StarCraft® II

Cant ladder down?

Placement matches put me in Gold even tho I belong in bronze. So I tanked the last 8 games or so since getting smashed all day isnt my idea of fun but still am 91 Gold. Why?
Reply Quote
It only re-evaluates your league every 25 or so games.
Reply Quote
Try using the Leave League button.

It's located on your ladders page.

Play a new placement lose it and see if it demotes you.
Reply Quote
Honestly, if you placed in gold there's a reason for that. You don't just get lucky. It means that you play at a gold level.
There's no need to lose games on purpose, just play like you normally play and the game's MMR system decides where you belong!
Hope this helped, keep playing :)
Reply Quote
Honestly, if you placed in gold there's a reason for that. You don't just get lucky. It means that you play at a gold level.
There's no need to lose games on purpose, just play like you normally play and the game's MMR system decides where you belong!
Normally I would agree but one of my placement matches was against a higher ranked player who quit as soon as it started.
Reply Quote
If you keep playing within another 20-40 games you should be where you belong.
Reply Quote
As someone trying to use unranked to offrace I feel your pain. Super awesome to be working on race fundamentals and then just get smashed in the face every game over and over and the only answer is "welp, just lose like 40 more games"
Reply Quote
As someone trying to use unranked to offrace I feel your pain. Super awesome to be working on race fundamentals and then just get smashed in the face every game over and over and the only answer is "welp, just lose like 40 more games"
haha purty much. The game is fun but losing repeatedly really kills it. Hell I dont actually mind losing so long as its a good game, not the curb stompings I get.
Reply Quote
Losing is irritating, but dont let it get to you.
If you lose go back and watch the replay to see what you did wrong and improve.
Reply Quote

Nope its a crap shoot. Its trying to guess what league you should be in.
Reply Quote

Not true. I was placed in Silver and ranked up to Gold in 6 win and made it to Plat by my 25th game (14 wins 11 losses).

You can rank down still but it can take a lot. When I tanked from Diamond to Bronze it took 100 games left in a row. And about half a bottle of Sailor Jerry to get the nerve to do it (Looking back it was dumb).
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 12:07 AMPosted by Hyabusa

Not true. I was placed in Silver and ranked up to Gold in 6 win and made it to Plat by my 25th game (14 wins 11 losses).

You can rank down still but it can take a lot. When I tanked from Diamond to Bronze it took 100 games left in a row. And about half a bottle of Sailor Jerry to get the nerve to do it (Looking back it was dumb).

It's true, but when you get downgraded, not promoted.
Reply Quote
@ The OP. Bronze is now the bottom 8% of players instead of 20%. Gold is now at 32% so it's much easier to get into Gold. IF you wanna rank down to bronze drop 40+ games but you really should have faith in your skills to improve instead of running like a coward.
Reply Quote
@ The OP. Bronze is now the bottom 8% of players instead of 20%. Gold is now at 32% so it's much easier to get into Gold. IF you wanna rank down to bronze drop 40+ games but you really should have faith in your skills to improve instead of running like a coward.

This is probably the only good information given to the OP.

The league percentages have been changed. You likely belong in low gold. Just play every game, try and learn what you can to get better and you'll start winning. The ladder does not update your league every 25 games. I have personally moved up and down leagues 6 times in the past 2 months. (Silver, Gold, Silver, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) The games I have played haven't been any harder for me in any of these positions (except the times i was below gold, where some players would be so obviously brand new to SC) though the play has been more consistent. Consistent play will get you into higher leagues, inconsistent play will keep you in Gold, since it's such a large percentage of players now, the tolerance for winning and losing games is slightly higher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]