Props to Blizz for the Believe In Me scene

04/12/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Gehirn
What do you mean he didnt? He seemed pretty interested in it after he saw the prophecy missions.

Ah, but can it be said that the prophecies influenced his decisions in the end?

In the words of Matt Horner:

Honestly, if we had to face her again, I don't know what he'd do.

And that was before she retired from her most hated form as the original Queen of Blades, and (if memory serves) before Zeratul's prophecy missions.

I believe it was before the prophecy missions, but the thing about her becoming the queen of blades again is that she did it willingly. That sort of brings into question who she is in raynor's eyes. He was probably thinking "what was the point of saving you?". He was probably thinking it was better to kill her.
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Brathearon
I believe it was before the prophecy missions, but the thing about her becoming the queen of blades again is that she did it willingly. That sort of brings into question who she is in raynor's eyes. He was probably thinking "what was the point of saving you?". He was probably thinking it was better to kill her.

That's quite a good point. But why he chickened out? Hmm...

I'll still vote for heart over head. She opened up to him and freed him even if she became everything he tried to save her from. I don't think he could of ended her life there with or without the prophecy.

Of course it might be different if they were both on bad terms and she was running towards him with a meat cleaver :P
Reply Quote
04/12/2013 11:11 AMPosted by DaveDroid
I'll still vote for heart over head.

Most likely a mix of both.

It still was during the prison break cutscene. That was why he couldn't pull the trigger on her head.
Reply Quote
Of course it might be different if they were both on bad terms and she was running towards him with a meat cleaver :P

I agree, and I think he realized she wasn't quite what she was before. He's pissed, ashamed, but not hateful or vengeful. He's ashamed because despite her laundry list of crimes, she was given a second chance, a chance that few people would deserve, and she quite possibly has thrown it away. He may not understand that this is maybe the only way for her to stop Amon (recall Zeratul's direction to go to Zerus in the first place...) so to him, whatever she has done dishonors the people who died by her hand and who died to restore her humanity. I think he realized she's not a monster deep down, but invoking the memory of Fenix gets the point across that she's done great evil when given great power, and she's taken an awful risk by assuming the role again.
Reply Quote
And I imagine that somewhere along the line, he has realized (or if not, will realize) that she went through this transformation because she thought he was dead, and had nothing else to live for but revenge.
Reply Quote
And I imagine that somewhere along the line, he has realized (or if not, will realize) that she went through this transformation because she thought he was dead, and had nothing else to live for but revenge.

You don't know that. Remember, back at the Umojan facility, Kerrigan said until Mengsk dies, the two of them can't be together. But I don't think at that moment, Kerrigan was willing to go ANY length for revenge...
Reply Quote
I thought the "With Friends Like These" scenes were better. That's the kind of story Blizzard should be throwing in more often. The "Believe in Me" cinematic was just hookey and corny.
Reply Quote
I thought the "With Friends Like These" scenes were better. That's the kind of story Blizzard should be throwing in more often. The "Believe in Me" cinematic was just hookey and corny.

It was a deep one for both of them, and a deathblow, at least until the last HotS mission.
Reply Quote
You don't know that. Remember, back at the Umojan facility, Kerrigan said until Mengsk dies, the two of them can't be together. But I don't think at that moment, Kerrigan was willing to go ANY length for revenge...

Yes I agree revenge was big on her mind, but it seemed that Jim had a calming affect on her (e.g. when he says "that's enough of that" and she stares at him like nothing else matters). If they didn't get separated, I doubt she would've zergified herself. Unless Zeratul still played a role in getting her to go back to Zerus (I posted about this elsewhere). What do you think?

Perhaps I'm thinking too much for Jim, and he was just pissed and disappointed in her, but I always thought it was damn obvious that the revenge path was made even more appealing after Mengsk apparently took Jim. So if Jim had any sense about him, he'd realize that too and cut her some slack.
Reply Quote
Perhaps I'm thinking too much for Jim, and he was just pissed and disappointed in her

This will make much more sense taken Flashpoint into account. Some scenes and words could be familiar after playing HotS campaign.
Reply Quote
I prefer the scene with Warfield's death. It's the moment, where she, with his help, comes to her senses. But it's also sad, that this good man has to die.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 07:10 PMPosted by BroDarkness

Yes I agree revenge was big on her mind, but it seemed that Jim had a calming affect on her (e.g. when he says "that's enough of that" and she stares at him like nothing else matters). If they didn't get separated, I doubt she would've zergified herself. Unless Zeratul still played a role in getting her to go back to Zerus (I posted about this elsewhere). What do you think?

Perhaps I'm thinking too much for Jim, and he was just pissed and disappointed in her, but I always thought it was damn obvious that the revenge path was made even more appealing after Mengsk apparently took Jim. So if Jim had any sense about him, he'd realize that too and cut her some slack.

Well yeah if there was no separation. Zeratul knew Kerrigan wouldn't go to Zerus at all unless she was convinced the power there would allow her to avenge Raynor's "death".
Reply Quote
I prefer the scene with Warfield's death. It's the moment, where she, with his help, comes to her senses. But it's also sad, that this good man has to die.

It's true, Kerrigan did realize Raynor wouldn't want her to be that ruthless.

That being said, she still had the swarm destroy Dominion industrial worlds before the Korhal invasion, though that too was still for the sake of getting revenge on Mengsk by thinning out the Dominion numbers.

That's something Raynor would understand, given his attitude of the Dominion in WoL before the Char invasion.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 10:32 PMPosted by DaveDroid
The "Believe in Me" cinematic was just hookey and corny.

A typical immature teenage critic.

Agreed. That cutscene can only truly be appreciated by mature, refined audience who search for true depth and multiple layers in their storylines.
Reply Quote
04/23/2013 03:58 AMPosted by Tunseldorf

Agreed. That cutscene can only truly be appreciated by mature, refined audience who search for true depth and multiple layers in their storylines.

It's a shame we never got to see Raynor's expression JUST as he returned to the Hyperion from that. We got to see Kerrigan was left a devastated mess after returning to the Leviathan, wished they had shown us Raynor's expression too...
Reply Quote

Well yeah if there was no separation. Zeratul knew Kerrigan wouldn't go to Zerus at all unless she was convinced the power there would allow her to avenge Raynor's "death".

I dont think he did. Zeratul never knew kerrigan as a human. He only knew her when she was controlled by the Overmind, and right after (that is, in BW) where she did anything she could to obtain power.
Edited by Brathearon on 4/23/2013 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I dont think he did. Zeratul never knew kerrigan as a human. He only knew her when she was controlled by the Overmind, and right after (that is, in BW) where she did anything she could to obtain power.

Yeah but she also told Zeratul that she wouldn't be a pawn to his prophecy crap.
Reply Quote
04/22/2013 10:32 PMPosted by DaveDroid
The "Believe in Me" cinematic was just hookey and corny.

It was excessive mellodrama, and that's the sign of immaturity. The whole Raynor/Kerrigan vein of the story is mellowdrama you'd otherwise get from daytime soap operas.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]