StarCraft® II

Campaign is so BAD, I don't want to finish it

Please accept reality deniers. If the story was great it would have acclaim like any really good video game story. Instead discussion is filled with those who hated it and those who deny it was terrible.

Frankly if you are defending a story that is between terrible and not terrible then you already lost.

I liked story of hots there were plenty plotholes but if you know lore from WoL BW or Books you will be fine.

Continue with your denying.
Reply Quote
mallard you are on of those haters that I am talking about you cannot force me to like or dislike something so go crawl somewhere ... thank you

just looking at quick history of your posts you hate everything about SC2 so you should go I am not even sure why are you here if you hate it? go away no one wants you on SC2 forums
and I am flagging you for trolling.

You cannot force me or anyone else opinion what do you think you are?

I will remember hots story for years just for last 2 cinematic if nothing else your arguments are invalid bye troll
Edited by Riel on 4/9/2013 11:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I know you think that story writing is subjective but it is not. No one remembers some random novel written in 1870 but War and Peace is a house hold name. HotS is just bad story writing plain and simple. Accept it, acknowledge it and move on.
Reply Quote
maybe you should move on from SC2 if you find it horrible you already left your feedback here and now you are only trolling you should leave forums permanently as you have nothing constructive to say only thing you do is forcing YOUR opinion on other people.

thats enough of circle jerking for one day from me. now I will stick to lore discussions and ignore haters

I am willing to discuss both positives and negatives of story but I disagree when someone comes here and say that story is horrible without reasons and dont have anything constructive. Only that they did not like it and then force it as FACT using arguments that BW was better or I dont want to read novels even when they are prequels that explain a lot because I am too lazy to read.

It's only game and good one not excellent or best but pretty damn good it ties nicely to novels and previous games but it got flaws.
Edited by Riel on 4/10/2013 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/09/2013 12:48 PMPosted by DaveDroid
You are saying a lot of things. And most of them sound incredibly stupid.

Oh yes I am the one who is naive just because I don't listen to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories. The poll stands on its own and shows that even the elite and the critical folks at TL think the story was decent and much better than wings. The rest of the review sites are even more glowing.

Oh and you were supposed to verify your claim that "a great many people dislike HOTS" when is that coming?

On a another note you sound either incredibly childish or incredibly ignorant in this argument. The former can be forgiven, the latter not.

flame flame flame , You yourself commented (spammed insults like the raging kid you are) in tens of topics saying hots was bad story wise (go check your beloved holy forum of TeamLiquid , many people over there said that themselves) , flame flame flame
Reply Quote
maybe you should move on from SC2 if you find it horrible you already left your feedback here and now you are only trolling you should leave forums permanently as you have nothing constructive to say only thing you do is forcing YOUR opinion on other people.

It's kind of hard for people who actually cared about something to see it trashed , like they did with starcraft's story in Hots

04/09/2013 11:38 PMPosted by Riel
I am willing to discuss both positives and negatives of story but I disagree when someone comes here and say that story is horrible without reasons and dont have anything constructive.

Nobody is going to waste time with you , making you a 20000 page text , explaining why Hots is bad . And to be honest ... it's not even needed , Hots looks like a cartoon for kids and this is obvious as daylight , an obvious thing many people don't want to see (they are ready to get over what for them is a minor problem , tho many other people can't accept the unprecedented level of bad story writing)

ps : Riel ,you are the one flaming , not Mallard
Edited by HardCore on 4/10/2013 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
he forces his opinion on me ? that I am ignorant if I dont accept FACT? that hots is bad but I am one flaming right ...
If you cant make arguments or dont want then sorry but you sound like fool

I like where SC 2 is heading and I dont see story ruined I also read every book that came out in past 10 years so I know that story would go like this. If you cannot accept that fact its fine but dont force your opinion that all that I ask ... you cannot call other people that they are in denial just because they disagree with your point of view.

while I dont agree with DaveDroid on how he present himself and how aggressive / vulgar he is. He got few points that are right. and unfortunately in those 8 pages this topic degraded to pure hate, flaming cirlejerk and it feels even worse than something on /b/

Edit: double post wtf is wrong with bnet today
Edit2: dont even bother to reply because I am not going to read it as I already know what are you going to write. but I really liked OP post and his replies on previous pages too bad that this topic is degraded to 4chan lvl ... sorry OP
Edited by Riel on 4/10/2013 1:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Riel
Edit2: dont even bother to reply because I am not going to read it as I already know what are you going to write.

I don't like ignoring people ^^

Edit: double post wtf is wrong with bnet today

ohh the horror

04/10/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Riel
he forces his opinion on me ? that I am ignorant if I dont accept FACT? that hots is bad but I am one flaming right ...

you are seriously over reacting
the rest is ur opinion and you seem so convinced about it , nothing anybody in the world would say or do would matter , so yeah
Reply Quote
Where are your numbers on the HOTS story? Still waiting on "large amount of people dislike HOTS" proof.

Put up or shut up.

