StarCraft® II

Calling All Writers

I had an idea while eating, why doesn't someone do a crossover story of Starcraft and Halo? So the challenge is to write the best Halo/Starcraft story possible, bonus points for a sword fight between Zeratul and the Arbiter (the one from Halo obviously,) winner gets bragging rights and my eternal respect.
Reply Quote
Oh god yes. I can't, but I agree.
Starcraft would win though, due to better and stronger technology. Zeratul has Psionic powers, remember?
Reply Quote
It would still be fun to read though
Reply Quote
Preview:

Jim Raynor scowls.

"Mengsk is up to something."

Matt shakes his head. "We shouldn't have trusted him. He's going to turn out just like his father."

The lone man stood atop a hill, staring into the sky. He watched the flames dance in the heavens to celebrate the ruin of the United Nations. Death and fire were all that remained for any who opposed the enemy.

They had come swiftly, innumerably. The Terrans on this world had no chance. Perhaps it was best they fell before they became what they were destined to, a broken parody of the UNited Earth DIrectorate.

He could make out the sounds of the propaganda blimps: "Rejoice, citizens! The Dominion has come! All hail to Emperor Valerian Mengsk!"

The man sighs in grief and confusion. Such a short while ago everything had seemed to work out. Now his ship was gone, his loyal first officer dead, and his hopes shattered. There seemed little left to live for.

But there was one thing.

He had fought tyrants for years, and these people needed someone to lead them. Perhaps he could be that someone.

Swearing vengeance on the new Mengsk, Jim Raynor made his way slowly towards the ruined city.
Reply Quote
Great story so far.
Reply Quote
still waiting
Reply Quote
Zerg try to assimilate the Flood, or Covenant = Large amounts of various essences.
Edited by DarkZelot on 4/2/2013 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is what google and youtube are for. :D
Reply Quote
The only way I would do it is if you guys were okay with me not touching any main characters. I hate doing that.

I feel like the story gets cheesy when you start dropping lines for Jim Raynor and making him do things everybody knows he wouldn't do, etc, etc.
Reply Quote
making him do things everybody knows he wouldn't do

Primary challenge of fan created fiction. DIfficult to adhere to character standards. Test of skill.
Reply Quote
04/02/2013 01:54 PMPosted by KnarledOne
making him do things everybody knows he wouldn't do

Primary challenge of fan created fiction. DIfficult to adhere to character standards. Test of skill.

The problem is, only the creator of Jim Raynor knows what he would do, not a fan. You have to live and breath your characters and know WAAYY more about them then the fan's ever know. You have to know the character's thought patterns, sleeping habits, etc. All things that can/could possibly contribute to certain lines of dialog or hasty actions.

So, I guess it is potentially possible, I still find it annoying to read when the first line is Jim Raynor saying or doing something the (fanfic)writer has no idea he would do.

To support my argument, it would be like if I tried to write a "fanfic" on you. Although I can do my best to mimic your behavior, I will never, EVER be able to nail exactly what you will be thinking and when because only the writer(or in this case, you) knows those details.

(Edit's in parenthesis for clarity)
Edited by ThaneKrios on 4/2/2013 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
everybody knows he wouldn't do

Exact precision unnecessary. Only believable imitation. Even if character reaction would be otherwise, if readers unable to distinguish, story is successful.
Edited by KnarledOne on 4/2/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why not make a new set of heros? You can still combine the two series together without touching any of the main charas themself.
Reply Quote
Why not make a new set of heros? You can still combine the two series together without touching any of the main charas themself.

My thoughts exactly.

Exact precision unnecessary. Only believable imitation. Even if character reaction would be otherwise, if readers unable to distinguish, story is successful.

My point is, even if the readers are unable to distinguish it, it's still not the same.
Edited by ThaneKrios on 4/8/2013 3:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe charas similar too say Kerrigan or Jim or if you really want their kid. It is very possible too put that type of possibility in without messing with old heros and charas. And you can than mix it without trying too have too explain a million different things as well. And you ThaneKrios I so want too be your friend lol. I need a writing buddy.
Reply Quote
Master Chief is groveling over the loss of Cortana.

Entity Seven comes into the picture in the form of Cortana.

Master Chief, in his maddening grief, believes "Cortana" is alive and well.

PEW PEW PEW! Flood gets whooped! Prometheans get whoop! The loyalist covenant gets whooped!

BUT!

*DRUMROLL*

The Hybrids appear in Earth space after devouring everyone in the Koprulu Sector!

Master Chief owns them all because he's the !@#$%^- Master Chief!

It was all simulation played out by Entity Seven as it begins to reach the end of its Rampancy cycle. Entity Seven reaches the Metastable stage and kills everyone in PKA.

FIN
Reply Quote
Should I even ask?
Reply Quote
Should I even ask?

Well smylez was the only one who sent in a story, so no one else really has much right to criticize it in my opinion
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]