StarCraft® II

kill zagaras base on hard (after egg hunt)

hey I complete the egg hunt and even get the two infest terran bases, but after the cutscene, i'm supposed to kill zagaras base and all the banes and zerglings i have only kill about half of the base, i'm playing on hard and don't want to reduce difficulty, any suggestions?
Reply Quote
You can continue to produce units off of your two bases until her base is destroyed. You don't need to finish her off with the bunch of zerglings and banelings you are given
Reply Quote
i'm out of minerals by then, lol
Reply Quote
Kerrigan has a 300 one-shot ability. Also, you can attack with drones. Or get the expo. Or get any remaining free banelings. Or restart the stage.
Reply Quote
When you finish the egg hunt, you should be 200/200 in zerglings and banelings. All it takes is a simple F2 A-click into the base and win. But still, attack smartly. Group everything outside the base and then go. Trickling in units 1 by 1 is probably what got you lost.
Reply Quote
Considering the hard mode achievement for that level is to not collect the 100 eggs (therefore diminishing your army when attacking her by about half), I'm gonna have to say that you're doing something very very wrong.
Reply Quote
Do the other planet missions before Char. That way you can have the ability to spawn lings automatically and also have the help of roaches and hydras, I believe.
Reply Quote
i'm out of minerals by then, lol

It sounds like you are playing too defensively.
Reply Quote
thanks, that's what i'm looking for
Reply Quote
Yeah, Zagara's Base should be a cakewalk once you collect the Eggs. By then I had a fairly decent force of Corpser Roaches and Hydralisks wandering around with Kerrigan. The Corpsers by themselves were all that was needed to finish off Zagara.
Reply Quote
its not the best way but the easiest way is to wait until u have 16-20 swarm queens and then attack with everything use banes/kerrigan to target the spines and dont let ur army get too spread out
Reply Quote
Be less terrible. If you're having issues here, you're not going to get far.
Reply Quote
saturate your base
expand, saturate the other base
make units
spend your money.

if you can do that the whole campaign will be trivially easy.

kerrigan alone is ample defense on most missions until your base is saturated, even on brutal. on many missions you can even go on the offensive with just her while droning up.
Reply Quote
I was trying to do Char first with just zerglings and banelings, that was the problem, ever since I went back and did the protoss missions first and got roaches and hydras, np
Reply Quote
I was trying to do Char first with just zerglings and banelings, that was the problem, ever since I went back and did the protoss missions first and got roaches and hydras, np

You can beat this on brutal by a+clicking and never making a single unit other than zerglings or even collecting all 100 eggs. You need to work on your macro because I think you're trying to operate with too small a force or you're fighting her in bad locations.

Spend more time building up your swarm before venturing out for eggs. Just have kerrigan and a sizable pack of lings go clear a path to Zagara's base then keep killing Zagara as soon as she steps out of her base (don't let her run into the middle of a bunch of infested terrans you have to fight through to get to her). Remember, the timer is based on her collecting eggs, not actual time so if you keep wiping her out, you're not really on a timer.

You should easily have 150-200 supply worth of zerglings by the end of this objective before you get the extras from the egg harvest to go wipe out her base.
Edited by brinebold on 3/24/2013 12:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In Brutal, they have mutas. But not that many. If you have like 10 queens, you can handle them together with Kerrigan. You gotta be careful not to let the zerglings scattered everywhere in that base uncontrolled (this is your micro), and you need to KEEP MAKING ZERGLINGS AND RALLYING THEM TO THE FRONT LINE from home constantly during the fight (this is your macro). You should have at least 4 hatcheries. 2 can be in the middle of the map. Also, raptors seem to be more effective than swarmlings in my opinion. Together with some banes, you should have no problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]