StarCraft® II

[Bug] Terrazine Stuck At 0

My map uses terrazine as a resource, and the player's terrazine has been stuck at 0 since updating for Heart of the Swarm. I use the give player resource function, and it does nothing - the player's terrazine will not, in any way, change from 0.

Other resources, however, work fine.
Reply Quote
Bump. Same problem. Triggers and data both function improperly. To add some detail:
When using modify player effect to add 1 Terrazine, i get 1 mineral. When I subtract 1 Terrazine, I lose 1 Vespene.

When using trigger to set player Terrazine to 1000. I have 1000 minerals AND 338 Vespene.
Reply Quote
I had an issue with the display of resources, I had to remove something that was added when the game was updated. Its like they changed the resource ui and links, but didn't properly update it for custom maps that already exist.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7979898128

not the same thing that carter discribed though
Reply Quote
Yes, I have this problem too. When I add Terrazine through triggers, for some reason, it gets switched to minerals and gas.

I used it a lot as an alternative energy source for certain spells (along with the "Custom Resource" resource too).

I need Terrazine for my map (I use everything I can), and if Blizzard can fix this, that'd be appreciated.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
I found where to fix it.
In the Data Editor you can find Gameplay settings, When you go from Liberty to HOTS there is a conversion table for the different resources. For my Terrazine it says..

Terrazine = 1 mineral .3332 Vespene 0 Terrazine and 0 Cutom.

I would assume by changing this to 0 0 1 0 it would fix the problem.
Edited by Zalos on 4/18/2013 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the post :) .

That seems to be the answer ! Thanks :). I'll try changing it and I'll post to see if it works later. It's kind of weird that it's set like that by default now though but regardless, it's good we can have Terrazine back !
Reply Quote
Hope that worked for you, It sure didn't work for me. Terrazine still locked at 0 and cannot be influenced even after those changes.
Reply Quote
Ahh I see :(. I didn't get to try the changes yet (I will sometime later).

Hopefully we can see if Blizzard knows about this issue and can fix it.

I use both Terrazine and Custom Resource sort of as a 2nd and 3rd energy bar for units for one of my maps (it works out really well).

Not only that, in other maps it's also handy in general to have more resource types to use. Extra resources are neat and allows more flexibility in making maps (Left 2 Die, one of Blizzard's official custom maps, uses one of the extra resources for the upgrades in that map).

I really like Terrazine and I hope it gets back to working again.
Reply Quote
Bumping this, also/still having this issue and this is the main result via Google.
Edited by Kishkuma on 5/26/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here
Reply Quote
Developer
Sorry for the inconvenience. This issue appears to be fixed in an upcoming patch. Thanks for reporting it.
Reply Quote
Hey Tyrran,
This seems to fix the problem:

In the Data Editor you can find Gameplay settings, When you go from Liberty to HOTS there is a conversion table for the different resources. For my Terrazine it says..

Terrazine = 1 mineral .3332 Vespene 0 Terrazine and 0 Cutom.

I would assume by changing this to 0 0 1 0 it would fix the problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]