we could do most of WoL with Marines and Medics.

I agree that it's too easy, but your illustration of why isn't that great. I really want to see a patch with a higher difficulty level or another round of achievements, something that gives this game replay value. I understand it being shorter than WoL because it's an expansion, but it could still have a lot of replay value if the harder difficulties were actually harder.
Reply Quote
I just spammed roach/hydra with Kerrigan's Mend and beat every mission on brutal on the first try. It was a little disappointing after Supernova, In Utter Darkness, and All In on brutal. Not to say it wasn't fun, just easy for the hardest difficulty. I suppose the real challenge is the mastery achievements.

I also found the mastery achievements to be quite easy. You just go crazy on banelings again.

Oh, kill that wall at 11 min? MASS BANELING UNTIL 10 min then right click wall. Win.

You need advice on any, just ask.
Reply Quote
I really don't understand why people keep making this thread over and over again.

It's single player.

Every single player game ever can be won by massing a single unit. I used to play through brood war on hard using nothing but zerglings, scourge, and a-move on the far side of the map.

If you want a challenge and went to a single player game for it, you're delusional.
Reply Quote
I actually just beat reckoning for like the 14th time on Brutal(I play it just for fun, its entertaining to blow up massive amounts of terran stuff), with a massive baneling bust. I made nothing but banelings after I got the first expansion, and spread creep up to mengsks base, then ran in, totally ignoring the defenses, and busted the door open.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 03:49 PMPosted by cpkbob

I also found the mastery achievements to be quite easy. You just go crazy on banelings again.

Oh, kill that wall at 11 min? MASS BANELING UNTIL 10 min then right click wall. Win.

You need advice on any, just ask.

Dominion Domination.
Reply Quote
[quote="84009944024"]

Dominion Domination.

Build up a good force of lings with an infestor or two. Use the infestor to mind control the Thor to the right of your base. From there use Kerrigan and the lings to reduce each Hybrid to the yellow, then pull back and have thor attack it. Keep in mind the thor only has to land the last hit for it to count.
Reply Quote
[quote]

Dominion Domination.

Build up a good force of lings with an infestor or two. Use the infestor to mind control the Thor to the right of your base. From there use Kerrigan and the lings to reduce each Hybrid to the yellow, then pull back and have thor attack it. Keep in mind the thor only has to land the last hit for it to count.

You can simply use Kerrigan (or overlords) to pull them into the terran. They'll chase and the hybrid's AOE aggros the terran. It's kind of funny to try to see how far they make it through the terran base.
Edited by Dos on 3/21/2013 5:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
[quote]

Dominion Domination.

Way easier than that.

Choose the following skills on Kerrigan:

Heroic Fortitude (first tier)
Psionic Shift (second tier)
Mend (fourth tier)

This gives her incredible survival skills, with extra life, a heal, and a dash. Go to the hybrids alone with her, and kite him into the terran forces. Do some damage along the way (I recommend getting Fury in the sixth tier, this really helps your damage output), say to about 1/3 to 1/2 health, and then dash away from the fray, healing during this entire process as necessary. The terrans will finish it for you.

Can be done on the first 3 hybrids, and achievement should be awarded right away.
Edited by cpkbob on 3/21/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I really don't understand why people keep making this thread over and over again.

It's single player.

Every single player game ever can be won by massing a single unit. I used to play through brood war on hard using nothing but zerglings, scourge, and a-move on the far side of the map.

If you want a challenge and went to a single player game for it, you're delusional.

That's funny, I remember Blizzard specifically stating that Inferno mode in D3 was meant to be a great challenge, not for everyone playing the game to tackle. They almost wanted people to rage over it. You say single player games can't provide a challenge, while Blizzard aimed to do just that.

Then they nerfed Inferno mode, and then the SC2 campaign.
Edited by cpkbob on 3/21/2013 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]