As I said , I'm not going to bother linking you tens of topics that include tens of people agreeing . First of all , because I don't feel like turning this into a 20 page discussion with a person which has only one thing to say ,,you are 12 *flame*flame*flame* you are 12 *flame*flame*flame*
Second ... I saw somebody link you some similar threads , Didn't matter , you still moaned and flamed disregarding them , so yeah , not gonna bother ^^

The majority say the same thing in every review site such as Amazon.com.

HaHa , anyone reading this , please google ,,Heart of the swarm story review'' and knock yourself out .

Amazon.com.

Lmao , ofc the people selling the game say it's perfect , it's supper , it's amazing .

*this is the part i call you naive and you go red and start spamming insults again :p*
Reply Quote
10's of topics in the forum. 10s of people agreeing. Is that all you got?

obvious lie - care level 0

I don't think you know how amazon reviews work kid. Its ok, ask your parents and they will explain to you how it works.

Dave: shows the naivety of a child ----> calls me a kid for not letting him ignore something very obvious , aww Dave you grow so redundant
Edited by HardCore on 4/10/2013 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Dave,

You know, calling many people who disagree with you 'kid' or 'ADD teenager' just shows that you either are one or have a similar mentality.

What's the point of raging on a forum, anyway? I respect those who think that the HotS story was OK or good -- that is their opinion. I will not flame them for it. I also respect those who think otherwise. If you have a minority, as you classify everyone who doesn't think that HotS was a good story, why not let that minority voice an opinion? Perhaps Blizzard will listen and make the LotV story even BETTER, benefiting you as well.
Edited by Aerfally on 4/10/2013 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Perhaps Blizzard will listen and make the LotV story even BETTER, benefiting you as well.

It is possible but it's also possible that the minority would push things in a direction the majority don't want. If they are in fact the minority and the majority. For example. I've seen some people complain about Kerrigan as a hero unit. I quite enjoyed using her as a hero unit and would enjoy directing her again. So I'm going to support that game mechanic whenever someone else complains about it. I'll argue that making active use of Kerrigan's abilities and carefully directing her actions gave me a greater sense of being in the battle rather then moving a pack of ten hydrolisk or forty zerglings at once.

I would say a better example of complaints making something worse though came from Mass Effect 3. Some people complained that Shepard never appears to lose in a battle. Some argued for some argued against. Well those who argued for got what they wanted and KaiLing or however you spell his name managed to win. They were quite a few people very unhappy with this even those who had argued for Shepard to lose for different reasons.
Edited by Inprea on 4/10/2013 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree , Kerrigan hero unit mechanics were enjoyable and this was one of the things that made hots better
Reply Quote
04/10/2013 08:07 AMPosted by Inprea
Perhaps Blizzard will listen and make the LotV story even BETTER, benefiting you as well.

It is possible but it's also possible that the minority would push things in a direction the majority don't want. If they are in fact the minority and the majority. For example. I've seen some people complain about Kerrigan as a hero unit. I quite enjoyed using her as a hero unit and would enjoy directing her again. So I'm going to support that game mechanic whenever someone else complains about it. I'll argue that making active use of Kerrigan's abilities and carefully directing her actions gave me a greater sense of being in the battle rather then moving a pack of ten hydrolisk or forty zerglings at once.

I would say a better example of complaints making something worse though came from Mass Effect 3. Some people complained that Shepard never appears to lose in a battle. Some argued for some argued against. Well those who argued for got what they wanted and KaiLing or however you spell his name managed to win. They were quite a few people very unhappy with this even those who had argued for Shepard to lose for different reasons.

Agreed on mechanics. I think that the mechanics were excellent - directing Kerrigan was a lot of fun.
Edited by Aerfally on 4/10/2013 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Kerrigan was a lot of fun, but by the end of the game she made things really stupidly easy. I really wish they'd toned her down a bit, or at least included enemies that countered her in regards to difficulty that could rein her in a bit.

Also the fact beyond a few missions, she could be killed with little to no consequence made her very aggressive to use.
Edited by Rust on 4/10/2013 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Where are your numbers on the HOTS story? Still waiting on "large amount of people dislike HOTS" proof.

Put up or shut up.

As I said , I'm not going to bother linking you tens of topics that include tens of people agreeing . First of all , because I don't feel like turning this into a 20 page discussion with a person which has only one thing to say ,,you are 12 *flame*flame*flame* you are 12 *flame*flame*flame*
Second ... I saw somebody link you some similar threads , Didn't matter , you still moaned and flamed disregarding them , so yeah , not gonna bother ^^

People tend to complain if they hated a game or some particular media. The response isnt as strong if they like the story. After all, how much more would you have to say besides that you liked it? However, if you hated it, you'd be able to talk about every second of the movie and how much you hated that second.

04/10/2013 07:07 AMPosted by Aerfally
If you have a minority, as you classify everyone who doesn't think that HotS was a good story, why not let that minority voice an opinion?

Nobody is stopping anyone else from voicing thier opinion.

I wouldnt be so sure about that. What some people want to happen, other people do not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]