StarCraft® II

Widow Mines Overpowered

Widow mines are seriously over powered for the price and how quickly they are deployable. In my opinion you can leave the single target damage but you need to do something about the splash damage of it. also it should cost "something" to reload even if its 5 or 10 minerals. the unit being able to be build with a reactor coupled with its splash damage makes for an over powerful unit.
Reply Quote
03/23/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Skyrim
Don't they have like a 15-20 second cd?

Reply Quote
1. You want them to cost money to continue firing? I have no problem with this, just as soon as it requires spent money for swarm hosts, infested terrans, DTs, and EVERY OTHER UNIT to cost money just to continue firing.

2. They are literally the first unit that has allowed Terran to have a level game against Muta/Bling/Sling and to hold off early Protoss 1-base pushes without requiring an insane amount of skill.

3. They are easily countered with all sorts of interesting and conventional gameplay. Given that they fire once every 40 seconds, they can be negated by sacrificing singular units, assaulted with AOE / swarm host / infested terran, or just regular play with detection.

They are the only Terran unit that has genuinely changed gameplay and finally put Terran play on equal-grounds with the other races. They're fine as they are. There's a reason TvT hasn't turned into widow-mine armies duking it out.
Reply Quote
How to kill a widow mine with 2 zerglings: 1. send one zergling to set off widow mine. 2. send second zergling to kill it.
Reply Quote
Lol you come to a Terran discussion forum to post this?
Reply Quote
How to kill a widow mine with 2 zerglings: 1. send one zergling to set off widow mine. 2. send second zergling to kill it.

No one thinks widow mines are OP on the battlefield, the 5 minute drops are the issue.
Edited by Nix on 3/24/2013 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
learn how to do something other than blindly amove across the map with no detection at all, noob!
Reply Quote
Widow mines are seriously over powered for the price and how quickly they are deployable. In my opinion you can leave the single target damage but you need to do something about the splash damage of it. also it should cost "something" to reload even if its 5 or 10 minerals. the unit being able to be build with a reactor coupled with its splash damage makes for an over powerful unit.

1. Those two attributes do not make the Widow Mine overpowered. See Hellion, which is not overpowered.

2. Widow Mines do not need a reload cost. You can easily mop them up while they are reloading already.

3. The splash damage of the Widow mine should never be an issue if you have detection or good control.
Reply Quote

2. Widow Mines do not need a reload cost. You can easily mop them up while they are reloading already.

I would be interested in having a "reload cost", but you pay x amount of life to increase the speed of reload (basically stimpack for WMs). So, instead of 40, itd be cut to 20 or something.

Now you'd really hear the Zergs throwing a pitching fit.
Reply Quote
wm is balanced get detec
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]