StarCraft® II

Who's weaker in super super late game TvP

When all the bases are taken

I going to say terran going to win cus of plantery and more units
Reply Quote
On one hand I want to say Protoss because Terran doesn't really have a gas dump the way Protoss does, but on the other Terran can build 5 or 6 orbital commands and sack a couple dozen SCV's so that Terran can have more units in the army, and use them to be more cost-effective in engagements.

I'd say it's about balanced.
Edited by Fencar on 3/24/2013 6:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Terran also has nukes and EMP. If both players have god like micro, I'd say Terran can do the most.
Reply Quote
if toss has a bank terran will never win
Reply Quote
Seems fairly balanced to me. In the late game is always comes down to who has the better ghost or HT control.

If the toss splits his HT well and gets great storms, the terran army will melt and the toss will usually just push through and kill him.

If the terran gets off really good snipes/EMPs, the protoss army will melt and the terran will usually just push through and kill him.
Reply Quote
Seems fairly balanced to me. In the late game is always comes down to who has the better ghost or HT control.

If the toss splits his HT well and gets great storms, the terran army will melt and the toss will usually just push through and kill him.

If the terran gets off really good snipes/EMPs, the protoss army will melt and the terran will usually just push through and kill him.

I think this is a great answer, i would add that at the highest potential of the races, terran is the strongest because of nukes

assuming two equally powerful economies (with limited resources on each side), terran will eventually begin nuking cannon lines protoss makes to detect ghosts. Cannon lines are being made because in the super super late game, obs are always scanned (a small reason terran has an upper hand)

thus, emps/snipes will always go off.

this is how i have viewed it historically but now with the addition of the tempest to snipe ghosts pre battle, i think things might change
Reply Quote
Late game TvP is impossible for Terran. If you are facing a maxed protoss, you are completely !@#$ed and you simply messed up the game. Might as well GG and start over and remember to put on the pressure early when you have a chance.
Reply Quote
Early game-Terran 2-rax into early timings
-Early to mid game- Protoss 4 gate into 8 gate timings with maybe robo
Midgame-Terran Drops! drops!Drops! we be dropping all day

)
Mid to late-Protoss-templar or colosi seal the deal with lategame
lategame-Protoss same here
(
SUPERlate game-Terran(BCS GHOSTS vikings
Reply Quote
BCs LOL? Vs toss?
Let's do the math!
Void rays + BCs=Terran Tears
Reply Quote
BCs LOL? Vs toss?
Let's do the math!
Void rays + BCs=Terran Tears

And dual yamato per BC at 300 dmg a pop plus EMP = Voids dieing really quick.
Reply Quote
feedback>
Reply Quote
feedback>

EMP
Reply Quote
03/25/2013 01:00 AMPosted by MetalGear
feedback>

EMP

Prismatic Alignment good unit.
Reply Quote
Toss is stronger endgame.

If the terran is going bio, if the toss manages both to get collusus and storm the terran at his best will still come out behind.

If the terran goes mech eventually the toss can build up immortals and archons and just wreck his army.

When I play toss endgame I have 30+ gateways, that means I can warp in a full new army if I have a bank.

It's so easy as a toss to win, if the terran doesn't micro astoundingly and didn't kill you early you win.

Also, there were mentions of pfs and nukes, both those things are as much as a factor as what you ate on sunday for breakfast.
Reply Quote
On one hand I want to say Protoss because Terran doesn't really have a gas dump the way Protoss does, but on the other Terran can build 5 or 6 orbital commands and sack a couple dozen SCV's so that Terran can have more units in the army, and use them to be more cost-effective in engagements.

I'd say it's about balanced.

Ravens

I think with really good control terran with emps,seekers,pdds and yamatos .
Also mass mule calldown for repairs in battle .
So Protoss weaker
Edited by Rocks on 3/25/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ravens aren't actually any good in TvP. You can't fire off HSM's close enough to the Templar to keep them from just running away, causing the HSM's to fizzle out, without getting hit by feedbacks.

As for PDD, storms and Archons are all the AA Protoss needs in the late game. Stalkers are terrible for their cost though they are okay for the supply.

What are you going to repair with the MULEs? Medivacs? Vikings? They don't have enough HP for mass repair. Maybe between battles if there are no SCV's left or barely any, but other than that you may as well use SCV's to repair in between battles.
Edited by Fencar on 3/25/2013 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I feel like it becomes 10x harder to kill a Protoss lategame. With chargelots, 5-6 collosi, sentries, HT's, and even archons, it's hard to find something that isn't just A-Move. Not saying that's a bad thing, but really, how can you micro that other then "Pull back" micro.

It feels like a huge micro fest for the MMMVG Terran and if you miss an EMP then your in a world of hurt as ONE storm landing ruins your day and can instantly end the game 0_o

Though I feel like if the Terran really built up for the endgame with PF's, bunkers everywhere, supply depots blocking zealots, and was attempting to drop everywhere, you could pull it off much easier.

Edit: And so much f'ing AOE it hurts me soul.
Edited by Chaz on 3/25/2013 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Def gonna have to go with terran being stronger here. Ya Protoss is easier - a-click storm storm storm - warp in 20 zlots while the terran is microing his brains out, but if the terran micro's well AND chooses a good engagement he should be way more cost efficient and stay ahead/win the battle.

I think the main problems ppl have are
1 - They fck up the micro
2 - Win a late game battle then think they can just go stim a-move the toss base to victory.....news flash.... you most likely can't unless you are wayyyy ahead.
3. Engage in the stupidest place (choke, bottom of a ramp, into 7 canons....etc) or they don't see the toss coming and all the units are clumped up or can't micro fast enough. Then wonder why they loss and blame it on toss a-move
4. Behind in upgrades or don't have enough vikings/ghosts and get rolled.

The only thing I haven't really faced a lot is a mix of tempests but that pretty much sums things up
Edited by urNumb on 3/25/2013 3:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
terran end game army is the best, just need to use it right but since 90% of u is in the lower league i'd say protoss has the best end game army

reason? u guys don't dodge storms

u guys suck at making a concave

u guys suck at choosing battles/engagement

macro sucks balls -.-

and u lower leagues suck at using ghosts n nukes
Edited by iChobo on 3/25/2013 3:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Protoss because splash damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]