No complaining Terrans? Yet all Zerg complain

Problem is terran have been practicing this thing called micro to deal with banelings, high templar, collusus, winfestors. Now that all races have to micro terran is winning because the terran players are better at micro.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Lemminkainen
now the shoe is on the other foot,

Except that Widow Mines no longer kill just low level ground units, they also kill Thors with ease and hit Air units with a vengeance. Sorry, but Widow Mines are OP. Toss New air is OP, and Zerg received garbage. (Again, Random guy here, so don't accuse me of species bias).

With the way things are set up in HotS matchmaking you no longer have a "progression" from early to mid to late game. What you have now are people going straight to spam: Reactor produced Reapers and Widow Mines, Oracles and Mothership cores (or straight to mid game Tempests). Have you seen anyone use Swarm Hosts other than the first two days?

You have 8 games of HotS played and you're making some sweeping generalizations about game balance. How about you play a little bit more before you start talking about balance. My own experience with Zerg and Terran tells me that most low level Zerg players just are just so used to controlling ZvT that losing any map control is now throwing them in a loop.
Reply Quote
Ghosts were always a little bit useful, if not for nukes. I do agree that their 200/100 cost (is that what it was?) was a little much, and I think you should always have cloak and emp abilities as defaults. Otherwise, yeah, what's the point? At least with snipe + emp you had all your useful micro concentrated into one unit (aside from stim, obv).

Thor was NEVER a garbage unit though. Whatever gave you that idea? Mutas? Yeah, send a group of 30 mutas at 3 thors and witness the lols. Besides, no one unit is a standalone, if you just used a dozen thors backed up by nothing then yeah you could easily get crushed by ling or zealot spam (which is totally legit) or marauder/siege.

Combined arms is usually the way to go. Having said that, when I see people spamming widow mines, and only widow mines, backed up by little or nothing else that should indicate something.

I see you only play Terran though, so perspective wise you're not very balanced. I understand you getting upset about and defending the merits of "your" units, but try to think of things from a multitude of views. You also have 0 games played this season, so....that tells me you have neither used nor gone up against widow mines.

I see you did your research. The reason i call the thor bad is because, Its ground attack really isnt that good and its air attack is pretty good. So youve got a mediocre unit. Its kinda like the goliath. but much worse, I wish the goliath was still here, It was fast, it had a good AG And AA Attack, The thor today doesnt have a Goodish AG Attack but it Does have a good AA Attack, But i disagree with the fact of 30 muta vs 3 thors. It depends on the situtation if the thors got magic boxed they would lose.

I Will Refrain from playing Hots Mainly because i main bio and i do not want to have to deal with swarm hosts.
And i also Only play terran because it seems the hardest race to play.

And what raider said is the Complete truth. Zerg have never had to micro before, Now they are complaining about doing real hard work. To me a Gold Terran Is the Equivilent to a High plat Zerg. And that is why zerg are complaining, They are mad that they can no longer do Huge balls of garbage and not kill anymore.
Edited by Backspace on 3/23/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think the game is in a very good spot. I do believe that the medivac needs a bit of a change, but that will come eventually. Only slight changes should be made and the game will be in a very balanced state. Zergs need to learn a lot, especially the Zergs that were "Patch Zergs". Some things may seem overpowered, but that is because people are just unsure how to deal with them. Give it time guys, give it time.
Reply Quote
How can I only have 8 games if I've qualed in 2 leagues? That's at least 10. Pretty sure I have at least 25, and I've been playing Blizz games long enough to know about balance. I also play random so I like to "think" that I'm not biased.

Even with such a "low" number I've both used them and gone up against them so I can see how the dynamic works. I'm not a fool and I don't think you are either; lets not assume each other's ability to analyze complex situations. One fact for sure is that they're used in every game, so that should tell us something.

I still say Mountain Giants need a buff. Spell Breakers need a nerf. Footmen? Those are just right. Eventually we'll get these things right.
Reply Quote
I Will Refrain from playing Hots Mainly because i main bio and i do not want to have to deal with swarm hosts.

And what raider said is the Complete truth. Zerg have never had to micro before, Now they are complaining about doing real hard work....

Why not just play random and experience all? Knowing how I would play in a certain situation with a certain race helps me anticipate what is likely to come against me depending on which race my opponent is and which race I am that he'd like to send units against. Helps build a dynamic mind. Why limit yourself, and furthermore why buy the game only to choose not to play/use it's most engaging features?

The second part of your statement is untrue. A good zerg rusher is always microing, and anyone who's ever played with festers knows that micro is necessary. If you think I'm not microing up in your supply depot/rax while you're trying to build a long wall and crank out the first couple rines you're crazy. And Zerg were always squishy, so micro is a good way of keeping units alive, particularly with roach, hydra and muta, and that goes with targeting and with pulling them out of the line/burrowing for a tad.
Reply Quote

And what raider said is the Complete truth. Zerg have never had to micro before, Now they are complaining about doing real hard work....

