StarCraft® II

TvP oracle harass?

My winrate vs toss is pretty low 35%. Just about every protoss I play opens up with double gas MSC/stalker harass which is a pain. Then they follow up with an oracle or 2 and decimate my economy.

How do I deal with this?
Reply Quote
I've had problems with this and I often times solve it by placing a turret at the mineral line. It is kinda sad that building engi bay and turrets is an obligation in tvp atm. The other option is of course to try and fix the situation with mines, but once he sees them he'll learn to place the oracle on top of your scvs when harrassing.
Reply Quote
.......My TvP winrate is about 60% in masters.

Heres a recent game basically describing what you faced

http://drop.sc/312734

MSC is really really weak. Double gas that early typically means either DT or Oracle, and with MC doing that crap and all, its pretty popular. just blind build a turret and your good. Standard 10 minute stim timing and its GG
Reply Quote
I open raks fact then expo it sets the timing a bit off but 3 widow mines at start 1 in each min line and 1 at front helps deflect most pressures
Reply Quote
Bunker holds off early ground attack, air turrets or marines in your main will hold off the oracles.
Reply Quote
Typically oracle is proxied so I scout close proxy locations with my first 2 marines every single game. Let's assume 1 rax FE.

If you scout fast double gas, there is a good chance of oracle (unlikely early pressure on the front) so I leave 1 marine in the bunker at the front with a wallin of supply depots. If there is early pressure then the oracles will be delayed and you can leave a few more marines in the bunker. The other marines I leave between my expansion and main and make sure im watching the minimap at that point while macroing. If I see oracles I run the scvs and use my standing army(only marines) and make sure I focus fire the oracles, first game I lost because i didnt focus fire and lost 9 marines to two oracles gg. You should have enough marines considering focus fire and not sending them in small groups to their death.

After confirmation of oracle i build 1 turret per mineral line and do the standard timing as those oracles will head back to the maineral line after you move out howerver some protoss do a 3g stargate allin with 3 oracles which you should be able to scout with a sneaky scv, then you would need a turret at the wallin as well and an extra bunker or two. Proceed to amove win if you deflect it easily.
Edited by bison on 3/23/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Put one or two widow mines in your mineral line then lol when his oracle blows up.
Reply Quote
oracle harass is easily countered as terran, it's a large gas investment for what you actually get for it
Reply Quote
You can deal with it if you scout it, however the amount of work needed to stop it is kind of ridiculous. You even have to semi-blind counter it every game you can't get a good scout off. I really don't understand why Protoss needs something like this so fast.
Reply Quote
You can deal with it if you scout it, however the amount of work needed to stop it is kind of ridiculous. You even have to semi-blind counter it every game you can't get a good scout off. I really don't understand why Protoss needs something like this so fast.

the amount of work? what? Guys i can literally spam tvp game replays for you, every single time i scout 2 gas, check for proxy, find stargate. Build 1 turret per mineral line, and then Amove him because he invested all that gas in a harassment unit. Its not hard to beat. Do the absolute most standard build ever, 1 rax fe 3 rax. If he invested in oracles and didnt do damage, the 10 minute timing will kill him
Reply Quote
Either build a missile turret in each mineral line, or build Widow Mines. You want enough Widow Mines to guard your mineral line (usually 1 or 2), and it is a good idea to keep one near your Marines (not on your Marines) just in case the Protoss player gets it in his head to use the Oracle to weaken your army in a timing push.

15-25 dps is a lot.
Edited by TerranicII on 3/24/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]