StarCraft® II

F2 = no MSC? Hotkey should be customizable

Why is the Mothership Core excluded from the "Select All Army" hot key F2? Whereas Warp Prisms and Oracles are "army units"? It is clearly an army unit that attacks and uses support spells.

Suggestion:
Users should be enabled to customize their F2 key so they can select which units are included and excluded from what is defined as "Army". I don't know how many undercover Oracles and Warp Prisms i've lost by accidentally rallying with F2.

Also. In the hoykey options, "toggle conflict hotkeys" not affecting Oracle's Pulsar Beam. Shouldn't this be considered a toggle key that change's the mode of the unit? I would think users would find it more fitting using just one key for "on" and "off" rather than having one for each.
Edited by Beanpaul on 3/22/2013 1:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It would be great to be able to customize army selection.

I'd like to have a key that defaults to MSC, one for observers, and one for the rest of the army. How many times have I accidentally recalled by observers and had to send them back out?

Obviously, we could get around this by manually setting control groups like people have been doing since SCI, but being able to set a default would be convenient.
Edited by Aspera on 3/22/2013 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It makes sense that Warp Prisms and Oracles are part of the "Army," but yes, I do agree that the Mothership Core should be part of it.

Also, the best part would be that you customize your so-called Army (why, your Army hotkey could only consist of air units!).
Reply Quote
I'd love to be able to edit what units are included.

As a workaround, I recommend making the MSC follow a high hitpoint unit and hopefully that unit won't die... then you are OK.

But you definitely want to use some normal control groups too. Practice doing both I think.
Reply Quote
I play protoss but random for teams, its annoying also if I were to random as a zerg and overseers count as army units so when you select the F2 key it pulls every single overseer you have with it.
Reply Quote
i asked this same question not too long ago..... and yea its pretty lame, id really like to see a little more customization with that key because its useful if you're trying to find missing observers but also terrible if you wanna keep observers in special locations
Reply Quote
Hey why not? Better yet, give the user 12 options and allow your computer to play for you. It's basically at the stage already, so hey! Why not. You new people on SC2 have it so easy. Go play SC and report back. SC2 is just hotkey everything game. Now auto mining. Know why the poeple who were actually good on SC1? Because you couldnt do to much with hot keys. In fact using a ghost, high templar, defiler etc. While using more then one with an ability had them all cast on the same area\target at the same time. Where as now its click hotkey hotkey hotkey click hotkey hotkey hotkey hotkey hotkey ~_~
Reply Quote
To the chagrin of those flaming the OP I'm sure, Blizzard has now added the MSC to the F2/entire army button. It was a mistake that it was left off.
Reply Quote
We really should be able to edit what units are included!
Reply Quote
Agreed. And if nothing is selected, why can't I just map say o to observer by default?
Reply Quote
When was this changed? I am absolutely certain that F2 has included the MSC ever since I began using F2. (I've since stopped--F2 is a bad habit!)

I am certain about this because I often considered making threads complaining about it--I wanted it not to be included because I often wanted it to stay home.
Reply Quote
This thread is two months old. If you have something to say, make your own thread, don't go searching through the archives for a months old post about issues that have already been resolved. It's called necrobumping and it's considered bad ettiquite on any internet forum.
Reply Quote
This thread is two months old. If you have something to say, make your own thread, don't go searching through the archives for a months old post about issues that have already been resolved. It's called necrobumping and it's considered bad ettiquite on any internet forum.

I agree with you, yet I hope that they add the customizable army selection ^_^
Reply Quote
BLIZZ Remove OBS from F2 Key PLS!!!!
Reply Quote
Hey why not? Better yet, give the user 12 options and allow your computer to play for you. It's basically at the stage already, so hey! Why not. You new people on SC2 have it so easy. Go play SC and report back. SC2 is just hotkey everything game. Now auto mining. Know why the poeple who were actually good on SC1? Because you couldnt do to much with hot keys. In fact using a ghost, high templar, defiler etc. While using more then one with an ability had them all cast on the same area\target at the same time. Where as now its click hotkey hotkey hotkey click hotkey hotkey hotkey hotkey hotkey ~_~

Well you're silver.... so clearly sc2 isn't even close to easy for you.
Reply Quote
Units on hold and patrol should not be included on the F2 key!!!! This would allow observers, mothership core ext. where they could easily not be selected. Making it where you choose what is selected and not selected with the F2 key would lower the skill cap of the game.
Reply Quote
Omg how about DONT USE THAT TERRIBLE button. im in Silver and i KNOW its a bad idea.
Reply Quote
NUCLEAR NECROBUMP DETECTED

Seriously, guys, if you need to talk about something, make a new thread. The guy who bumped it wasn't even on topic with his comment.
Reply Quote
dude i was just saying this, i use f2 all the time and i wish so bad that it would leave my units on hold and patrol alone, msc id like to leave at my base for photon overcharge with out occidentally bringing it with my main army
Reply Quote
This is a good change!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]