StarCraft® II

You Were Dropped!

Awesome. First game of the day today and I get dropped.

Thanks for the Support Blizzard, Good to know you guys are actively trying to figure out this issue.

This is so tiresome, and frustrating. This issue is making this incredible game completely unplayable from a multiplayer stand point.
Edited by Ponji on 4/8/2013 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
0 Tim-PC.ARRIS [192.168.2.3]
20/ 100 = 20% |
1 --- 100/ 100 =100% 80/ 100 = 80% 10.109.0.1

It's an Arris WTM652G

Have your pathpings changed since you last posted them? Were you able to try a different modem?

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'
Reply Quote
Reran the pathpings just now, and I'm still getting 20% packet loss.

Going to exchange my modem and rerun them later tonight. Velnrak, if you don't mind, check back here tomorrow morning :D
Reply Quote
Been having the same problems as you guys-will post trace route/pathpings later maybe. GUess Ill be playing campaign for now...
Reply Quote
After swapping modems with my ISP, I reran the pathpings to the US IP's and came up with perfect pathpings - 0% dropped, 100% transmitted. I can post those logs later when I get back home...

I played a few games last night and didn't have any problems, but that doesn't mean the issue has been solved. I will updated accordingly as new information becomes available.

Velnrak - Do you still want the pathpings even though they ran to completion with 0% dropped?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If there's 0% loss on all hops, there's no need to post it.
It's an Arris WTM652G

Is the new modem the same model?

'Look at flesh. See only potential. Strands, sequences, twisting, separating, joining. See how it could be better. Eat flesh, splinter bone. Inside me, can touch it. Weave it. Spin it... Make it great.'
Reply Quote
Well glad to be back, I have come to the conclusion on my end that it has something to do with my NetGear N600 router... if I straight connect the modem to my Desktop, I seem to run just fine. But being I'm not the only one living here I have to fix this problem... I've basically opened my router to everything that would imaginably be useful to running games... I still don't know why it's only SC II that this is happening with... idk and if people are using different routers than I then I really don't know what the heck to think.... But as of now I can play if i'm the only one home.... which isn't very often... So here lies the problem (imo of course) there is something between the servers and the firewalls in the routers that make the packets drop like rocks from the sky... (or pennies from heaven) so I've completely opened the router and there isn't anything else I can do to it to make it any more public than taking off the PW which isn't gunna do anything anyhow, so some ideas would be helpful. I am thinking of picking up a new Linksys router because from what I under stand cisco roxorz boxorz so that's where I am on my end i'm sick of looking and looking for answers and ps if you have a netgear router that is more than 90 days old you can forget getting anything out of them, I tried and I had an easier time getting blood from a turnip, water from rocks... what ever you want it to be I would strongly advise not to use Netgear products if you plan to do any serious online gaming... imo of course... Talk to you soon... as long as I can come back that is ~.^
Reply Quote
Well from what I hear NetGear is just awful with gaming, but yet this is the only game I've had problems with, if I knew what that deal breaker was, idk like a certain thing about a game to look for that would let me know that my router won't work with it cuz of firewalling, bandwidth, or some other crazy stuff like that. I just know I'm going to get an answer here, a new router, or just quit playing blizzard games all together, I've done WoW and D3 and I just can't bare to lose SC II (never had in issue in either other game) But we'll see what happens :P

Hey Nithilus, I also have the N600 router and am having this problem. I've already posted in this forum with the exact same problem. I ran pathpings etc and found to be a packet loss problem as well. I am not sure what is wrong, I still haven't tried just the modem.

But yes, I'm almost 99% sure that if you direct link your modem to your computer you will be able to play unscathed. But if you do find a setting that will allow you to use you router in the network PLEASE let me know.
Edited by Nithilus on 4/11/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So my question is why can I play D3, WoW, WoL, and a newer game called Tera with no issues but when it comes to HotS I can't use my router? This is the question I've wanted answered all along... this is the whole reason I'm still in this thread, is because I NEED to know why it's just HotS that has an issue with my router...
Reply Quote
If there's 0% loss on all hops, there's no need to post it.
It's an Arris WTM652G

Is the new modem the same model?

Current Modem/Router combo unit is a Motorola Surfboard SB6120
Reply Quote

Current Modem/Router combo unit is a Motorola Surfboard SB6120

Hmm I haven't had a chance to try with just the modem yet. I just looked at mine though and I have the same model Motorola Surfboard SB6120. I've come to the conclusion that the problem is with the N600 router or one of the settings. You said that you weren't having problems anymore Ponji?

So what I did was I used the suggestions that Nith found from the EU forums first. (they're on page 2-3?), and that didn't help.

I exchanged my modem (which also doubles as a wireless router, though i'm hard wired into the back of it) from the Arris to the Motorola.

So far, I've been able to play a few games with out issues. I wouldn't, however, go so far as to say the issue has been solved, because I haven't played enough games to justify ''problem solved''. Like I said before, I'll update as I can.

My suggestion for CableOne users: Exchange your modem, if you still get drops w/o the router.

If it's your router, buy a new one. Expensive, yes, but all hobbies are.
Reply Quote
Well I've been of for a while and it seems that there really is just to update the router, but I haven't yet and not sure if I will just because I've lost all interest in "Trying" to play this game, sucks because it was fun to play with my bud, but now we both play Tera and I find that we're having more fun doing that than "trying" to play this game. So I hope you all have found answers through this thread but I'm done "trying" I've done so much research into solving this issue it might as well been a part time job... any how I hope the best for you all glhf ^.^
Reply Quote
I have a linksys E1200 and it happens to me while I'm still connected to the internet. Only game that does it.

Bnet 2.0 guys.
Reply Quote
i got the same issue. I play from eu and got the router with all ports open and so...
I use to play a mod called starbattle and the whole comunity is getting dc often, sometimes ingame sometimes on load screen. Is also a rated mod so really anoying to lose games due teammates drop or just due getting drop.
Reply Quote
Well, it happens to me in ranked often, pretty irritating.
Reply Quote
Same problem here for the past 3 or 4 days.

Sometimes I can play 3 or 4 games in a row before the problem pops out, but other times it´s just far worse. For example, I just played four 1vs1 games and in three of them I got dropped.

For what I can see, several people have the same issue. Any comment on this, blue guys? Because I'm getting very frustrated - sucks to lose like that.

PD: Not 100% sure here, but I believe it only happens in 1vs1 games (I play mostly 1v1 and 4v4, and so far I think no problem when playing the later). Can anyone share info about this?

I hope we are not facing a new kind of hack/cheat...
Reply Quote
Having the same issue. Really frustrating. Happens in all game types, 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s, and 4v4s, but I'm not gonna take the time to mess with my router just to play one game. I have no issues with any other game I have, including other Blizzard titles. What's up, Blizz? What's the deal here?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]