StarCraft® II

TvZ HELP! Also funny ladder stories!

Ok, so with HotS I'm very confused on how to do TvZ now.

Bio isn't as viable because of the new Ultralisks who can just **@**%## everything I have.

Mech isn't as viable because of Vipers using the blinding cloud, and brood lords (as always).

What do I go? Air? (mutas)

So yeah....

Also, after winning 4/5 Placement matches, I get placed in Bronze, where supposedly "Is supposed to be an area where newer players can learn" -_-

I'm so glad I'm part of the 8% that sucks.
Reply Quote
All are viable. Hots is just the same as WOL, kill zerg before hive tech or the difficulty goes up.

Just because theres a unit that is good against a certain composition doesnt mean the comp isnt viable.

The new thors are pretty good against small numbers of broodlords, not to mention new ravens are good, and vikings as always.

With bio you just need to kite like crazy, also widow mines are still good
Edited by John on 3/24/2013 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All are viable. Hots is just the same as WOL, kill zerg before hive tech or the difficulty goes up.

Just because theres a unit that is good against a certain composition doesnt mean the comp isnt viable.

The new thors are pretty good against small numbers of broodlords, not to mention new ravens are good, and vikings as always.

With bio you just need to kite like crazy, also widow mines are still good

Thanks, I'll be looking into switching to bio/mine.
Or start using mass ravens :P
Reply Quote
Bio mine is the new thing to do in TvZ
Reply Quote
Yeah, bio-mine is great. When I was in beta I was thinking it was going to be new terran meta. Add drilling claws and it's a very good strategy. I'm starting to see the importance of tanks and thors, though, as I've been having more trouble with zerg in HotS.

Since we're talking about funny stories:

1. I was playing this one TvZ in beta and I was taking out one of my opponents expansions. I was stimming so much that my MMM was getting low on health. All of sudden an infestor walks by and throws down the fungal. THEN I stimmed. A second later my entire marine ball died. Talk about a facepalm moment!

2. I played a TvP in where I was going marine/marauder/mine. I was about to charge into the natural when my opponent throws down the photon overcharge. So I waited. And waited. AND WAITED. And I yelled to my screen, "How long is that thing?" All of a sudden my adjudant tells me that my SCVs are under attack. By the time I look over at my base, two oracles were there with a total of 23 kills. I raged and quit.
Reply Quote
Ok, thanks to all of you, now, any TvT tips?
Reply Quote
Pressure early on, 4rax rush push @ 6, if that fails [and as soon as you send rines to opponents base] double gas, upgrade CC- and as soon as you hit 100 gas get factories, sieges, stick on base and gg.

If they roach rush, get bunker[s] and early mines [when they're attacking base whip out a couple banshees] harass their base, should be good from that point on.

>>>And terran, which I've been doing pretty rad against in 1v1, I reccomend avoiding rushes [reaper/rinerush] and get out sieges/vikings followed w/ some bio, and hit 10min[ish]

*kabooom*!!!

Anyways, against Terran, I just devised the NEW way to win!

MASS MARINES FTW!
Edited by ditao on 3/24/2013 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Turtle mech to BC/raven
I don't really know if zerg can even beat an army with like 12+BCs anymore. At least none of the zergs I have played have come close.
I just 1 rax expand into double gas but instead of helions I go widow mines first. This is strictly because most of the zergs I'm facing are going bane busts or some kind of early pressure
Reply Quote
Turtle mech to BC/raven
I don't really know if zerg can even beat an army with like 12+BCs anymore. At least none of the zergs I have played have come close.
I just 1 rax expand into double gas but instead of helions I go widow mines first. This is strictly because most of the zergs I'm facing are going bane busts or some kind of early pressure

0.o... does he expect me to have OP micro?

Whatever, turtling isn't nice...

I'll try it... but not often, especially if he requests I don't turtle.
Reply Quote
Bio-WM, Bio-Tank, and Mech are both viable. Almost anything is viable vZ.
Reply Quote
Bio-WM, Bio-Tank, and Mech are both viable. Almost anything is viable vZ.

Mass Vikings...

I thought so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]