StarCraft® II

No complaining Terrans? Yet all Zerg complain

Sh...Patch Zerg is speaking, we better listen up!

I'm sure you play alot of "patchzergs" in Silver.
Reply Quote
Biased players are biased.
Reply Quote
Who cares about balance when you can improve?
Reply Quote
I remember when I left to play Dota 2 Terran called Imba and Zerg just said L2p you haven't figured out the meta. Whelp, here we are.
Reply Quote
This forum has absolutely almost no people complaining about imbalance. Yet Protoss and Zerg both are mass complaining Terran is imbalanced.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Why are you coming to the Terran thread with this? Stop complaining and figure it out. If Terran is so OP why is it that I have a 70% win rate against them. If you also read our forum in Zerg you will notice that it's the same idiots always crying about it too. Stop !@#$%ing the widow mine is static and take up army supply. I am more than happy to see them as it makes their bio composition that much less DPS.
Reply Quote
Only works on Bio, Widow mine is mech. Learn your facts plz.

No. You are right that Blinding Cloud doesn't affect Widow Mines, but you are wrong about why.

Blinding Cloud does affect mech, that was patched in the beta, and currently there are some players who feel that Blinding Cloud is overpowered against Siege Tanks from mech. This ability just isn't used often enough for the players who usually complain to start complaining about it.

Blinding Cloud doesn't work on Widow Mines because the Widow Mine doesn't have a weapon to attack with. Blinding Cloud works by reducing weapon range. Widow Mines use an ability on a 40 second cooldown.
Reply Quote
Terrans just played through the second half of WoL at complete disadvantages in virtually every stage of the game without perfect micromanagement.

I think most of them will agree HoTS is a vast improvement. It's Toss and Zerg that have to get used to microing vs Terrans for once instead of the other way around.

Low league terrans can literally plop 5 mines down in front of their base and just faceroll turtle the game. Low league zergs do NOT know how to deal with this. Widow mines are the worst edition in the game so far. The low leagues just cannot handle it.

haha 1 ling and a OS.... hmmmm WM have 40 sec cooldown and uncontrollable attack. Way to go noob.
Reply Quote
"turtle all game with mines protecting them"

1. So chill back and expand.

2. Contain their base outside of the natural and mine-line.

3. Build up your army, plop down a !@#$-ton of swarm hosts, and laugh when he can't mass up an army after he mines out his turtle.

Ooooooh, scary difficult!
Reply Quote
Mass muta baneling is a complete pain in the bunz
Reply Quote
Terrans just played through the second half of WoL at complete disadvantages in virtually every stage of the game without perfect micromanagement.

I think most of them will agree HoTS is a vast improvement. It's Toss and Zerg that have to get used to microing vs Terrans for once instead of the other way around.

Low league terrans can literally plop 5 mines down in front of their base and just faceroll turtle the game. Low league zergs do NOT know how to deal with this. Widow mines are the worst edition in the game so far. The low leagues just cannot handle it.

Low league players are just slower is all. They'll figure it out. And Terran was at a huge disadvantage in TvZ low leagues after the months Zerg players spent complaining after WoL launched. I hope Blizzard doesn't do some new jerk patching based off of community feedback this time around.
Reply Quote
I hope Blizzard doesn't do some new jerk patching based off of community feedback this time around.

David Kim has already stated during or after MLG in an interview that they won't be making the same unit update reaction they did in WoL.
Reply Quote
Instead of complaining I come here to theorize methods against certain irritating things. Such as Mutas.

There is no use crying over anything in this game. Every unit and composition can be countered, the trick is finding a viable way to make those counters fit into your game smoothly. This is why this game is awesome because it is always changing, always learning. Once you figure out one style someone else has figured out something else and you need to counter that.

There can honestly be no OP or UP in a game that has hard counters for every unit. You just need to figure out how to get those hard counters out in time.
Reply Quote
Only works on Bio, Widow mine is mech. Learn your facts plz.

Strange, No wonder you arnt being taken seriously, you cant type. :) Enjoy flaming at terrans in OUR Thread.
Reply Quote
people are mad because they can no longer use pure zerglings to do a timing at 6:30 winning the game instantly vs anything that made less than 3 marines before going into hellions. OR if he catches your hellions, then bane busts instantly. people are mad that terran has a unit just like the baneling (widow mine), that can stop large groups of upgraded zerglings (marines) for much less that it costs with good control/positioning

zergs have no idea how imba it was, that in WOL, if we did a bio opening and you took a fast 3rd with speed, we could die instantly trying to punish it, even if it's just to pure zerglings with speed. add in 3-4 banes and it's so easy to crush shields or stim pushes its unreal. now the shoe is on the other foot, and they can't use zerglings to absolutely dominate the the map, to be aggressive, to stop drops and as part of their late game composition. they have to critically think about their unit composition which is nothing new for the other races, but for zergs used to 4sRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in 2 matchups and 4sZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ in the other one, i can see why they're upset.
Reply Quote
people are mad because they can no longer use pure zerglings to do a timing at 6:30 winning the game instantly vs anything that made less than 3 marines before going into hellions. OR if he catches your hellions, then bane busts instantly. people are mad that terran has a unit just like the baneling (widow mine), that can stop large groups of upgraded zerglings (marines) for much less that it costs with good control/positioning

