StarCraft® II

Question about ending, Mengsk (spoiler)

*Spoiler Warning*

What exactly did Kerrigan do to Mengsk that killed him? She possessed/infested him or something? And then he exploded? It's a little unclear.

And what move would that be in the actual game? (Not that it matters, but might be kinda fun to speculate).
Reply Quote
She said she could weave sequences.... she weaved a new baneling out of his brain.
Reply Quote
If I was going to speculate I would assume it was a build up of psionic energy much akin to that of the apocalypse spell, albiet on a smaller scale
Reply Quote
Going by what she said right before she did that it was probably something really painful.
Reply Quote
There were so many explody things in ALL the cinematics that I just gave up trying to understand what anyone was doing and why they weren't just doing that the whole time.

She blows up Mensk's face from the inside out and then somehow just FLOATS AWAY afterward. Like, why didn't she just FLOAT over to his palace in the first place? Why all the trouble in taking the city? Because then there wouldn't be as many explosions, and it's not scifi without explosions.
Reply Quote
There were so many explody things in ALL the cinematics that I just gave up trying to understand what anyone was doing and why they weren't just doing that the whole time.

It is how psinoic powers work in the game. Dont get your panties all in a bunch.

03/21/2013 02:36 PMPosted by PlatinumPOS
then somehow just FLOATS AWAY afterward.

The leviathan pulling all the zergs from the surface. She likely answered its called and pulled away. Not that I dont think she can lift herself for a bit since she can lift others.

03/21/2013 02:36 PMPosted by PlatinumPOS
Like, why didn't she just FLOAT over to his palace in the first place?

Because she would have been the biggest turkey shoot in the whole galaxy? Especially if floating slowing is all she can do.

Why all the trouble in taking the city? Because then there wouldn't be as many explosions, and it's not scifi without explosions.

What the hell are you even saying here.

Reading some of the critics inner thoughts really makes me lose hope for humanity a little. Cant you people read anything more than a little skin deep?
Reply Quote
How are she and Raynor able to survive the explosion? The office is completely destroyed and she is next to Mengsk, while he obviously explodes.
Reply Quote
How are she and Raynor able to survive the explosion? The office is completely destroyed and she is next to Mengsk, while he obviously explodes.

If you notice Raynor closed his helm visor as soon as kerrigan got back up. He knew !@#$ was about to go down between a predator and her pray. I would not be surprised if he didnt high tail it out of the throne room as soon as he noticed mengek starting to glow with psionic power. His suit probably can read those signals.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 02:50 PMPosted by DaveRoid

If you notice Raynor closed his helm visor as soon as kerrigan got back up. He knew !@#$ was about to go down between a predator and her pray. I would not be surprised if he didnt high tail it out of the throne room as soon as he noticed mengek starting to glow with psionic power. His suit probably can read those signals.

And Kerrigan?
Reply Quote

Reading some of the critics inner thoughts really makes me lose hope for humanity a little. Cant you people read anything more than a little skin deep?

It's a skin deep game, haha. My fun sarcasm obviously went over your head, so I'll stop trolling.

While I do think Kerrigan is an awesome character, and one of the very few TRULY strong and independent female characters in any kind of media . . . a lot things that happen in the story are superficial, and purposefully so. Things like Kerrigan making somebody's face blow up are put in there for no other reason than "it's cool". Same thing with her floating away. Explanations for how she did it are thought up afterwards.

It doesn't bug me, but I find it funny that it bugs other people. It's a game that's made for young or teenage men. Don't expect The Art of War.
Edited by PlatinumPOS on 3/21/2013 3:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Bfler

And Kerrigan?

Those were her powers, she probably had some sort of "psi shield" or whatever
Reply Quote
And Kerrigan?

it takes more than a little explosion to kill her me thinks. Especially when it is her own doing.

Explanations for how she did it are thought up afterwards.

You can see the whole zerg army floating slowly in an upward direction towards leviathans belly in the background. I connected the two and two right after I noticed that.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 03:10 PMPosted by DaveRoid
And Kerrigan?

it takes more than a little explosion to kill her me thinks. Especially when it is her own doing.

Explanations for how she did it are thought up afterwards.

You can see the whole zerg army floating slowly in an upward direction towards leviathans belly in the background. I connected the two and two right after I noticed that.

So it proves the leviathan was pulling them up, not that Kerrigan could fly or anything...
Reply Quote

So you also immediately assumed the leviathan was tractor-beaming everything back up to it rather than the -slightly- more normal explanation of things (mutas, ovies, etc) flying back up to it?

I must have missed the floating ultralisks. Maybe I should watch it again.
Reply Quote

So you also immediately assumed the leviathan was tractor-beaming everything back up to it rather than the -slightly- more normal explanation of things (mutas, ovies, etc) flying back up to it?

Well the leviathan is several times bigger than the largest terran battlecruisers. Probably has several inhalers built into its body, so it can suck the Zerg back into it like a vacuum cleaner when it's time to leave a planet.
Reply Quote

Maybe you should.

more normal explanation of things (mutas, ovies, etc) flying back up to it?

They are specs so you cant tell what they are because they are too far away or small. But the way they are slowly floating upwards in a tunneling way like how kerrigan did suggest they were being pulled by various openings in leviathans belly. Muta's wouldn't tunnel up to the bottom in formation like that. They would fly in the sides or which ever direction they can reach and besides why would muta's want to go in the first place? there might be dominion space ships still around and the leviathan needs some air support until it exists orbit so it can wrap jump.

Sorry for the technical answer but you asked a technical question.
Reply Quote

I agree. DaveRoid has gone paranoid attacking this "flying" thing from multiple angles, as if the fate of all SC fandom depends on Sarah not flying. First he says she's not flying, then he says that if she was flying in missions she'd be easy to shoot down. Which is it?

Leviathan tractor beams are dumb. At that point, just say it's artistic license that she was flying, or whatever. Leviathan tractor beams? Really?
Reply Quote

I agree. DaveRoid has gone paranoid attacking this "flying" thing from multiple angles, as if the fate of all SC fandom depends on Sarah not flying. First he says she's not flying, then he says that if she was flying in missions she'd be easy to shoot down. Which is it?

Leviathan tractor beams are dumb. At that point, just say it's artistic license that she was flying, or whatever. Leviathan tractor beams? Really?

She was not flying because you can see ground based Zerg floating around too.
Reply Quote

Sorry for the technical answer but you asked a technical question.

Indeed I did. I wanted to see you technically explain all of that, haha. And I have to say it was worth it.

Scared of battlecruisers. Directions mutas like to fly. Far away specs that totally aren't overlord-shaped. DaveRoid really doesn't want to lose his argument. Got it.
Reply Quote

Umm what?

I believe she was not flying up as some folks do. I am arguing my points about why that is. How is that paranoid?

The leviathan can warp jump. Explain that before saying it would be ridiculous that it can evacuate ground based zergs on its own.

Scared of battlecruisers. Directions mutas like to fly. Far away specs that totally aren't overlord-shaped. DaveRoid really doesn't want to lose his argument. Got it.

So logic doesn't apply to this argument? Got it.

Cant argue much with someone who didn't even notice what was happening in the scene's background.
Edited by DaveRoid on 3/21/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]