StarCraft® II

Anyone else notice....

that the Dominion 'Super Max' prison allows its inmates to keep firearms on their person?

Seriously, in the cut-scene where Kerrigan breaks Raynor free, she puts Raynor's loaded gun to her head. She didn't go in there with the gun or give it to him.

Which means the Dominion just let him keep it, while he was in prison lol.

It's not a big deal, made me laugh a little bit more than anything. Still kind of a strange Blizzard oversight.

Overall though, I really enjoyed the campaign, was WAY better than WoL. That is not to say it didn't have flaws, but it went much closer to its SC1 origins than WoL did.

Anyways, just a comical observation. Anyone else pick up on it?
Reply Quote
The rest of us picked up on the fact that he did not have the gun in the cell before Kerrigan broke in and handed it to him.
Reply Quote
The rest of us picked up on the fact that he did not have the gun in the cell before Kerrigan broke in and handed it to him.

Pretty much.
Reply Quote
Think it was pretty obvious she handed Jim a gun in the cutscene. She reach for his hands when she says "you swore you'd kill the queen of blades".
Reply Quote
Yeah,I have heard this like 50 times so far.

First,she doesn't have a gun when she enters the cell.This is kinda a big issue.Also,she has no reason to have his gun in the first place,and she has no reason to randomly carry around a massive revolver that looks exactly like jim's gun.

*Waits for "WELL,ITS OBVIOUSLY FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT" comments.
Reply Quote

First,she doesn't have a gun when she enters the cell.This is kinda a big issue.Also,she has no reason to have his gun in the first place,and she has no reason to randomly carry around a massive revolver that looks exactly like jim's gun.

Then she obviously pulled it out of her !@#, because Jim's hostler is empty in the cutscene.

More logical she brought it along to arm him, since it's better then carrying a Gauss rifle and dragging around an unarmed human through the prison probably wouldn't be the best idea.
Reply Quote
We need a sticky post with the topic title "Kerrigan brought the gun" vague enough that it shouldn't spoil. But anyone who saw the scene would get it.
Reply Quote
More logical she brought it along to arm him, since it's better then carrying a Gauss rifle and dragging around an unarmed human through the prison probably wouldn't be the best idea.

its a nice parallel with Jim handing her a gun in the opening mission.
Reply Quote
The better question is where was Kerrigan keeping it? I don't see she has any utility belts or packs? Ouch.....
Reply Quote
it was indeed comical. but i thought WoL was a better campaign but none of them come close to SC and SC BW,
Reply Quote
i found that cinematic to be pretty naive ... my opinion .
Reply Quote
The better question is where was Kerrigan keeping it? I don't see she has any utility belts or packs? Ouch.....

You forgot that Jim saw the old human Kerrigan for a few seconds? If you look closely, you can see the ghost suit's lighting effects. We took over the view from Jim's perspective when we saw more than an arm of Kerrigan, not a camera over his shoulder. He wasn't looking for a revolver and had the !@#$ queen of blades standing in front of him. Of course he didn't notice the revolver in her hand so we don't see her with the revolver either from his view.

TLDR: Blizzard breaks omniscience when they give you views from the characters' eyeballs.
Edited by brinebold on 3/23/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Maybe all guns look the same, besides, she is just not going to break him out of prison and not give a gun.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There's been some confusion as to where Kerrigan got Raynor's gun, as well as why the gun doesn’t appear in the shot before she hands it to him during the "Believe in Me" cutscene at the end of the "Conviction" mission. So we went ahead and asked Brian Kindregan, lead writer of Heart of the Swarm, for more info. Here are the answers he gave us:

How does Kerrigan get ahold of Raynor's gun?
  • The key ingredient here that some players might have missed during their first play-through can be found in the last room of the mission. Just before you enter Raynor's cell for the cutscene, there's a locker. This locker is where prisoners' personal effects are kept, and it's also where Kerrigan got Raynor's gun.

Why isn't Kerrigan depicted holding the gun at the beginning of the cutscene?
  • We tried showing Kerrigan with the gun when she first appears during this scene, but after watching it a few times, we felt that it stood out just a little too much. So rather than have it distract from the moment where we see her as Jim does, we just decided to remove the gun from the shot. To give that moment a bit more logic, you can imagine Kerrigan had the gun holstered behind her back.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Personally, I like to think of it like this: Jim's been held in this dark cell for an extended period of time. The door suddenly blasts open, flooding the room with light in the process. He's stunned from the commotion, and seeing Primal Kerrigan for the first time (he may not even be sure she's feeling too friendly at that moment, either.)

That's already a lot for anyone to handle all at once. Because we're seeing it from his perspective when all this goes down, I can't imagine seeing the gun would initially register in his brain at all. =)
Reply Quote
It never made much a difference to me. Gun or no gun, that cut-scene still made me sad for my Queen!
Reply Quote
There's been some confusion as to where Kerrigan got Raynor's gun, as well as why the gun doesn’t appear in the shot before she hands it to him during the "Believe in Me" cutscene at the end of the "Conviction" mission. So we went ahead and asked Brian Kindregan, lead writer of Heart of the Swarm, for more info. Here are the answers he gave us:

How does Kerrigan get ahold of Raynor's gun?
  • The key ingredient here that some players might have missed during their first play-through can be found in the last room of the mission. Just before you enter Raynor's cell for the cutscene, there's a locker. This locker is where prisoners' personal effects are kept, and it's also where Kerrigan got Raynor's gun.

Why isn't Kerrigan depicted holding the gun at the beginning of the cutscene?
  • We tried showing Kerrigan with the gun when she first appears during this scene, but after watching it a few times, we felt that it stood out just a little too much. So rather than have it distract from the moment where we see her as Jim does, we just decided to remove the gun from the shot. To give that moment a bit more logic, you can imagine Kerrigan had the gun holstered behind her back.

Nobody is going to be looking for doodads to fill in the blanks with something that seems like a plot hole.
Edited by Sean on 3/26/2013 12:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol, Then why isnt the gun on any of the kerrigan models, and its distinctivly attached to raynors model.... why would you remove an entire piece from an animation? makes no sense. I think this is a cover up :)
Reply Quote
It never made much a difference to me. Gun or no gun, that cut-scene still made me sad for my Queen!

Hey, look, someone who's not completely missing the point :D I agree with you.
Reply Quote
it was obvious since Raynor's hostler was empty in the scene. But air-heads will remain air heads on this and other simple issues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]