zergs have no idea how imba it was, that in WOL, if we did a bio opening and you took a fast 3rd with speed, we could die instantly trying to punish it, even if it's just to pure zerglings with speed. add in 3-4 banes and it's so easy to crush shields or stim pushes its unreal. now the shoe is on the other foot, and they can't use zerglings to absolutely dominate the the map, to be aggressive, to stop drops and as part of their late game composition. they have to critically think about their unit composition which is nothing new for the other races, but for zergs used to 4sRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR in 2 matchups and 4sZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ in the other one, i can see why they're upset.

* 2 months later * The widow mines Mine now deals 10 damnage and has no splash.
That is a basic recreation of what blizzard does when they see that their precious zerg is getting beaten bad.
Reply Quote
Please keep this forum complaint free 0_o

Keep that to the GD, here, we are trying to have meaningful discussion to help with new builds and such. You say there isn't any complaining on this forum AS YOU MAKE THIS THREAD.

And I haven't seen any QQ from the protoss' side. It's mostly Zerg, who have a right to it almost, given they should be having the toughest time because they are the reactionary race and need to learn more.

This is a bad thread and you should feel bad. So many bites...
Reply Quote
The difference between banelings and widow mines is that banelings die upon impact, are easy to kill, and have a range of zero. Widow mines are ranged, more durable, and do not die once they shoot their wad. Their four second refractory period is not enough time to kill them all when being spammed.

So lets recap.
Not suicide unit // Suicide unit
Ranged // Melee
Durable // Squishy

Which one would you prefer, especially vs. ranged terrans? Conclusion: Widow mine is OP. Oh and I've played 4,000 random games (and zero selected), so don't give me accusations of species bias.
Edited by Lemminkainen on 3/23/2013 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 09:26 AMPosted by JiSooPark
now the shoe is on the other foot,

Except that Widow Mines no longer kill just low level ground units, they also kill Thors with ease and hit Air units with a vengeance. Sorry, but Widow Mines are OP. Toss New air is OP, and Zerg received garbage. (Again, Random guy here, so don't accuse me of species bias).

With the way things are set up in HotS matchmaking you no longer have a "progression" from early to mid to late game. What you have now are people going straight to spam: Reactor produced Reapers and Widow Mines, Oracles and Mothership cores (or straight to mid game Tempests). Have you seen anyone use Swarm Hosts other than the first two days?
Reply Quote
now the shoe is on the other foot,

Except that Widow Mines no longer kill just low level ground units, they also kill Thors with ease and hit Air units with a vengeance. Sorry, but Widow Mines are OP. Toss New air is OP, and Zerg received garbage. (Again, Random guy here, so don't accuse me of species bias).

With the way things are set up in HotS matchmaking you no longer have a "progression" from early to mid to late game. What you have now are people going straight to spam: Reactor produced Reapers and Widow Mines, Oracles and Mothership cores (or straight to mid game Tempests). Have you seen anyone use Swarm Hosts other than the first two days?

Swarm hosts are Op In their own way... Widow mines really arnt OP if you think about it. Mines attack a Single units so if you do it right. You can take out 5 widow mines With 5 Zerglings. Pretty annoying tradeoff.
But i guess the main point of this is.... Blizzard finnaly gave the terran a boost, While In WoL when Our ghost was nerfed to extinction. and then the thor was made apparent a garbage unit. The Zerg were allowed to capitalize on that. Now its our time to capitalize on blizzards mistakes On the zerg....

And on a side note. I am going to enjoy watching Muta/bane/ling !@#$%^s get their asses whooped by widow mines.
Edited by Backspace on 3/23/2013 11:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ghosts were always a little bit useful, if not for nukes. I do agree that their 200/100 cost (is that what it was?) was a little much, and I think you should always have cloak and emp abilities as defaults. Otherwise, yeah, what's the point? At least with snipe + emp you had all your useful micro concentrated into one unit (aside from stim, obv).

Thor was NEVER a garbage unit though. Whatever gave you that idea? Mutas? Yeah, send a group of 30 mutas at 3 thors and witness the lols. Besides, no one unit is a standalone, if you just used a dozen thors backed up by nothing then yeah you could easily get crushed by ling or zealot spam (which is totally legit) or marauder/siege.

Combined arms is usually the way to go. Having said that, when I see people spamming widow mines, and only widow mines, backed up by little or nothing else that should indicate something.

I see you only play Terran though, so perspective wise you're not very balanced. I understand you getting upset about and defending the merits of "your" units, but try to think of things from a multitude of views. You also have 0 games played this season, so....that tells me you have neither used nor gone up against widow mines.
Edited by Lemminkainen on 3/23/2013 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]