StarCraft® II

The 6 strongest beings so far in the series

1. Voice in the Darkness - The enemy of the Xel'naga, a.k.a "The Lord of the In-Between Places", the "Living Heart of the Void" and the "One True God"

2. Amon - Fallen Xel'naga, ruler of the Hybrids, master of the Void.

3. Primal Queen - Stronger than the Queen of Blades, ruler of the Swarm.

4. Ulrezaj - The combination of 7 powerful dark templars, the enslaver, the destroyer.

5. Narud - Ancient shapeshifter, master manipulator.

6. Ancient One - the strongest of all Primal Zergs, very huge in size.
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the dark voice not Amon? I thought they were the same thing...

Also where is Tassadar?! (I know he is dead, but was one of the most powerful beings in existence)
Reply Quote
Voice in the Darkness isn't the Dark Voice. It's from some manga or book or something. I never read it but it's on this Wiki:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_in_the_Darkness_%28entity%29

I really doubt we'll see that show up in LotV though.
Reply Quote
Pretty sure the Dark Voice doesn't count because it only appears in a prophecy which foretold a possible future if Kerrigan were defeated.

Since that never happened the Dark Voice does not exist. At least not "so far" in the series.

Not sure how you're ranking the rest of the list. Raynor should be on there somewhere because he has plot armor, and is the only one to ever really do anything significant. In terms of real actions and consequences, Raynor is probably the #1 most powerful being in SC universe. Everyone else just has a good speech writer, but no real power when it comes down to the battlefield.
Reply Quote
No the Voice in the Darkness is not the same thing. Amon should be more powerful though. Considering VitD is released and Amon still ate everything in the universe. It's likely he has been assimilated just as everything else in the alternate future.

The Xel Naga could have probably killed him but the didn't want to.

Polaris, you're wrong the the Dark Voice IS Amon and he is alive now.
Voice in the Darkness is from a manga and Blizzard has stated they are not the same.
Reply Quote
Urelzaj at one point (If I remember correctly) once defeated a Terran, Protoss and Zerg army simultaneously by himself and was only "defeated" when Zamara locked him, with herself alongside, in some void crystal or something. As such I'd put him higher than Primal Queen, really. Other than that, the list seems to check out.

The Overmind might deserve a place up there though. He was pretty psionically powerful and commanded the entire Zerg force until his death, so perhaps he would be at least more powerful than Zurvan.

Everyone else just has a good speech writer, but no real power when it comes down to the battlefield.

The first two are gods and the next four all demonstrate significant power in battle. Any one of them could have demolished Raynor in a straight fight.
Reply Quote
Amon is the Dark Voice. But he is not the Voice in the Darkness.

The Voice in the Darkness was just a character in a Starcraft: Frontline. He was described as a destroyer of worlds, etc., who was imprisoned by the xel'naga. Since he comes from such a peripheral lore source, I wouldn't expect him to play much of a role in the main plot of the games. But he has some pretty awesome quotes from that wiki:

"You worship false gods, little protoss, but now the truth stands revealed. You were never master of your own destiny...never more than a pawn in the xel'naga's cosmic game."

"Would-be gods who defied the natural order at every turn. Though in the end, the xel'naga's hubris brought naught but ruin...upon themselves and all they touched."

These seem like very pertinent quotes. And frankly, they sound very reasonable - On closer examination, it would appear that the xel'naga were false gods who were just messing with nature and screwing everything up for no reason.

It's tough to compare the Dark Voice and the Voice in the Darkness, but if I had to pick one as superior, I am tempted to say Voice in the Darkness because it may in fact be older and more powerful than any xel'naga. It is physically strong, it can control minds, it can telepathically communicate across vast distances, and it can see past any cloak while cloaking itself beyond the power of any conventional detector to reveal it.
Edited by Torloch on 3/21/2013 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I still say Raynor is the most powerful being in SC universe.

Just watch, all those other things will eventually encounter a snag in their designs: At some point any plan to conquer / destroy the universe eventually will become directly relevant to Raynor. At that point Raynor will add some more victories under his belt and save a couple of universes while he's at it. Because that's what being the main character of a story does for you.
Reply Quote
But Torloch, The Voice in the Darkness is out by the time Starcraft 2 events happen. Which means he is out during the alternate future. Don't you think if he is anti Xel Naga,more powerful, and around that he is going to challenge one of the only Xel Naga left? Considering the implications of Utter Darkness, VitD does not live unless he went in to hiding. But he assimilated all life and basically ate the universe to make his own.

