StarCraft® II

Anyone else notice....

Why did they let Raynor keep those smokes he never smokes?
Why do they let the SCV have like four beers inside his SCV suit?
Starcraft is ruined!
Reply Quote
Personally, I like to think of it like this: Jim's been held in this dark cell for an extended period of time. The door suddenly blasts open, flooding the room with light in the process. He's stunned from the commotion, and seeing Primal Kerrigan for the first time (he may not even be sure she's feeling too friendly at that moment, either.)

That's already a lot for anyone to handle all at once. Because we're seeing it from his perspective when all this goes down, I can't imagine seeing the gun would initially register in his brain at all. =)

This is nice, a personal POV and your insight into the event. Perfect except one thing...
You had it explained expertly by the guy that made the decision of how the shoot would be and left no room for error, in the post before it.

I get it there will be some talk about it within the thread, but in 2, 3, 5 years? Nothing, it has been clairified.

One of the best things a story teller can do for a long lasting legacy, is keep a few secrets.
That way people will always ask things like "who shot first". And if you know who did, really who did, not some quote from someone in-the-know put on the spot (and taking sides), you may never be taken seriously because the question still is up in the air.

Just being you local useless advice pri©k!
Reply Quote
> logic
> you can imagine Kerrigan had the gun holstered behind her back
> zergwithagun.jpg

this doesn't seem very logical. neither does keeping the loaded personal weapons of prisoners an arm's length away from their cell doors.

none of this detracts from my gaming experience, but this is what forums are for.
Reply Quote
I just thought that she got it from Horner and she had it holstered behind her back. If she can instantly grow back a damaged wing or instantly conjure a swarm queen embryo out of thin air and then shoot it into a protoss body, then she can instantly grow a holster on her back.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
Shes like Link in Legends of Zelda, she has an invisible storage space.
Edited by Duke on 3/26/2013 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It would have looked pretty silly if Kerrigan walked in with a giant gun in her hand. But I would not have minded if to avoid confusion, they showed her reach behind her back and take the gun out.
Reply Quote
this doesn't seem very logical. neither does keeping the loaded personal weapons of prisoners an arm's length away from their cell doors.

none of this detracts from my gaming experience, but this is what forums are for.

Well six - eight shots vs. the entire security force of the prison ship that's out in space in some random corner of the sector (usually) and the bridge may be entirely sealed off from the prison deck. Not to mention Arcturus Mengsk having his finger on the self destruct button in case something goes terribly, terribly wrong. ANY prisoner's odds are very much stacked against them. More so when there's a frggin' siege tank or two parked in siege mode right in front of your cell door.

Might just be me, though.
Reply Quote

neither does keeping the loaded personal weapons of prisoners an arm's length away from their cell doors.

having a gun beside him or hell even in the room with him isnt going to hurt security there on a ship in the middle of space with what looks like a whole army on it. that is even if he could open the super reinforced door. im sure gun or no gun no one has ever escaped or even got out of there cell in the whole history of that ship.

on a more practical side. i could see reasons why u would want to keep a prisoners personal effects close by. keeps loging in stuff into storage and having to re log it back out. also domion troops dont seem like the most honest lot so having people stuff get locked up in one small room and staying locked would keep stuff from going "missing" vs having staff of peoples whos jobs it is to log store and retrieve any personal belongings in a larger holding area.
Reply Quote
The fact that Kerrigan is an incredibly powerful psionic entity, with especially noteably telekinetic ability, makes this entire thing ridiculous. Given the powers she's shown having, why exactly is it impossible for her to have just manifested a gun? She could've used the ambient matter, air and such, and altered the arrangement of the atoms and quarks so as to create a gun. Or teleported it to her from the locker. Or whatnot. My point being, she's an extremely powerful telekinetic. She hardly NEEDS a holster, or anywhere else to carry ANYTHING. She can carry !@#$ with her mind.
Edited by StrangeQuark on 3/26/2013 8:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah when I saw this scene I was like how did this get past editing it's awkward to say the least
and that Blizzard knowingly left it in there...well let just say this is well below par for a company with Blizzards resources.
I see only one logical scientific explanation for this gun appearing from no where...Kerrigan is a magical witch I say we get some holy water and throw it on her to see if she melts!
Reply Quote
It never made much a difference to me. Gun or no gun, that cut-scene still made me sad for my Queen!

+1
Reply Quote
Likely she had one of her minion zerglings carry it for her. Or she got it from the armory near by.
As far as a holstering for Kerrigan. Again her carapace glans that can mold, morph, and mutate. She is far capable and resourceful enough to not allow her cerebral form restricted to possessions.
Edited by BaterStein on 3/26/2013 10:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah when I saw this scene I was like how did this get past editing it's awkward to say the least
and that Blizzard knowingly left it in there...well let just say this is well below par for a company with Blizzards resources.
I see only one logical scientific explanation for this gun appearing from no where...Kerrigan is a magical witch I say we get some holy water and throw it on her to see if she melts!

Immature much?
Reply Quote
Damn. I thought perhaps that he had the gun all along, because that's just how badass the Dominion prison is. They can handle it, no problem. :)
Reply Quote
This didn't bother me as much as Mengst line about keeping a monster like you close to me making no sense in the ending movie. It only makes sense after watching the leaked version to see how they changed it. I would like to know why Blizzard just left the line that way instead of making some minor change to it to fit the new ending especially when they rewrote a lot of the dialogue already like Kerrigans Zerg are free speech.
Reply Quote

Immature much?

Immature because I'm critical of a scene that was poorly done? Maybe it's just me but I tend to find the ones who cry immature are often the least maturely behaved.
Reply Quote
Yeah,I have heard this like 50 times so far.

First,she doesn't have a gun when she enters the cell.This is kinda a big issue.Also,she has no reason to have his gun in the first place,and she has no reason to randomly carry around a massive revolver that looks exactly like jim's gun.

*Waits for "WELL,ITS OBVIOUSLY FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT" comments.

Except for when he sees her, he's seeing her as normal Sarah Kerrigan. He's seeing what he wants to see, so naturally he doesn't see the gun in her hand.
Reply Quote
it was obvious since Raynor's hostler was empty in the scene. But air-heads will remain air heads on this and other simple issues.

Dude you're about as bad as Gradius. Stop being a %#@!!!!* please.
Reply Quote
it was obvious since Raynor's hostler was empty in the scene. But air-heads will remain air heads on this and other simple issues.

BUT NOT HIS CIGARETTE BOX?! They'd allow prisoners to smoke in StarCraft :O
Reply Quote
Agreed
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]