StarCraft® II

The Ghost in the Darkness: Text Adventure

Posts: 5,878
Cody Ross stood up, fumbling around for the rifle he knew had to be there. He held his head, before looking up. His squadmates had to be around somewhere. The wind blew hundreds of droplets of water in his face, and he pulled his mask back down. What a mess. He checked his radio. No signal.

The Conditions are awful, and he slips on the soaked granite, barely catching himself with his rifle. The visibility is close to zero, but hoping for shelter, he moves towards a dark mass near him, thinking about where the other might be. Had any of them bailed out of the dropship as well, or had they crash-landed? He shook his head, and finds himself at a sheer face of nearly 40 feet. The Zerg have to be around somewhere, but could they even be out here, in the horrific weather? He doubted it.

Somewhere else were his squadmates, and they might need help, but what if he was lost? He suddenly spots a cave, and thinks of rotting, starving, dying of exposure before finally a Hydralisk puts him out of his misery. The Dominion wouldn't care too much, naturally. He didn't think they cared about anything. He thinks for a moment, the others would be south, further from the alleged Zerg base but further into this damn storm.

Cody Ross Options:

1. Go south and look for your squadmates.

2. Take shelter in the cave and try to wait it out.
Edited by Dacder on 3/21/2013 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posts: 3,045
1.
Reply Quote
Posts: 36
I'd say you go south and look for your squadmates.
Reply Quote
Posts: 9,269
Take shelter in the cave.
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,994
Take shelter in the cave.
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,878
We need a tiebreaker. :P
Reply Quote
Posts: 17,719
SHELTER! You must go with the rule of 3.

:3
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,878
He thinks about his teammates. They could make it on their own, they're very competent soldiers. He struggles to get to the cave, finally winning his fight with the wind and sleet that are practically like bullets. He goes inside, and it's just big enough for him to fit in comfortably. He lays down, and tries to sleep, but it's impossible. He'll have to stay awake through the storm.

He tries looking out, every five minutes or so, but it simply won't let up. In fact, it seems to get worse. It was like a damn hurricane. He contemplates it not letting up, of him staying inside and dying, when it starts to quiet. He looks outside, and it seems to have let up slightly.

He can see now that the surface is very rocky, and quite mountainous. Hopefully this meant the others got shelter too, from both the storm and, god forbid, the Zerg. He starts to move towards the exit, when he thinks, what if it's a lapse? What if he gets caught outside after moving? Should he make sure?

Cody Ross, Options:

1. Stay inside and wait and see if the Storm calms starts back up or ends.

2. Go and look for his squadmates.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,048
Survival for now. Stay.
Reply Quote
Posts: 9,269
Stay.
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,998
Stay
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,994
Stay
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,878
He waited, and it seemed like eternity. He waited, and waited, and waited. He started to feel bad...he started to wonder if the others were getting butchered right now, and needed his help. But he decided they weren't, and if they were, he probably couldn't help them anyways.

Finally, after what seemed the ages the storm cleared. He stepped outside, and almost instantly slipped out, sprawling on the rocks. He thought he heard a chuckle, but he couldn't see anything as he looked around. It was rather dark out, as it seemed to be night, but he couldn't be sure. The planet's sky looked odd, a sort of violet color as opposed to the familiar navy blue of Earth at night.

As he climbed over the rocks, he spotted something. Initially he thought to go running to them in happiness, but he restrained himself and looked. It was a Hydralisk. He cursed to himself, now knowing for sure that the Zerg were there, and looked around. There was a promising alternate path to the right, but he wasn't sure where that led. He took out his rifle, and thought.

Cody Ross Options:

1. Kill the Hydralisk and move on.

2. Go the alternate path.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,048
Ninja kill the hydralisk.
Reply Quote
Posts: 9,269
Kill the hydra quietly and move on.
Reply Quote
Posts: 76
Kill the stupid worm.
Reply Quote
Posts: 5,878
He decides the other path might lead to a large group of Zerg, and so he moves forward, taking care to be quiet. However, he makes a bit too much noise going down a small jump, and the Hydralisk turns about quickly, ready to strike at this unseen threat.

He hunches down behind cover, hoping he can't be seen, when he hears a gurgle and a drop to the earth. He waits there for a second, contemplating if the Hydralisk maybe had lost interest, or if he'd died, and decided to get up and look, even if it wasn't a smart choice. What he saw shocked him.

The Hydralisk had a gash...no, that's not the word for it. The Hydralisk looked like it'd been torn in two by...something large. A huge pool of blood surrounded it, and half of it's head was gone. It looked like it had a large bite taken out of it. He looks around, horrified, and realizes there must be...something else here. He needs to find the others. He moves past the small area, and comes into a clearing. He sees a large hill, towering over the small ridges that are all about, and thinks about going up there.

Cody Ross Options:

1) Climb the hill, look for teammates.

2) Keep going along the lower parts.

3) Call out and hope for an answer.
Reply Quote
Posts: 27,048
Climb, but don't skyline yourself. That...would be very bad.
Reply Quote
Posts: 7,998
what zarkun said
Reply Quote
Posts: 9,269
Same as the prior two.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]