StarCraft® II

Has this ever happened to you?

03/21/2013 12:42 PMPosted by DaveRoid
I've read many quality books

No you haven't.

That's like playing WoW as a fire mage

You are a Wow player. figures on the quality of your posts and intellect.

It's like playing Assassins Creed

A mindless slasher at best. Figures.

Sad, just sad. And to think, the taxpayers will eventually be paying for thess kinds of "people".

A republican too? wow you are building up my argument of a wasted human seed here.

Yes, I just finished the HOTS campaign and now feel like I am Kerrigan!

Let me know when you grow up and no longer think that girls have "cooties" then we can more about the impact of the story kid.

Damn! She added a political jab this time too.

Aren't you a WoW player, I mean, why else would you have "3 accounts". Unless of course that was a lie (which it was). 3 accounts without WoW is even more hilarious.

My dear lady, how is it that someone of your vast intellect can have such a meaningless job?

So the girl (you) who claims quality books are essential knows all about WoW, and Assassins Creed, and takes political shots at Republicans too. When you get to college, I'm sure you will do well enough to land a job at a pizza shack, from there you can elevate yourself, I have so much hope for you!
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 12:46 PMPosted by medcsu

I can smell a republican a mile away. You folks smell like that. Oh and a logcabin republican in your case.

Aren't you a WoW player,

No. Hell no.

So the girl (you) who claims quality books are essential knows all about WoW, and Assassins Creed, and takes political shots at Republicans too. When you get to college, I'm sure you will do well enough to land a job at a pizza shack, from there you can elevate yourself, I have so much hope for you!

My dear lady boy, I already have my engineering degree. Cant say the same for you judging by the posts. High school probably, a special needs school is not out of the question as well.

Unless you post something more relevant I will leave you to wallow in your droppings for now.
Edited by DaveRoid on 3/21/2013 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Unless you post something more relevant I will leave you to wallow in your droppings for now.

Please, don't feed the troll. Just report and ignore.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 12:36 PMPosted by medcsu
Pathetic. Seriously and utterly pathetic. This is a sign that you really need to up your social life by a lot.

You're wrong, its not pathetic. Having an emotional connection to story-lines and escaping reality can be an amazing experience for some people. I felt this way when i played the legend of Zelda, and Final fantasy 7 etc etc..

I feel bad for you for not being able to relate.

(btw my social life is probably infinity better then yours)
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Snow
Pathetic. Seriously and utterly pathetic. This is a sign that you really need to up your social life by a lot.

You're wrong, its not pathetic. Having an emotional connection to story-lines and escaping reality can be an amazing experience for some people. I felt this way when i played the legend of Zelda, and Final fantasy 7 etc etc..

I feel bad for you for not being able to relate.

(btw my social life is probably infinity better then yours)

Agree.

Personally I think its a testament to the quality of a story if a writer can engage people in this way. I for one admit there was definitely an emotional attachment at some level to the HotS story. Some of those cutscenes...
Reply Quote
People like drama. It's just a human thing. If there is not enough drama in one's life, they begin to either wish for it, or try and create some, or just exaggerate what little drama they can find. Movies and games like this do that for us. It's like an artificial supplement of drama. Heh.

I don't think it's weird to become attached in that way to the story. Compared to any of these stories, pretty much anyone's first-world life is pretty boring and uneventful.
Edited by PlatinumPOS on 3/21/2013 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Agree.

Personally I think its a testament to the quality of a story if a writer can engage people in this way. I for one admit there was definitely an emotional attachment at some level to the HotS story. Some of those cutscenes...

Fair enough, you still shoudn't say douchey things to a 19 year old kid.
Reply Quote
I used too, when i was a virgin. After u spend a lot of times with hot girls you learn to just enjoy sci-fi but never really to reject real life.

Of course if that doesnt happen to you than sci-fi will always look better than real life.
Reply Quote
Agree.

Fair enough, you still shoudn't say douchey things to a 19 year old kid.

Some people like to troll the internet, or just flame others. I don't understand why they do it, but it happens. Such is the case with medcsu.
Reply Quote
real life is not boring when you learn the truth about 9/11 or that the federal reserve is a giant scam.

it might be too much for some people and they just ignore it without ever doing proper research :)

no joke it gets really interesting

real life is not boring its full of things we have to solve
Reply Quote
Im working on my masters degree in psychology right now and I heard this isn't too uncommon when you become emotionally attached to a character or event in a fictional universe. It just means that you was heavily drawn into one or more of the elements in the game such as Raynor and Kerrigans relationship. The same feeling happened to me after I completed Metal Gear Solid 4.
Reply Quote
23 year-old man here. I know the feeling. I think it's because they mixed endearing, emotional characters with a bad cliffhanger.

edit: I think it also has to do with how lean the story felt for the amount of emotional depth. To compare the feeling: It would be like not being with your significant other for over a year, and when you finally see each other, all you have is a 5 minute conversation. There is a craving for resolution.
Edited by Shimdidly on 3/21/2013 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Very well put Shimdidly.
Reply Quote
Happened to me with my Draenei shaman. 8 yrs with one character. It broke my heart alittle when I quit playing her. The same with Avatar, I could identify with it.

DO you need help. Only if it's completely ruining your life.
Reply Quote

No you haven't.

You are a Wow player. figures on the quality of your posts and intellect.

A mindless slasher at best. Figures.

A republican too? wow you are building up my argument of a wasted human seed here.

Let me know when you grow up and no longer think that girls have "cooties" then we can more about the impact of the story kid.

Aren't you a WoW player, I mean, why else would you have "3 accounts". Unless of course that was a lie (which it was). 3 accounts without WoW is even more hilarious.

My dear lady, how is it that someone of your vast intellect can have such a meaningless job?

#1 Why do you keep using "she" and "girl" as an insult anyway? do you have some deep-seated problem with females or something?

#2 You're not a good troll, you keep using the same insults.

#3 You love personal attacks too much, cut that out.
Reply Quote
I've read many quality books and that doesn't change how pathetic this is.

That's like playing WoW as a fire mage and then setting your house on fire because you thought you were a fire mage....wait that actually happened once!

It's like playing Assassins Creed and thinking you can scale any building and then falling to your death....wait, that actually happened too.

Sad, just sad. And to think, the taxpayers will eventually be paying for thess kinds of "people".

Yes, I just finished the HOTS campaign and now feel like I am Kerrigan! Hahah....oh it just gets better and better with these "people".

If I was an admin, I would delete your post here. It contributes nothing.
Reply Quote
you have an imagination, that's a good thing.

having that will allow you to succeed in a lot of things in life, especially creatively.

Damn, I remember when I first saw starwars when I was 7 and wanted to be a Jedi sooooo bad! But that's how you are when you're young, you become obsessed but it's natural.

I would channel that imagination into something productive, create your own story? your own ideas and characters? and once you do that, you will find that all the other cool stuff in life is merely just inspiration to make your piece of fiction all that much better. And once you get the flow of your story going, then it becomes exciting to think about YOUR story rather than someone else's which is great because you can take it as far as your imagination grants you.

Uh oh, the internet white knights are coming to defend the e-girl.

Say what you will, it is pathetic (RL wise) in so many ways to feel that way (the exact way she stated). Sure I, and anyone I'm sure, feels a pull to want the story to continue and such, but to become depressed over a video game? Wow....

I actually feel sad for someone on the internet. You are either too old to appreciate the kid in you, or you are too naive/boring/cynical to suspend your belief for one second to enjoy yourself in some fiction.
Edited by emc on 3/21/2013 7:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]