StarCraft® II

*Flips a Table*

So since I'm back into SC2 I figure I'd hammer out some long neglected Cheevs - such as the Hard Difficulty one for "Welcome to the Jungle". Doing awesome at it - really awesome. My 3M Bioball (Marine, Marauder, Medic) is tearing the Protoss apart...and then I get cocky and decide "Why not just knock out the Protoss from the map all together?"

32 minutes of my life wasted because I got cocksure and didn't even save before I threw my army away.

Gah!

Sorry, needed to vent.
Reply Quote
The same thing happened to my Hydra Roach army in 'Shoot the Messenger'. Was Brtual though, ended up letting the LAST ship through :(
Reply Quote
Flip a table on the Protoss army.
Reply Quote
The same thing happened to my Hydra Roach army in 'Shoot the Messenger'. Was Brtual though, ended up letting the LAST ship through :(

Just mass mutas with the armor damage upgrade instead. I got the mastery cheevo doing the mission on brutal, and it was hella-easy. Use auto-extractors and vespene efficiency, grab the 2nd base immediately, and you should have enough gas to get a ridonkulous muta ball in no time.
Reply Quote

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ‚♀‚ꜝ ‚♀‚ ‚♀‚ ‚♀‚ ‚♀‚
Reply Quote
03/29/2013 10:09 PMPosted by Gehirn

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ‚♀‚ꜝ ‚♀‚ ‚♀‚ ‚♀‚ ‚♀‚

I approve of this.

Got past the mission on the very next go, this time not being insane and trying for a Map Clear and just getting Map Control and protecting my SCVs.

Now, onto the next cheevs - taking out all the trains and blowing up buildings with a giant mining laser.
Reply Quote
AAAAAAAARGH!

Trying to shoot for the "Kill 50 Buildings" Achievement, and the Tal'darim are seriously pissing me the hell off. Nonstop waves of Colossi and Archons. I can't find time to ^*@%ing breath, let alone try to take the fight to one of their bases!
Reply Quote
03/31/2013 07:25 AMPosted by Rust
Trying to shoot for the "Kill 50 Buildings" Achievement, and the Tal'darim are seriously pissing me the hell off. Nonstop waves of Colossi and Archons.

Finally did it yesterday! Troops will just melt in front of the Protoss bases, don't waste the time.

What worked for me: fly a Barracks or any other flying unit to the right upper corner of the map, right above the temple that's getting drilled. Use them to get vision from high ground and use the LaserDrill to shoot cannons first, then the other buildings. Destroying a structure will cause a probe to rewarp that, so you can shoot it again, while building, still counts to the achievement.

Important: you WANT the Archons and Colossi to keep coming, kill everything (including Stalkers, Immortals, Zealots...), the more you keep the LaserDrill from shooting that door, the more time you'll have to accomplish he achievement.

GL HF o/
Reply Quote
Floating raxs trick works really well. Cloaked ghosts messes with the pathing.
Reply Quote
Another one to learn MMM isn't answer to everything :D

I wiped that base clear on brutal, but I had tanks and vikings at that point, so wasn't too hard.
Reply Quote
I waited until I got the Scanner Sweeper, and blasted the buildings with the laser drill. You can only get 1 or 2 buildings per scan but you dont have to worry having a mobile army and defending your base
Reply Quote
Welcome to the jungle with a laser drill? Facinating :D

BTW, on The Dig, you don't have to wait for Scanner Sweap, just fly the barracks over to gain vision and target their flyers and stalkers with laser first. Or put a medium sized MM ball to defend the rax, but don't actually attack the base with it, or you'll aggro the entire base on yourself, which will most likely wipe you on brutal.
Reply Quote
I didn't say you had to, that's just another option. :P
Reply Quote
"Fly a barracks"

How the !@#$ do you guys think of this? Thats great, now I know how to do it.

I always do that mission early on because it makes sense from the story standpoint but this means im always missing the units that could help me get spots like aircraft.
Reply Quote
I think you actually can not build starports during that mission. But ghosts do work, if you manage to clean up the cannons.
Reply Quote
"It's so easy" is the second hardest achievement behind "Aces High." What I ended up doing was flying my Command Center up the right side and gathering from four altars at once. At the very end, the command center and the last SCV were the only two objects I had left on the map. Ten more seconds and I would have been completely wiped out.
Reply Quote
"It's so easy" is the second hardest achievement behind "Aces High." What I ended up doing was flying my Command Center up the right side and gathering from four altars at once. At the very end, the command center and the last SCV were the only two objects I had left on the map. Ten more seconds and I would have been completely wiped out.

Try my way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t46c8CTpMFg
Reply Quote
^ Impressive.

Your brutal playthrough of "All In" is just masterful.
Edited by Torloch on 4/28/2013 2:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Hell, no! I've completed All In on brutal without using artifact even once (just wanted to see if it's possible). On the other hand, achievements like "Blitzkrieg", or "Ragnarok & Roll" are much harder.
Reply Quote
I did the masters of the universe cheevo, where you don't let a unit die in the rip-field..ending screen confirmed I did it, yet no achievement...considering I had gotten it by the skin of my teeth, I was rather upset.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]