Yeah Polaris, Jim Raynor has plot armor. But that's just what it is. Plot armor. Storywise, Jim is lucky to be alive. The plot armor is not something in universe. Otherwise it would be simple. "Oh Amon is going to destroy the universe? No problem. Jim Raynor could take on his entire army alone. He has plot armor so he has to win."
Reply Quote
We know that the Voice in the Darkness once fought the xel'naga but we have no idea whether he would wish to fight Amon. He has the ability to disappear completely and not be detected, while still being alive and observing events.

But I think that answer as to why the Voice in the Darkness isn't challenging Amon may be because he is just an obscure manga character and has no place in the games - in other words, I wouldn't be surprised if he simply didn't exist in the game universe.

By the way, by most powerful, do we mean individual power (physical strength, psionic abilities), political power (armies being commanded), or both?
Reply Quote
The Overmind gets to be ranked up there. He destroyed the Zel'naga and was the prime threat for a long time. Zurvan isn't really that powerful compared to him, considering the Overminds psionic powers and the such. He controls billions of Zerg and can open WARP RIFTS. Come on now.

The Voice in the Darkness isn't so strong an entity. Sure, he challenged the Zel'naga, but they could have killed him. They loved life, so they didn't. He doesn't seem to have any physical capabilities aside from mind control and cloaking, which I'm sure the Zel'naga could see through. I think he'd be a threat, but Amon could handle it.

I'd say Mengsk is one of the most powerful as well. He's been in everyone's buisness since the beginning, and even managed to stall the other two races for a while. He's not the most physically powerful, but he's certainly got power.
Reply Quote
Raynor is basically the Starcraft Batman. No superpowers yet somehow he seems to be the one that gets everything done.
Reply Quote
Raynor is basically the Starcraft Batman. No superpowers yet somehow he seems to be the one that gets everything done.

Technically wouldn't Narud be stronger than Ulrezaj? The way I see it, Narud existed before the Protoss did...
Reply Quote
We know that the Voice in the Darkness once fought the xel'naga but we have no idea whether he would wish to fight Amon. He has the ability to disappear completely and not be detected, while still being alive and observing events.

But I think that answer as to why the Voice in the Darkness isn't challenging Amon may be because he is just an obscure manga character and has no place in the games - in other words, I wouldn't be surprised if he simply didn't exist in the game universe.

By the way, by most powerful, do we mean individual power (physical strength, psionic abilities), political power (armies being commanded), or both?

You're probably right about him not existing in game universe. That would make sense.

As for most powerful, It is probably a mix of both. I imagine someone who controls an army of beings in which one can psionically drain Kerrigan has to be pretty tough psionically and it also translates to army/political power. Kind of hard to tell when you're dealing with Gods. I mean the Protoss themselves make terrans seem primitive. They'd basically be gods to us. Having ships that wreck planets pretty fast. I believe there was a quote "How strong is someone who plays with their fate?" I imagine both are Gods. Voice in the Darkness being more Lovecraftian. Amon being more "Biblical" for lack of better term
Reply Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the dark voice not Amon? I thought they were the same thing...

Also where is Tassadar?! (I know he is dead, but was one of the most powerful beings in existence)

voice in the darkness is a lame lovecraftian/warcraft old god kind of entity, its just typical blizzard cliche. It has the power to turn people insane, mind control them etc etc.
Reply Quote
1. Acceptable.

2. Possible.

3. Should be Ulrezaj

4. Primal Queen

5. Overmind/Narud (not sure which to put here

6. Tassadar
Reply Quote
3. Should be Ulrezaj

What did Ulrezaj do to make him more powerful then Kerrigan? I understand he's 7 dark templars combined, but I still don't think that alone should justify his ranking. I don't know enough about his back story however, that's why I'm asking.
Edited by Yarko on 3/22/2013 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/22/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Yarko
3. Should be Ulrezaj

What did Ulrezaj do to make him more powerful then Kerrigan? I understand he's 7 dark templars combined, but I still don't think that alone should justify his ranking. I don't know enough about his back story however, that's why I'm asking.

His very presence makes everything die.
Reply Quote
Abathur indicates that Infested Stukov was designed by a master creator and is second only to Primal Queen of Blades.

Abathur should be aware of Zurvan by that point in the story, and used to work for the Overmind, but still ranks Infested Stukov as the 2nd strongest being he has ever known.

Just something to think about.
Edited by Gergall on 3/22/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]