StarCraft® II

Terran has too much splash

Let me explain, Planetary fortress (ground splash), Siege tanks (ground splash vs heavy), Hellions (ground splash vs light in a line), widow mines oh yes widow mines, (Ground AND air splash), Dont forget Thors (MORE air splash). As well as the Raven (seeker missle, ground or air splash) Nuke as well from ghosts (huge aoe splash).

Now lets think, Protoss psy storm, i would normally say wow this is a terrible thing to deal with so it seems op, however this, a colosus, or an archon (which is nearly melee splash) is all this poor guys have for splash so im sorry protoss, terran stole all the splash so you have to build a support unit and micro correctly to get your splash, or deal with a line splash that can be attacked by air and ground. But hey atleast you have so splash.

And last zerg, Banelings, yes these little critters are awesome, however one ling cost 50 minerals plus you invest another 50 gas and minerals per zergling since they come in 2's so 100 minerals and 50 gas to counter marines? Yet they can spam the marines and eventually you will run out of gas and lose. but if you spam lings they of course will melt the the terrans ball of marines, so spam those banelings and use all your gas while the terran player uses only minerals then comes back later to devastate you with the extra gas they have. But lets stay focused. Zerg splash, Ultralisk, WAY late game so your not going to get this unless the game turns into a turtle or theres really heated battles and you have to pull out the artillary but hey good unit, as well as fungal growth which is splash as well but the infestors range for it sucks when trying to micro them in big fights and they almost awalys get themselves killed to siege tanks to try casting fungal growth.
Edited by ICritMyPantz on 3/22/2013 11:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I don't think SC is the game for you buddy.
Reply Quote
I hate to be this guy's Grammer teacher, my eyes bleed when I look at this wall of China of text.
Reply Quote
I bet the moderators just glanced at this and ignored it.
Reply Quote
MY EYES!!! THE BLOCK OF TEXT IS TOO UGLY!!!
Reply Quote
Holy cow i don't even want to attempt that its just 1 huge block if someone can give a quick translation that would be great.
Reply Quote
translation:

'whah, whah, whah, marines op. whah whah, pout, sniffle, i never make enough banelings.' then something about widow mines, and some numbers to try to back up his point.

[translated by thing]
Reply Quote
Mass baneling beats everything on the ground. Buildings and units alike melt in seconds. Isn't that enough?
Edited by Demoylition on 3/22/2013 1:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
No paragraphing, 1/10 for making me post
Reply Quote
Sticky?
Reply Quote
He mad
Reply Quote
Hmmm I'm not sure if he is trolling or just not very smart (or both!).

Either way, grats on wasting a bunch of time writing that whiny wall of text that no one will actually read.
Reply Quote
was about to argue with him.then I checked his profile, I gave up. this guy is just a newbie talking about balance....nice try.
Reply Quote
I can't read more than the first couple lines of that horrible wall of text, but I can say that since Terran finally reached 30% of GM in HotS (we were 20% in WoL) that maybe this guy doesn't have all the facts.
Reply Quote
oh god,, another QQ thread...

the ratio of all the races are pretty even right now across all the regions in grand master.

36% terran
30% zerg
33% protoss
1% random <--grandmaster with random lol
Edited by Braunz on 3/22/2013 6:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ok so heres what you should do, uninstall starcraft and go pickup a copy of call of duty 3, go play online with all the other stupid little 5 year old kids talking trash you will fit right in!
Reply Quote
I hate to be this guy's Grammer teacher, my eyes bleed when I look at this wall of China of text.

Grammar**

when playing bio vs Protoss, wheres all the Terran splash?? Oh there is none, unless you consider ghosts EMP. You are up against storms and colossus which own bio ball if you're not careful. You shouldn't complain about Terran splash when bio is probably more popular in most match ups.

as well as fungal growth which is splash as well but the infestors range for it sucks when trying to micro them in big fights and they almost always get themselves killed to siege tanks to try casting fungal growth.

You obviously aren't very good with Infestors if they die to tanks. Infestors will always be behind the rest of your army, so there's no reason they should take the hits. Unless you are used to a attacking with 1 hot key, causing the Infestors to run up and die. You think infestors 8 range sucks??
Edited by Braunz on 3/22/2013 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah yours absolutely right Braunz, There is no terran splash vs protoss........ Because that makes total sense. Typical terran player, try to hide the fact that this is true, they clearly have too much splash and everyone knows it. Ask the pros. They will tell you the same thing.
Reply Quote
Yeah yours absolutely right Braunz, There is no terran splash vs protoss........ Because that makes total sense. Typical terran player, try to hide the fact that this is true, they clearly have too much splash and everyone knows it. Ask the pros. They will tell you the same thing.

well obviously terran has splash but itss not really used against protoss because its just bioball vikings mosst of the time. but now im starting to see a lot more mech against protoss which is a good thing
Edited by Braunz on 3/22/2013 10:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A. I have never heard any pro say that any race has to much of anything

B. Someone already made a post about how much splash terran has a long time ago ( try the search function) and the consensus of that thread was just that different races are different.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]