Why not just play random and experience all? Knowing how I would play in a certain situation with a certain race helps me anticipate what is likely to come against me depending on which race my opponent is and which race I am that he'd like to send units against. Helps build a dynamic mind. Why limit yourself, and furthermore why buy the game only to choose not to play/use it's most engaging features?

The second part of your statement is untrue. A good zerg rusher is always microing, and anyone who's ever played with festers knows that micro is necessary. If you think I'm not microing up in your supply depot/rax while you're trying to build a long wall and crank out the first couple rines you're crazy. And Zerg were always squishy, so micro is a good way of keeping units alive, particularly with roach, hydra and muta, and that goes with targeting and with pulling them out of the line/burrowing for a tad.

I have tryed zerg and Protoss before. I didnt like zerg because it just sempt Too... How to put this... Easy? No... Like i could max out at 10 minutes in and then lose my entire force and max out in another minute. it just sempt too easy... or macro easy. With protoss i just felt like it was kinda a Really Odd race. It just felt Like Tech was the key and if you didnt get tech you lost.
Reply Quote
And what raider said is the Complete truth. Zerg have never had to micro before, Now they are complaining about doing real hard work. To me a Gold Terran Is the Equivilent to a High plat Zerg. And that is why zerg are complaining, They are mad that they can no longer do Huge balls of garbage and not kill anymore.

Please please, tell us more of your silver league knowledge!
Reply Quote
I think the game is in a very good spot. I do believe that the medivac needs a bit of a change, but that will come eventually. Only slight changes should be made and the game will be in a very balanced state. Zergs need to learn a lot, especially the Zergs that were "Patch Zergs". Some things may seem overpowered, but that is because people are just unsure how to deal with them. Give it time guys, give it time.

this but to bad zerg are to busy crying there little heads off to do so.
Reply Quote
Widow mine 1 shot 40 sec cooldown. You send 1 zergling or 1 zealot and that's it.

What's next ?
Reply Quote
I didn't know the game was balanced based on how low league players play.
Reply Quote
besides, i face widow mines all the time, send 1 marine to get hit by them and then kill em.... besides, you can see the widow mine a few seconds before it shoots and you can easily react stop crying.
Reply Quote
zergplayers just need more time, cause they have to react in proper way to what T and P are doing most of the time.
Reply Quote
protoss is also complaining that zerg is OP... uh oh....
Reply Quote
This forum has absolutely almost no people complaining about imbalance. Yet Protoss and Zerg both are mass complaining Terran is imbalanced.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Well perhaps they have a point in their complaints about balance. Most Terrans here I imagine will, by default dismiss the complaints really only out of sheer bias. Not many players look at / address balance from the other side. - just as they don't take into account how a 'fix' may be great in one matchup but breaks the other.
Reply Quote

I have tryed zerg and Protoss before. I didnt like zerg because it just sempt Too... How to put this... Easy? No... Like i could max out at 10 minutes in and then lose my entire force and max out in another minute. it just sempt too easy... or macro easy. With protoss i just felt like it was kinda a Really Odd race. It just felt Like Tech was the key and if you didnt get tech you lost.

This shows that you're just a bised idiot and that you're lying, no Zerg has ever maxed out that fast. The fastest is 11:51 and it was Stephanos 12 mniute Roach max which is no longer viable. Terran however can max out at 13 minutes with a much stronger army. If Flash can do it than so can every Terran. I bet if you could max out at 13 minutes you would win every single ZvT.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Hunta
If Flash can do it than so can every Terran.

DAMN STRAIGHT
Oh wait didnt life beat flash?
If Life can do it than so can every Zerg.
Reply Quote
03/26/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Azrael
If Flash can do it than so can every Terran.

DAMN STRAIGHT
Oh wait didnt life beat flash?
If Life can do it than so can every Zerg.

Correct, every Zerg can do it. However Flash wasn't playing well at all.
Reply Quote

This shows that you're just a bised idiot and that you're lying, no Zerg has ever maxed out that fast. The fastest is 11:51 and it was Stephanos 12 mniute Roach max which is no longer viable. Terran however can max out at 13 minutes with a much stronger army. If Flash can do it than so can every Terran. I bet if you could max out at 13 minutes you would win every single ZvT.

What part of a Rhetorical and Unstated Statement did you not understand? I clearly was Making up some bs Sentance. Yet you actually thought it was true? My god mon, and you call me the Idiot. And NO DUH IM Lying.
Reply Quote
03/24/2013 05:55 PMPosted by Rdes

Please please, tell us more of your silver league knowledge!

Does the " Nu uh uhn " Voice.

Nope. Im sorry my good fellow, But this turn you dont get to play the leauge card.

Now please. Endulge me in your Gold knowledge

P.S: Apparently i was supposed to be a gold, But... Gotta love blizz'es Incompetence at certain points... Somehow... after 100 wins in a gold leauge i got dropped into silver at the end of season 1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]