Has this ever happened to you?

Being serious here, has anyone ever finished a game/book/etc. and been, I don't know somehow depressed that it's over or not real?

After finishing SC2 for some reason I have had this explainable feeling like I was super attached to the game I almost wish it was real. I know that sounds strange and like I'm some addict, but it was the characters like Kerrigan I thought she was so cool and I really felt her emotion I guess you could say (btw yes I'm a girl irl). Now I feel almost depressed after finishing the game, and I feel like real life is so boring in comparison or something, I can't explain it.

Has this happened to you? Any idea what to do about it?
Reply Quote
I've heard of this happening to people who watched the Avatar movie, how old are you btw?
Reply Quote
Yep it happened to me when I watched Avatar and also when I watched the Lord of the Rings. A little bit with StarCraft 2 Wings of Liberty - I wanted to live on the Hyperion. Not so much with Heart of the Swarm because the zerg are disgusting.
Reply Quote
I'm 19 Jade. I know seems weird, hard to explain, I just feel like "what now" or something or like I want to be Kerrigan, i don't know. I'm not crazy. :P I just have this feeling and it's bothering me, makes me feel depressed.
Edited by Tiger on 3/20/2013 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Happens to me after every good book! Cant believe we gotta wait now for the next expansion.

I think I felt this way after watching Game of Throne Season 1.
Reply Quote
Know anything to do to deal with it? =S
Reply Quote
If you feel the need to immerse yourself in the story in a very personal way, the best way to do this would be to write fan fiction. Or write your own stories to distract you from this story.

Writing your own fiction - creating your own world - is a much better solution than simply feeding your addiction to someone else's story. You have a deep personal involvement in your own story, so it gives you greater satisfaction and fulfillment - you don't feel like you are getting kicked out of the story, because you're the one in charge. You don't feel the deep depression of being on the outside looking in.
Edited by Torloch on 3/20/2013 11:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol it just passes with time. Read a new book, play a new game. or you can come on forums to talk about the story. Or as I have done, I started reading SC novels...
Reply Quote
Thanks for the suggestions thusfar, I'm not much of a writer, but I do enjoy to draw. Though I still feel like I myself need to do something more. It's like I feel like I need to have a more epic life like the story, but of course very few of those things are ever actually going to happen. I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, I just want to speed it up.
Edited by Tiger on 3/20/2013 11:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Atomic is right...u cn play sc 1 all the way to hots again....relieving it again will help too...u wont miss it so much...
Reply Quote
Happens to me after every good book! Cant believe we gotta wait now for the next expansion.

I think I felt this way after watching Game of Throne Season 1.

Yeb, I read storm of swords and I went nuts for a week. HOTS did have the same emotional effect but to a lesser degree. It is always a pleasure to live through a good story.
Reply Quote
The ending of HotS was rough. I totally agree that it was an emotional tug on you. I'm a champion for the Kerrigan and Raynor story arc, and it was tough watching that ending. I am holding out for a happy ending for the two of them.
Reply Quote
there are many great book series I have read were I got sad when they were over almost like a part of your life was over now that you cant travel with your favorite characters any longer. so yes this happens to me also I can relate.

it passes just start a new game or book that you find entertaining I recomend the new laura croft game its amazing or try the Dragonlance Chronicals series if you like to read there great also with characters you fall in love with
Edited by Drathmor on 3/21/2013 6:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Has this happened to you? Any idea what to do about it?

Yeah, I was about your age when I finished the original Starcraft 1 campaign.

Sounds like you need a hobby. Try multilayer. Read and write some fan fiction. Play some indie video games (such as Plants vs. Zombies) and see if you and your friends can come up with an idea and make your own. Watch some clips on College Humor and see if you want to make something like that yourself.

The world is essentially a sandbox (with really nice graphics)... so go ahead and play with it.
Reply Quote
You could always try to start your own swarm on Earth. Start asking earth worms if they will transform into a drone.

Let us know how it goes :). <3

FOR THE SWARM!
Edited by DarkOwnage on 3/21/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Or, more realistically, study biotechnology and genetic engineering.

You could always try to start your own swarm on Earth. Start asking earth worms if they will transform into a drone.

Let us know how it goes :). <3

FOR THE SWARM!
Reply Quote
Pathetic. Seriously and utterly pathetic. This is a sign that you really need to up your social life by a lot.

Way to be an immature brat. Learn to read some quality books then you will know how she is feeling kid.
Reply Quote
Why stoop to insulting her man?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]